Chapter 2 "Going To Feed An Army"

With Christmas approaching, I figured I would go a head amd post this chapter.   It might be a while before I post anything else.  Just have to wait and see.  :)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

After a couple of hours cleaning up the kitchen, the Family Room, and putting new toys into the playroom, Shaylynn can finally concentrate on getting ready for the party. That is until the doorbell rings.
She walks to the door, opens it and it's Katie holding a ton of grocery bags. Shaylynn hurries and starts to grab bags from Katie. Severide was walking toward the front door to see who was here and sees Shaylynn grabbing bags from Katie. He runs to the door to help.
"Katie, I told you I have everything you'll need to cook dinner! What's all of this?" Shaylynn asks her.
"This is just some extra things I want to cook for tonight" Katie tells Shaylynn.
"A few things?" Severide asks his sister.
"That's what I said when she started loading up the car" Otis tells Shaylynn and Severide as he carries more bags into the house.
Shaylynn looks at all the bags, "Katie, it's just a few people coming. This looks like you're going to feed an army!"
"Okay, maybe I went a little over board! Who's all coming again?" Katie asks.
"Benny, Hank, you two of course" Shaylynn tells Katie.
Severide gives Shaylynn a look as they walk to the kitchen.
"Kelly, why are you looking at me like that for?" Shaylynn asks him.
"I invited some other people" Severide tells her as he puts the bags on the counter.
"Who did you invite?" she asks him.
"All of the Firehouse. Then I told Hank to invite the Intelligence team" he tells Shaylynn.
She smiles at him, "That's alright! I invited Butch and the other guys. Do you know exactly who is all coming then?"
"Chief, Donna, and Terrance. Matt, Gabby, and Louie. Stella and Antonio. Mouch and Trudy. All of the Herrmann's. Tony, Capp, Cruz, and Sylvie. Then Hank told me this morning that Jay, Erin, Adam, Kim, Kevin along with April and his brother and sister are coming."
"So, it's going to be 41 people here tonight for Christmas dinner?" Shaylynn looks at Katie, "It's a good thing you brought all this extra, because you are cooking for an Army!"
"Savannah and her Grandparents aren't coming?" Katie asks Shaylynn.
"No. They're on their yearly holiday trip to Disney World. For the past six years I've been sending them there. It gets them out of the cold for a few weeks, plus Savannah loves going to Disney" Shaylynn looks around at all the bags on the counter, "What do you want me to help with?" Shaylynn asks Katie.
"Nothing! I'm doing all the cooking, you're going to go upstairs and do whatever you need to do to get ready for later" Katie tells Shaylynn while holding onto her arm leading her out of the kitchen.
Once they're away from Severide and Otis, Katie looks at Shaylynn.
"Katie, what is it?" Shaylynn asks her.
"You're okay with Stella, Erin, and April coming tonight?" Katie asks in a puzzled tone.
Shaylynn gives Katie an odd look, "Why wouldn't I be okay with them coming?"
"Maybe because at one point in time they were with Kelly" Katie looks at Shaylynn confused.
Shaylynn laughs at her, "April is with Kevin. Erin and Jay have been a couple for a very long time. And Stella is with Antonio.  Plus, they know Kelly's mine!  With my background, I don't believe none of them would cross me.  Anyways, Antonio is coming and Kelly doesn't seem to mind."
"Why would Kelly care if Antonio is coming?" Katie asks her.
"I dated Antonio right after Kelly and I, well I can't say broke up because we weren't dating yet, after we "hooked" up."
Katie looks at Shaylynn surprised, "Oh! I didn't know that you dated Antonio or that you and Kelly hooked up at one time."
Shaylynn tries not to laugh at Katie's expression, "We hooked up the first night I was back in Chicago. Herrmann invited me to stop by Molly's, I did and the next morning I was waking up beside Kelly. A couple months later is when I found out I was pregnant with Leslie."
Katie is in absolute shock!
"I never knew ANY of this! That's what I get for living in Colorado!" Katie looks at her phone to see what time it is, "I better get started on the food or everyone is going to show up and there won't be anything to eat."
Katie heads back to the kitchen, while Shaylynn heads upstairs to get ready for tonight.