Chapter 4 "Can't Take Much More Of This"

Back at the Severide's house, Severide takes Leslie and Taylor upstairs to put them to bed.
Once he's upstairs with the kids, Shaylynn heads down to her vault. She enters the code, the vault door makes a click to indicate it's unlocked, she pulls it open enough to walk in and shuts the door behind her.
She opens a drawer and takes out some clothes and quickly undresses and re-dresses. After gathering up her clothes and coat that are laying on the floor, Shaylynn pushes a red button and a door on what would be the outside wall of the basement opens. She sticks her clothes inside, shuts the door, pushes another button and a fire starts inside, burning her clothes. Because her vault is positioned right under the Family Room where the fireplace is, when she had it built she had the vent to this chamber vented right into the chimney so no extra smoke would be seen.
Shaylynn walks out of her vault, re-enters the code and the door locks. She walks toward the gym and walks in, closing the door behind her. Picking up some headphones, she plugs them into her phone and turns on some music. She's so pissed, she forgoes gloves and starts punching the punching bag.
After about 10 minutes, her knuckles start stinging, but she doesn't care. All she can see are the three guys faces that were in the SUV on the punching bag.
Another 10 minutes goes by, now her knuckles are starting to bleed, again she doesn't care!
All of a sudden she feels a hand on her shoulder. Out of instincts, she turns around and kicks the person's legs out from under them along with her hand around their throat, they hit the floor. Shaylynn finally comes back to reality and sees that it's Severide laying on the floor. She throws the headphones off her head.
"DAMN IT, KELLY! YOU KNOW BETTER THEN TO SNEAK UP ON ME! GOOD THING THE FLOOR IS COVERED WITH MATS!" Shaylynn yells at him.
Severide just lays there staring up at her.
"Are you alright?" she asks him as she offers her hand to help him stand up.
Severide just lays there, "I think so! I can still wiggle my fingers and toes."
"Kelly, that's not funny! I would die inside if I ever hurt you!" Shaylynn tells him with a very concerned look on her face.
Severide sees the look on Shaylynn's face. He grabs her hand, stands up and hugs her,
"I know you would never hurt me! It was my fault, I shouldn't have touched you. Instead I should have walked around so you could see that I was in the room" he tells her.
Severide notices he has some blood on his hand. He looks at Shaylynn's hands and notices her knuckles are bleeding.
He gets a very angry look on his face, grabs her arm and leads her to the bathroom.
"SIT!" he tells her.
Shaylynn sits on the side of the tub while Severide gets a first aid kit out of a drawer.
"Don't you own a set of gloves?" Severide asks her already knowing the answer.
"Yes! You know I do, you bought them for me!" Shaylynn tells him with a weird expression on her face.
"Then why the hell didn't you use them?!" he asks her.
"I was to pissed to even care about them" she tells Severide.
"We need to talk about tonight" Severide tells her while taking care of her hands.
"Getting tended to by a Firefighter. That's a first for me, also hot at the same time!" Shaylynn says to Severide with a little smile.
"Shaylynn, would you get serious! We really need to talk about what happened!" Severide tells her with a very concerned look on his face.
She moves her hands back from him, "There's NOTHING to talk about, Kelly!"
"What did you do when you left here?" Severide asks her.
Shaylynn walks out of the bathroom with Severide hot on her heels. She goes up the stairs to the first floor.
Severide follows.
He follows her right into the kitchen.
Again he asks, "What did you do when you left here?"
"You know very well I'm not going to discuss anything with you! So stop asking!" she tells him angrily.
"Shaylynn, I can't take much more of this and all the secrets!" he tells her with a very upset look on his face, "Marriage is suppose to be a partnership between us. With you not telling me what is going on in your life, I don't think this is going to work any longer!"
Shaylynn just stands there looking at Severide, letting what he said process. With everything she's seen and been through with this case, especially tonight, she breaks down.
"I KILLED THEM, KELLY! IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR?! I STABBED ALL THREE MULTIPLE TIMES IN THE NECK! Butch then took me back to truck while the other three took care of things" Shaylynn sits down on a barstool and starts crying, "I let this boss turn me into what I absolutely despise, A MONSTER!"
Severide can see Shaylynn is beside herself for what she's done. He thinks back to what Hank told him about everything she's been through in the past and when things happen that threaten the ones she loves, she puts blinders on and can only see what's in front of her.
He walks up to her and hugs her, "Shaylynn, it's alright! I'm sorry I said what I did! I know you're under a lot of pressure with this case especially now since children are involved."
Shaylynn stands up, "Do you really understand, Kelly? When someone tries or does conflict harm onto my family, DEADLY FORCE will be used! This attack on my house, on my family has now made this case personal! This case has went from human trafficking to a fight between him and myself! This boss wants a war, he just got it! He just messed with the wrong person!"
While Shaylynn talks about this boss, Severide swears he sees the color of Shaylynn's eyes turn from hazel to black.
Severide takes Shaylynn back into an embrace, "Let's head to bed! It's been a long, exhausting night for you."
They head upstairs and get ready for bed.
Shaylynn notices that Severide laid her Sig (her main sidearm) on her night stand. She takes it and puts it back in the secret hiding place she has for it in her night stand. Instead of locking the drawer, she leaves it unlocked just in case.
She lays down and cuddles up to Severide, her head laying on his chest listening to his heartbeat.
Severide wraps one arm around her, then turns a little more toward Shaylynn so he can wrap his other arm around her. When he does, he hears her let out a little noise. He knows this noise well as she does it every time he embraces her.
Shaylynn is so tense, it's nice to finally be in bed to relax with Severide's arms wrapped around her.
Being in his arms is her safe place.

The next day, some where in Chicago, guys who are involved with the human trafficking boss receive a package.
One of them opens it, "You better get the boss on a conference call!" he tells another one.
Ten minutes later, they're talking to the boss.
"Why are you bothering me?!" the boss asks them.
"We received a package that's addressed to you" one of the guys tells him.
"And? What's in it?" the boss asks.
One of the other guys hovers the phone over the package.
Inside, the boss can see 3 right hands with matching tattoos on them.
The guy turns the phone back to him so he can see the boss, he's pissed!
"So, that's how she wants to play?! Take care of her husband! Make it look like an accident!
In other words, take him out while he's out on a call!" the boss tells the guys.