Chapter 58 "I Can't Lose Him!"

Shaylynn walks into her office, "I'm here as Mr. Roll's lawyer."
"WE don't do lawyers around here! Anyways, being Governor doesn't make you a lawyer!" she says, "How do you know his name and that he was here?" Shaylynn asks.
"Ah, something you don't know about me! Before I became a Senator I was a lawyer and I'm taking Mr. Roll with me!" Mike Charles tells Shaylynn.
"The hell you are!" Shaylynn tells him.
"I think you'll see things differently once you turn around" Charles tells her.
She turns around to see two CPD uniformed police officers standing behind her with Hank standing in front of them.
Shaylynn puts her gun back into it's holster. She walks up to Hank and grabs his arm.
"Can I talk to you!" she tells him pulling him away from the Officers.
"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Shaylynn asks Hank.
"My job! I asked you if anyone was being brought back here!" he says to her.
"This guy is mine! Charles doesn't have any right to come in here and take him!" she says.
"He has every right since he's Mr. Roll's lawyer" Hank tells her.
'That's just it, how did he know he was here?! Plus Charles is involved with this Trafficking boss. His name is on the Auditor records as the owner of the house I was held hostage in!" Shaylynn tells him.
Hank grinds his teeth, "Do you have proof Charles is involved with this boss?" he questions her.
"NO! Don't you think it's strange how I was kept in a house owned by Charles after it was the Organization that took him down?" she asks Hank.
"As much as it kills me to say this, maybe Charles and this boss know each other and he had no idea what this guy was doing with his house" Hank says to her.
"You're kidding right?!" Shaylynn questions him, she shakes her head, "Whatever! I'll go get the asshole!"
She walks away from Hank and heads down to the basement.
Once she gets there, she puts her hand onto a scanner. It reads her hand print and the door opens. She hurries and shuts the door behind her.
"What's going on? Butch asks her.
"Hank's here with two uniformed officers. Mike Charles is upstairs in my office claiming to be Mr. Rolls lawyer and requesting that he be released. Get a metal detector and go over the assholes body to see if he has a tracking chip in him! I don't like the idea of Charles knowing where our office is!" Shaylynn tells Butch.
Butch grabs a metal detector, Rob holds the goon up while Butch goes over this body. Sure enough, a tracking chip is found in the back of his neck. Shaylynn motions to the guys to follow her out of the room.
"Let Charles have him! I don't want him here any longer!" Shaylynn tells Butch, "Later tonight, we're moving our office!"
Butch walks back into the room, grabs the goons arm and pulls him up to a standing position. After walking out of the room, the goon looks at Shaylynn and smiles. She punches him in the face.
"What the fuck was that for?" the goon asks her.
"What was what? Nothing happened to you! Did anything happen to him?" Shaylynn asks the guys.
"Nope, nothing happened to you except you have two left feet and walked into a door!" Butch tells the goon before slamming him into a wall, "See two left feet! You can't walk straight!"
Butch looks at Shaylynn and winks at her. She smiles back.
He escorts the goon upstairs to Shaylynn's office.
"Mr. Roll, I'll be taking you out of here!" Charles tells him.
Unfortunately Hank can't do anything, as of right now.
"Officers if you would please escort Mr. Roll out to my limo I would appreciate it!" Charles says to the Officers.
They comply and escort Mr. Roll out of the building.
"If you'll excuse me" Charles says to Butch.
Butch stands in the doorway not letting Charles out, "Would you get out of my way!" he says to Butch.
Hank turns his back to Butch and Charles.
Butch grabs onto Charles' expensive coat, "If you or anyone you know comes around Shaylynn again or her sister, I'll break your neck! I don't care who you are!"
"Sergeant, did you hear that? He threatened me!" Charles says to Hank.
"What? Here lately I've been having problems with my ears" Hank tells Charles while giving Butch a sly grin.
"Let go of me now!" Charles tells Butch.
Butch let's go of Charles, he hurries past Butch running down the stairs, out to his limo.
"I better be going. Tell Shaylynn I said goodbye" Hank tells Butch as he heads for the stairs.
Eight minutes after Hank leaves, Shaylynn comes to her office to find Butch sitting in there.
"Be back here at one in morning. We're packing up and moving! I've already told the others" she tells him, "I thought you said General Jones was on his way?" she questions Butch as she walks around her desk.
As she turns around to face Butch, General Jones is standing in her office doorway. Shaylynn turns back around and rolls her eyes.
He walks in and greets Butch. Butch then leaves Shaylynn's office, she gives Butch a face as General Jones sits down. Butch smiles at her as he shuts the door behind him.
"What do I owe this pleasure?" Shaylynn says to Jones.
"Cut the bullshit, Shaylynn!" Jones tells her, "I know you're not happy I'm here!"
"Then why are you here?" she asks.
"To offer assistance with this human trafficking case. I feel you're too close to it after what happened to you" he tells her.
This pisses Shaylynn off, "This bastard is mine! Do you understand! This bastard took something from me and I'm going to get it back if I have to take it from his hide!"
"Alright! Alright! Calm down!" Jones tells her.
Shaylynn glares at him.
"Why didn't I know you were married?" Jones asks her.
"I have no idea why you didn't know I was married. I figured everyone knew I was married again with how things get around" she tells him.
"And your last name is Severide, is that right?" Jones asks her.
"Yes" she tells him with a questioning look.
"You're husbands name isn't Benjamin is it?" he asks her.
Shaylynn gives him a look, "NO! That's my Father-in-law!"
Jones gives her a relieved look, "How do you know that name anyways?" Shaylynn asks him.
"He had an affair with my wife, well ex-wife now, when I was stationed over seas" he tells her.
Shaylynn starts shaking her head, "Benny Severide?" she questions him.
"Yes!" he says.
She stands up and points a finger at Jones, "Don't start any trouble! Do you hear me! I don't care what happened between you and Benny in the past! He's my family now and I won't tolerate any bullshit!" she tells Jones.
Jones smiles at her, "I wouldn't expect any less from you protecting your family! I better be going. I still need to check in at my hotel" he tells her.
He gets up, opens the door and walks out of her office. Shaylynn sits down and let's out a huge sigh of relief that he's gone.

Hours go by, Butch and the other guys left the office while Shaylynn stayed behind. She figured there was no sense in her going home, so she stayed to pack up her office.
Her phone rings....
"Severide"
"Shaylynn, it's Butch. Dave's been jumped! He's in pretty bad shape! He's being rushed to Med right now!"
"I'm on my way!" she tells him
She runs down the stairs and out to her car. Shaylynn speeds off.

Shaylynn pulls up in front of Med. Robert, the security guard is standing there waiting on her.
"Maggie told me one of your guys was brought in. I'll park your car for you!" he tells Shaylynn.
"Thank you!" she tells Robert and runs into the ED.
She sees Butch, Rob and Dan over by Cell 5.
Shaylynn walks in that direction. She looks into the cell and sees Dr. Halstead, April and some other nurses are in there working on Dave.
Alarms start sounding.
"Will, what's happening?" Shaylynn asks.
"Please, Shaylynn step out" Dr. Halstead says to her.
Shaylynn complies.
Butch is pissed!
"We're going out and hunt down the guys who did this!" he tells her.
Shaylynn looks at him and wipes tears away, "Okay, I'm staying right here!"
Butch, Rob and Dan walk out of the ED on a mission.
Maggie sees them leave and walks over to Shaylynn, "No one is here with you?" she asks.
"Not now. The guys are going out hunting. I'm not leaving Dave here by himself!" Shaylynn tells her with a tear rolling down her cheek.
Maggie nods at Shaylynn and walks away. She walks over to a phone and calls Severide, but he doesn't answer. Maggie tries Boden, but doesn't get a answer with him either. They must be on a call, she thinks to herself. She pulls up Sam's medical file to get her phone number.
"Samantha Voight"
"Sam, this is Maggie. Dave's in the ED. Shaylynn's here all alone. I tried calling Kelly, but he's not answering. He must be on a call. Sam, she's pretty upset and things aren't looking good for Dave!" Maggie tells her.
"I'm on my way!" Sam tells Maggie.

Stone and Sam walk into the ED waiting room. Sam looks into the ED and sees Shaylynn standing outside of Cell 5.
Sam looks at Stone, "Please keep trying to get ahold of Kelly, okay."
He nods to her, "I'll stay on it!" he says as she walks into the ED to be with Shaylynn.
When Sam reaches Shaylynn, she grabs her hand, "Shaylynn..." Sam says.
Shaylynn turns to look at her. Sam can see that her cheeks are shiney from tears.
More alarms start sounding from inside Cell 5.
Shaylynn turns her head to see if she can see anything that's going on inside the cell.
When she turns her head back around, she sees Dr. Rhodes walking her way. Right then she knows the severity of the situation.
Shaylynn starts shaking her head, "No! No!"
Dr. Rhodes is only in there for around 20 seconds when they start rolling Dave out toward the elevator.
"Connor!" Shaylynn says.
"I have to do surgery. He's been stabbed multiple times in the chest piercing his lungs" he tells Shaylynn as she and Sam follow him to the elevator.
"Connor, PLEASE save Dave!" she tells him with tears in her eyes as well as on her cheeks.
Connor looks at her, then looks away.
The elevator doors close.
Shaylynn really starts crying. Sam turns her around and Shaylynn starts crying on Sam's shoulder.
All of Squad runs into the ED, Severide in the lead. Maggie sees him and points back to the elevators. He runs back there to see Shaylynn crying on Sam's shoulder.
He walks up to them.
Sam let's go of Shaylynn and hands her off to Severide. Shaylynn looks up to see it's him.
He takes her into his arms, "Kelly, I can't lose him!" she says before she starts crying uncontrollably.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*