Chapter 17 "Call Your Wife!"

Shaylyn's back in her room.
She had to leave Molly because it was time for her breathing treatment. The nurses don't like anyone extra in the room with her when she does it.
Once back in her room, Shaylynn called Hank and told him what Butch told her about the sting.
He tells her that he's coming to the hospital.
While waiting for Hank, she calls Severide. She can't believe he hasn't been by the hospital yet. Shaylynn calls him multiple times.
Before she can call Severide again, Hank walks in with Assistant State Attorney Steve Kot. Hank closes the door behind them and locks it.
Shaylynn gives Hank a weird look, "Why are you locking the door?"
"I don't want anyone walking in while we're talking" he tells her.
"Okay. Do you know something I don't?" she asks him.
"First, this is Mr. Steve Kot. He's with the State Attorney's office. Ever since Jefferies and Stone came to you asking for help, I asked Mr. Kot to keep his ears open about anything that had to do with you" Hank tells her, "When you called and told me what Butch told you, I was in contact with Mr. Kot and told him what you said. I told him I was coming to talk to you and that he should meet me here."
"What's going on?" Shaylynn asks looking at Kot.
"The new Governor is really adamant about backing off this Trafficking boss. He's pressuring the State Attorney to prosecute you and your guys for the botched sting at Incubus and causing a lot of damage at the club" Kot tells her.
"You'll have to forgive me, I don't keep up with a lot of politics. Who's the new Governor?" Shaylynn asks Kot.
"Mike Charles" he tells her.
"You've got to be kidding! Senator Mike Charles, or should I say ex-senator! No wonder he's trying to do what he is!" Shaylynn says angrily.
"Apparently you know him?" Kot asks her.
"Unfortunately, yes! The Organization exposed quite a few Senators who were accepting bribes from the Mexican drug cartel, he was one of them. That's why he's doing this! What really pisses me off is Jefferies and Stone not telling him to screw off since they came to me!" Shaylynn says.
"When they came to you, that was under the old Governor" Kot tells her.
"If Mr. Charles is pressing Jefferies to back off, then it sounds like he's doing business with this trafficking boss" Shaylynn says, "You've been listening for anything that had to do about me and my guys, are you still willing to do that knowing what you do about us?" Shaylynn asks Kot, "I'll be in your debt and you can ask me for anything!"
Kot looks at Hank.
"I'll do anything to protect my guys!" Shaylynn tells Kot.
Kot smiles at her, "I'll continue keeping my ears open. About the other, you'll do anything?"
"Anything!" Shaylynn tells him.
"There might be something, but I'm not going to say anything quite yet. Let's get this taken care of first, then I'll call in the favor" Kot tells her.
Shaylynn smiles at him, "Alright!"
"I better get back to the office. If and when I hear anything, I'll call you" Kot tells Shaylynn.
"Mr. Kot, I appreciate your help!" Shaylynn tells him.
Kot turns toward the door, unlocks it, opens the door and walks out.
Shaylynn looks at Hank, "Jefferies and Stone need to know about Charles. If after learning the truth about him, if they still turn their backs on me and my guys, they'll be sorry!"
"Shaylynn, just calm down! Kot will find out what he can and let you know" Hank tells her.
"I hope Jefferies and Stone want to do the right thing, instead of doing what this crooked Governor wants them to do. They need to see the light!" she tells Hank, "Have you heard from Kelly?" she asks him.
"No. I've been busy on a case. He hasn't been by?" Hank asks.
"Not that I know of. I've called him, maybe ten times already and he never answers. I know if something happened to him Chief would've came and told me" Shaylynn tells him.
"Maybe he's out on a call. You never know, but don't worry about it. Okay!" Hank says back to her, "I have to be going" he tells her giving her a kiss on the forehead, then heading out the door.

The rest of the day is uneventful. Shaylynn goes back multiple times to visit Molly. She tells Molly that today is her last day at the hospital, but she'll come back to visit her.
Shaylynn still hasn't been able to get in touch with Severide, so she calls Boden.

Boden- "Yeah!"

Shaylynn- "Chief, it's Shaylynn. Is Kelly around?"

Boden- "He's around. Last time I saw him, he was out in the Common area. Is something wrong with his phone? Is that why you're calling me?"

Shaylynn- "I don't know. I've called him 10 times and he never answers."

Boden- "I'll find out what the problem is!"

Shaylynn- "Thanks, Chief!"

Boden- "No problem! Get some rest!"

Boden hangs up and heads out to the Common area. He finds Severide sitting at the table and taps him on the shoulder.
"Can we talk?" Boden asks Severide.
Severide nods, stands up and follows Boden into the Conference Room, "I just received a call from Shaylynn. She's been trying to reach you, but she said you never answer. Is something wrong with your phone?" Boden asks him.
Severide runs a hand through his hair and turns away from Boden, "Kelly, what is is? There's nothing wrong with your phone is there?" Boden asks.
Severide turns back around to face Boden, "No, there's nothing wrong with my phone. I don't want to talk to her right now."
Boden gives Severide a confused look, "What's going on?"
"When I went earlier today to visit her, she wasn't in her room. While I was in there Clarke walked in looking for her. I asked him why, he told me he was now her doctor because she told Connor to sign off and to sign him on. When I finally got it out of Clarke why Shaylynn would do that, he told me that Connor kissed her!" Severide tells Boden with an angry look on his face.
Boden's shocked!
"Why are you not talking to Shaylynn then?" Boden asks Severide.
"I'm afraid I'll blow up and mention it! I want to wait and see if she says anything to me about it." he tells Boden.
Boden gives him a look, "She's really concerned that you haven't answered any of her calls. You have to remember, she doesn't know you know about what happened. All she knows is that you're ignoring her."
Severide looks at Boden, "I just wanted to cool down! Maybe later on I'll call her."
"You're a grown man! Only you can decide what is best for you. Some advice from one married man to another, call your wife!" Boden suggests.
Severide never calls Shaylynn back.
A huge pile up keeps Squad pretty busy most of the day. Then an apartment building fire keeps them busy the rest of the time. 
Will Severide even make it to the hospital tomorrow to pick Shaylynn up?