Chapter 40 "99.9% Sure"

"Babe, are you okay?" Shaylynn asks Severide.
"I'm fine!" he tells her.
"He's in private protection. No other inmates can get near him" the Warden tells her.
She gives the Warden a look, 'Hank called me and told me that Kelly was coming. I didn't understand why he cared until he told me Kelly was his Son-In-Law" he tells her.
Shaylynn looks at Severide, "I'm going to find out who's behind this! They'll pay!"
She looks over at the Warden, he smiles at her "Don't worry, I'm not going to say anything! I'm retired Military, plus I know a lot about you. My son is in the Military, you and your guys rescued his Squad when they were abandoned by our higher ranking officials" he tells her.
"You mean Government, right?!" she says to him.
The Warden shakes his head "yes".
"Just by you walking into the jail, put my guards on alert. Jefferies let the guards know you most likely will show up. Your reputation really precedes you!" the Warden says to Shaylynn.
"Obviously not enough! People want to keep screwing with me and my family!" she tells him.
"But, not right to your face! A lot of us old Military who've heard about you had an idea of what you might look like. When the calendar to raise funds for Pediatric Cancer came out, EVERYONE was in shock! How could someone who's so beautiful be so deadly?" he tells Shaylynn.
She looks at Severide and blushes. He smiles at her.
The Warden speaks up, "I'm sure you two want some time alone. There's a room down the hall you two can use. I can show you where it is."
Shaylynn looks at him, "For what?"
"For a conjugal visit" the Warden tells her.
She looks at Severide, he's shaking his head "no".
"Why not?" Shaylynn asks.
"Not in here!" he tells her.
There's a knock on the Warden's door, "Who is it?" the Warden calls out.
Jefferies opens the door and walks in.
Shaylynn turns around and sees who it is. She starts to get up, but Severide grabs onto her arm.
"Mrs. Severide, I think it's time for you to leave!" Jefferies says to her.
She hurries and stands up, "Oh, that's rich! It use to be Shaylynn when I was of use to you, but now it's Mrs. Severide!"
Two guards walk in, "They'll escort you out" Jefferies tells her.
Shaylynn turns around, bends down and kisses Severide. She whispers in his ear, "I'll get you out of here!"
"Mrs. Severide!" Jefferies says.
She stands up, turns toward Jefferies and starts walking toward him. He backs up so she can walk pass him to leave.
Shaylynn gets out to her car. She can't believe this is happening! While sitting there, her phone rings.
"Severide"
"Where are you?" Butch asks her.
"I'm at the jail" she tells him.
"You need to get to your house now!" he tells her.
Shaylynn starts up her car, "I'm on my way."
She drives off and speeds home.

When she arrives, the guys are inside her house.
Shaylynn rushes inside and finds Butch, Sam, and the other guys in the kitchen with papers spread out all over the island.
"What's going on?" she asks them.
"We found some things" Butch tells her.
"What did you find?" she asks.
"Anna's bank records. For some reason they were being very protected in the banking system, until Dave went through the system's back door. He found a couple of huge deposits made to her in the last two months from an offshore account. Dave also looked into Hicks' bank records, seems he received huge deposits on the same day as Anna from the same offshore account" Butch tells Shaylynn.
"What the hell is going on?" Shaylynn asks him, "Why is Hicks being paid by the same offshore account? I don't have any ties to him!"
Butch and the other guys look at Sam.
Shaylynn looks at the guys, then to Sam, "Are you guys thinking whoever is trying to take me down is also going after her?"
"That's what we're thinking" Rob tells her.
"We have to do this the right way since Kelly's in jail, which means we have to give this information to Hank. Guys, this isn't like we're in a different country on a rescue mission. We're now in our country and as much as I hate to say it, we have to follow the rules! My family is at stake!" Shaylynn tells her guys.
"What about the kids? Have you talked to them?" Butch asks her.
"Thankfully they're not even in the country. Stan's family is from the UK and that's where they are for a family reunion. After the reunion is over, Stan and Judi plan on taking them on a trip around Europe. They won't be returning for at least two months and Kelly better be out WAY before then!" Shaylynn tells him.
"Are they being protected?" Rob asks her.
Shaylynn gives him a look, "Of course they are! Chrysti and her guys are with them. There's no one else I would trust to protect my kids other than you guys. I also rented them a private jet. That way if anything happens, they can leave quickly."
"Hey, the cops just picked someone up as suspect in Kelly's case" Dave blurts out.
Shaylynn looks at Dave weird, then looks at Butch, "How does he know that?"
"He has a earpiece in and is listening to their frequency. It's some new technology the Organization got their hands on" Butch tells her.
"We should get to the District" Sam says to Shaylynn.
"Gather all this up for me so I can give it to Hank" she tells Butch.
He gathers everything up for Shaylynn while she and Sam get their coats on. He walks out to the front door and hands everything over to her.
"You guys are more than welcome to stick around. Just don't eat me out of house and home, okay!" Shaylynn tells Butch with a smile as she follows Sam out the door.

At District 21, Hank is about ready to go into the interrogation room when Lindsay, with Halstead behind her, stops him.
"Maybe Jay and I should take this one" she says to him, "You're too close to this."
"Not a chance!" Hank tells her.
"Then Jay is going in with you" Lindsay says.
Hank opens the door, he walks in with Halstead behind him.
"You have nothing on me!" the guy says to Hank.
"I have a lot on you!" Hank says, "The inside of your van has traces of blood from people involved in a murder."
There's a knock at the door, Halstead opens it to reveal Alvin standing there.
Alvin motions for Hank to come out to the hallway.
Hank gets up and walks out of the room, leaving Halstead inside.
"What is it?" Hank asks Alvin.
He hands Hank a file folder. Hank opens it and reads the piece of paper on the inside.
He gives Alvin a look, "Are they sure?" Hank asks.
"The lab said they're 99.9% sure" Alvin tells him.
Hank opens the door, walks in, shuts the door behind him, throws the file folder down on the table, puts his hand around the guy's throat and forcefully throws him and the chair he's sitting in backwards on to the bench behind him.
"YOUR VAN ALSO HAS TRACES OF MY DAUGHTERS DNA!" Hank shouts into the guy's face.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*