Chapter 20 "Out Of The Doghouse"

The crews arrive back at the Firehouse. All of them take off their turnout gear and head inside to the Common area, everyone except Kidd.
Shaylynn heads out to Severide's car to get her laptop so she can download the pictures from her camera. She starts walking back up the driveway and is stopped by Kidd.
Shaylynn gives her a look, "What?!" she says to her.
"You seem to be handling Severide being trapped in a burning warehouse that fell in on him and Casey just fine" Kidd says to Shaylynn.
"Kidd, what the hell are you talking about? Kelly didn't tell me about any call like that!" Shaylynn tells her.
"Oh yeah! It happened the night Severide borrowed Casey's truck, I guess to go and see you. The roof fell in onto the second floor sending everything to the ground floor right on top of Casey and Severide" Kidd tells her.
A pissed off look comes over Shaylynn's face. She storms into the stalls and then into the Common area. She spots Severide sitting at the far end of the table. Walking over to the other end of the table, Shaylynn lays down her laptop and her camera. The other guys sitting at the table notice Shaylynn is standing there, they look to see what she's doing. She then proceeds to take off her holster and lays it on the table, looks up, looking straight at Severide.
Severide notices her looking straight at him with a pissed off look, "What did I do now?" he asks her.
"Would you like to tell me why you didn't tell me about a call where you and Matt were trapped inside a warehouse!?" she angrily asks him.
All the guys at the table get surprised expressions on their faces and look at Severide. He looks at all of them and can tell they are just as surprised as he is that Shaylynn knows about this, so he knows none of them told her.
Dawson looks around and notices Kidd is no where to be found. That is until she spots her over by the doors going out to the stalls smiling from ear to ear. Dawson gets up, taps Brett on the shoulder motioning to her to get up and follow her. Brett gets up and follows Dawson over to where Kidd is standing. Dawson grabs onto Kidd's arm and pushes her out the doors into the stalls.
"Gabby, what's your problem?" Kidd asks her.
"What's your problem?!" Dawson asks Kidd, "You were the one who told Shaylynn about that call, weren't you?"
Kidd looks away.
"Just as I thought! After all this time, you still aren't over Kelly! Girl, you better get your head out of your ass! You're lucky Shaylynn didn't seriously hurt you when she had ahold of you! Why do you want to play with fire?" Dawson asks her.
"There's plenty of other guys out there. You can go and get one of them" Brett tells Kidd.
Kidd looks at Brett, "Look who's talking about going out and getting a guy. Through the grapevine I heard you and Antonio are dating!"
Brett gets a surprised look on her face, "So what if I'm dating Antonio?" she asks Kidd.
"Haven't you ever heard of "girl code"?" Kidd asks.
Dawson rolls her eyes, "What the hell, Stella? Are we in high school? NO, we're grown ass women who can date whoever we want! And I know for a fact Antonio would tell you he'll date whoever he wants. As for MARRIED men, they're OFF LIMITS! Especially one who's married to a past Special Forces person!"
Back inside, Severide is trying to explain what happened at the warehouse, "The guy was too big for us to get out of the warehouse quickly. I saw a door, looked inside and saw it was a vault like your's. So I told Casey and we dragged Barney inside. As soon as I closed the door, that's when everything fell. We were perfectly safe. Just when I tried to open the door, it wouldn't open because of all the debris."
"Why didn't you want me to know?" Shaylynn asks Severide.
"You had already been through so much! Since we were safe and nothing happened to us, I just thought you didn't need to know" he tells her.
"Well, that's where you're wrong! I want to know about EVERY call, especially ones like that! You never know when something might not be an accident! Like the abandoned house, that wasn't an accident and one hundred percent a trap to try and kill you!" she tells Severide.
"Okay, I promise to tell you about EVERY call. Can I please get out of the doghouse?" Severide asks her with puppy dog eyes.
Shaylynn laughs at him.
"Who told you?" Severide asks.
Shaylynn doesn't say anything, sits down and opens her laptop. Severide has an idea who did it when he sees Dawson, Brett, and Kidd walk through the doors and Dawson has a mad expression on her face.