Chapter 54 "Stormtroopers"

"WHAT?!" Shaylynn says as she runs back from the street with her gun drawn,"Is everyone alright?" she asks.
"Fine!" Hank says to her.
"I'm alright!" Severide tells her.
"I'm okay!" Rhodes says.
"Where's Sam? SAM!" Shaylynn starts yelling.
"I'm fine!" Shaylynn can hear come from inside her car.
"That was the same car that clipped me and fired those shots into Sam's office window!" Shaylynn tells Hank, "It's a good thing they're nothing but Stormtroopers!"
"Stormtroopers?" Hank asks her with a questioning look.
Shaylynn laughs at him, "It's what Butch, myself, and the others call people who can't shoot worth a damn! You know, like the Stormtroopers in the Star Wars movies."
"Tell me the details of the car" Hank tells Shaylynn.
"It's a 1986 Black Cadillac. I shot out it's right tail light after it clipped me and it has a couple of bullet holes in the bumper under the right tail light. No license plate" she tells him.
Hank heads to his car and gets on the radio.
"Are you sure you all are alright?" Shaylynn asks Sam, Severide and Rhodes.
They all shake their heads "yes".
"Connor, you can leave" Shaylynn tells him.
He looks at Shaylynn, about ready to say something to her, but gets in his car instead and leaves.
Shaylynn pulls out her phone and looks at the time, "Gabby should be at the house by now" she tells Sam and Severide.
"Matt's probably wondering where I am" Severide tells Shaylynn.
Hank walks back over to the others, "You ladies ready to head home?"
"Yes, Sam will be asleep in no time!" Shaylynn says with a smile.
"I'm not tired!" Sam says then yawns.
Shaylynn laughs at her, "Get your sleep now! The bigger you are, the less sleep you'll get. Then after that baby is here, you might as well forget about sleeping ever again!"
Hank looks at Shaylynn, "Stop trying to scare your sister!"
"I'm not trying to scare her, I'm telling her the truth! I've been through it three times, I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about" Shaylynn tells Hank with a sly grin.
Hank looks at Shaylynn and mouths "Stop".
Shaylynn sticks her tongue out at Hank, "What is it with you and the tongue?" he asks her and looks over at Severide.
Severide gets a shitty grin on his face and has to look away from Hank.
"Let's get going!" Hank tells his daughters.
They all get in their cars and pull out of Med's parking lot.
Two blocks from the parking lot, Shaylynn looks in her rearview mirror and sees Hank and Severide following them.
Shaylynn pushes down on the gas pedal a little more, the engine roars more to life. She starts pulling away from Hank and Severide.

Shaylynn and Sam arrive back at her house. As she and Sam are getting out of the car, Severide pulls up followed by Hank.
Seeing his daughters made it alright, he pulls away.
Severide gets out of his car, "We're you in a hurry?" he asks Shaylynn as he walks up to her.
"Yeah, to get you here to get a quickie!" Shaylynn tells to him.
"Shaylynn! What the...." Sam says to her, "Not while I'm here! I've already been scarred from walking into the bunkroom at the Firehouse and hearing you two!"
Shaylynn gives Sam a look, "Kelly and I didn't stop having sex while you stayed here."
Sam puts her fingers in her ears "LA, LA, LA" she starts saying while walking up to the door.
Severide looks at Shaylynn and starts laughing at Sam, "Kids!" he says to her, "I better be getting to Matt's."
"You can leave in a little bit!" Shaylynn tells him as she leans the drivers seat up, climbs into the backseat while pulling on his hand.
Severide climbs in and pulls the door shut with his other hand.

Sam's in the kitchen getting something to eat when she realizes Shaylynn hasn't come in yet.
She walks to the front door, opens it, looks to the driveway and hurries and shuts the door.
"I can't unsee that! At least the car I was in had tinted windows!" Sam says to herself.
By the time Shaylynn gets inside, she finds Sam, Dawson and Brett in the living room asleep.
She takes out her phone and heads to the kitchen.
"Yeah!"
"Butch, I need for you to look more into Hicks" she tells him.
"Why? Did something happen?" he asks her.
"To make a long story short, Sam and I left my house because I had to confront Kelly and Connor at Med's parking lot. While we were standing there, two shots were fired. They came from the same car that clipped me. With Hicks living across the street, he had to have seen that Sam and I left and followed us. Check the garage, see if there's a 1986 Black Cadillac in there" Shaylynn tells Butch.
"Kelly and I are going to Sonoma, California for the weekend, so keep an eye on Sam for me since Chrysti is out of the country" Shaylynn tells him.
"Sonoma? What's in Sonoma that you would be going to?" Butch asks her.
"When Kelly left for that race and met his friends, it was in Sonoma, now they're going to a motorcycle race. Adam and Trent are also going to be there. Since I was unable to go to the first race since I was pregnant with Taylor, I'm going to this one. Plus Kelly and I could use some time away, especially after tonight" Shaylynn says, "You know what, never mind! I'll convince Sam and Peter to go."
She can hear Butch laughing, "You're going to go on a trip with Peter?!" he says to her.
"I'm not going on a trip with Peter! I'm going on a trip with Kelly, Sam is going on a trip with Peter!"