Chapter 39 "Don't Touch Me!"

The Jail transport truck pulls out of the District and Atwater lowers the door.
Hank walks over to where Shaylynn and Sam are and touches Shaylynn's arm.
She turns around, "Don't touch me!" Shaylynn tells him with a pissed off look on her face.
Her crying has now turned to rage.
"Shaylynn..." Hank says to her.
"Save it! I don't want to hear it! I told you to make sure Kelly wasn't taken away! He's your Son-In-Law! You could've done something!" she says angrily to Hank.
Sam steps in between them, "Let's go upstairs so we can find out why Kelly was even here" she tells Shaylynn.
Sam leads Shaylynn over to the stairs with Hank following them. While walking up the stairs, Sam quickly turns around and gives Hank a disapproving look.
They finally reach Hank's office.
Shaylynn walks in followed by Sam and then Hank, who closes the door behind him. He walks around his desk and sits down in his chair while Sam also sits down. Shaylynn stays standing, pacing back and forth.
Sam looks up at Shaylynn, then looks at Hank, "Dad, what's going on?"
Hank opens a drawer and pulls out a file folder and sits it down on his desk.
He takes out a picture and hands it to Sam, "Do either of you recognize this woman?"
Sam looks at the picture while Shaylynn looks down at it, "That's the nurse at the hospital who came into Molly's room when I visited" Shaylynn tells him.
Hank noticed Sam got a funny expression on her face when she looked at the picture.
He then takes the other picture out of the folder that shows Anna dead, "This is why Kelly was arrested" he says as he hands it to Sam.
Shaylynn looks down at the picture Sam is holding, "What the hell! Kelly wouldn't do something like this!" she tells Hank.
"His fingerprints are all over the tire iron, Shaylynn" Hank tells her.
Shaylynn keeps pacing back and forth behind Sam, "What are the details of the case?" Shaylynn asks.
"I can't talk about the details" Hank tells her.
Shaylynn stops pacing, walks between the chair Sam is sitting in and the other chair, puts her hands on Hanks desk, bends down and looks him straight in the face, "Tell me!"
"Shaylynn, you might not want to hear what I have to say" he tells her.
She stands back up, moves back behind Sam and stands there for a second, "My husband is on his way to jail! I want to know EVERY detail!"
Hank looks at Sam, "Tell her!" she tells him.
"Her body was discovered 2 blocks from Molly's with her car. We figured she had been at Molly's because we found a napkin in her pocket. When we went there asking about her, eyewitnesses told us that she and Kelly left together."
Sam looks up at Shaylynn and sees she has a pissed off look on her face.
Hank continues, "We traced Kelly's cell phone and found him at a friend's apartment. When I asked him how he got there, he said he didn't know. Now according to Kelly, Anna asked him to help her with a flat tire and that's the reason he left Molly's with her. He said he got the tire iron out of the trunk and went to change the tire. After that he can't remember anything. He said he has no connection to her, but...." he pulls out a picture of the text message and hands it to Sam, "This proves different."
Again, Shaylynn looks down at the picture Sam's holding, "Wait! Kelly showed me this text! At the top where her name is it said unknown" she tells him.
"Kelly could've entered her info after he showed you the text" Hank tells her.
Shaylynn gives Hank a dirty look.
"Right now Kelly is looking at First Degree Murder" he tells Shaylynn and Sam.
"I've heard enough!" Shaylynn says pissed.
She takes her cell phone out of her pocket and walks toward the door, "Sam, I'll wait for you downstairs" she tells her sister as she walks out of Hank's office.
A few feet outside of the office, Shaylynn puts her phone up to her ear, "Butch" Sam and Hank both hear Shaylynn say.
Sam looks at Hank, "I think there's more to this" she says.
"Why do you say that?" Hank asks her.
Sam really doesn't want Hank or Shaylynn to know her secret about monitoring Anna, but this is serious. She takes her phone out of her pocket, pulls up the App to monitor cell phones, finds the texts that Anna received and hands her phone to Hank.
He reads through the texts.
"Seduce him?" Hank blurts out, "Maybe that's why Anna was at Molly's?" he says to Sam.
She shrugs her shoulders, "I need to find out who's behind the unknown number" Sam says.
"You mean I need to find out who's behind the unknown number" Hank says to her.
"No! I mean me!" Sam says aggressively.
"You have enough on your plate with the Hicks case" he tells her, "Anyways, the Severide case is mine."
Sam gives Hank a look as she stands up, "You mean Kelly, don't you? You know YOUR Son-In-Law! If you're not careful, you might be taken of the case because of your relationship with the suspect" she tells him, "I'm going to go. Shaylynn is probably more than ready to leave."
"Keep your eyes on her so she doesn't do something stupid!" Hank tells her.
"I'll try!" Sam tells him as she walks out of his office.
When Sam gets outside, she's right. Shaylynn is sitting in her car with it running, waiting on her. Once Sam gets in, Shaylynn speeds away.