Chapter 52 "Y'all Haters"

Severide and Shaylynn head home to get ready for Dawson's birthday party.
"You know Matt forgot about Gabby's birthday" Severide tells her.
"I figured he did, that's why I said something. What did he do when I told him?" she asks.
"He got the "oh shit" look on his face!" Severide tells Shaylynn laughing.
"I wasn't going to say anything, but a lot of people are going to be there and with Molly's suppose to be closed today, Gabby wouldn't have shown up if it wasn't for Matt bringing her" she tells him, "Plus I need to get to Molly's early so I can get things ready for her present."
Severide pulls into the driveway, "What is it?" he asks her.
Shaylynn laughs at him as she opens the car door, "You will just have to wait and see what it is just like everyone else!"
She heads inside with Severide following her. Right away she heads upstairs to choose what she's going to wear. Picking out a blouse, jeans, her light leather coat, a different purse to change out, and chunky heel boots.

 Picking out a blouse, jeans, her light leather coat, a different purse to change out, and chunky heel boots

Shaylynn walks out of the closet and lays everything on the bed. She heads to the bathroom, undresses and gets into the shower.
The hot water feels good hitting her body, especially her leg and back where she hit the concrete pillar.
Fifteen minutes later, she gets out, grabs a towel and wraps it around her. She grabs another towel, bends over and starts patting her hair dry. Satisfied that her hair is dry enough, she walks out into the bedroom.
She runs into Severide. He picks her up and starts kissing her. She wraps her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist, her towel falling to the floor.
Pushing her up against a wall he holds on to her with one arm while he unbuttons and unzips his pants, pushing them and his boxer briefs to the floor, then kicking them into a corner.
He enters her and they start making love.
It doesn't take Shaylynn long to have an orgasm. With all the stress she's been under, she needed this release.
After they finish, Severide carries Shaylynn over to the bed and lays her down. He starts kissing her more getting ready for round two.
Severide starts kissing her neck, Shaylynn looks over at the clock on his bedside table.
"Fuck..." Shaylynn blurts out.
"That's what I plan on doing!" he says to her while moving down to her breasts.
"No! I have to be getting ready or I'm going to be late for Gabby's present!" she tells him while trying to wiggle out from under him.
Severide looks over at the clock and sees it is getting late. He rolls off her, she carefully stands up, walks over to pick up her towel and walks into the bathroom.
Shaylynn quickly puts on her makeup and does her hair, while Severide gets a shower.
She walks out of the bathroom, grabs her clothes and starts putting them on.
Walking back into the bathroom she tells Severide goodbye, then heads downstairs and out to the garage.

Arriving at Molly's, Shaylynn discovers the entire street out front is closed for repairs. Parking on a side street, she walks to Molly's. Walking in she hears Herrmann complaining about the street.
"Can you believe this! Of all days the city has to do repairs!" he tells Otis.
He looks over and sees Shaylynn, "Hey, Shaylynn!" he yells to her, "Why are you here so soon?"
"I have to get things ready for Gabby's present" she tells Herrmann.
"Okay, you do what you need to do, we'll finish decorating" he tells her.
Shaylynn goes about getting things ready. Herrmann and Otis keep watching to see if they can figure out what she's doing.
By the time people start showing up, she's finishing.
Severide walks in with Sam and Stone. Shaylynn walks out from behind the bar. She kisses Severide, says hi to Stone and gives Sam a hug.
"Kelly says you had to come early to get ready for Gabby's present. What did you get her?" Sam asks.
Shaylynn laughs, "If I didn't tell my husband, what makes you think I'm going to tell you?"
Sam gives Shaylynn a look, "You won't tell your sister?"
"You'll have to wait and see just like everyone else!" Shaylynn tells Sam, then winks at her.
Sam turns and looks at Severide, "Sorry, Kelly! She's not budging!"
Shaylynn looks at him, "So you put Sam up to it?"
Severide walks up to her and puts his hands on her hips, "Baaabbee! Love you!" then kisses her.
Shaylynn can't do anything but laugh. More people start arriving.
Soon Molly's starts filling up.
Shaylynn turns on the TV to a channel that plays music videos.
With all the people here, Herrmann and Otis are getting slammed, so Shaylynn decides to help them out.
Brett is watching out the back for Casey and Dawson to show up.
At the bar is Hank and Antonio. Hank is talking to Antonio about his new job at the State Attorney's office when Brett starts yelling that Casey and Dawson have arrived. The music gets turned down and everyone gets quiet. Casey was instructed to bring Dawson in through the back.
Everyone can hear Dawson going on about why are they stopping at Molly's for. Casey opens the door that separates the back from the bar. Everyone yells "Surprise! Happy Birthday!" scaring Dawson.
"How did you pull this off?" Dawson asks Casey.
Casey looks at Otis, Herrmann, and Shaylynn with another "Oh shit!" look.
They walk in and Dawson starts saying hi to everyone.