Chapter 27 "Jinx"

A few days have went by. Things at the Firehouse have been quiet and slow.
"Severide needs to go on vacation more often!" Capp blurts out while coloring in his adult coloring book at the table.
"Why's that?" Casey asks him from the kitchen area.
"Since he's been gone, it's been quiet around here with no calls!" Capp says back to Casey.
Herrmann looks over at Mouch while he throws his hands up in the air, "Capp did it! He just jinxed us!"

"Engine 51, Truck 81, Squad 3, Ambulance 61, Battalion 25, Car fire, County Barbecue 1352 West Taylor Street"

"See I told you! Capp jinxed us!" Herrmann expresses angrily.
Casey smiles and walks past Herrmann, "Come on Herrmann, let's go!"
Squad is already out in the stalls getting their turnout gear on.
Herrmann sees Capp and gives him a dirty look. Capp smiles back at Herrmann, then get's up into Squad.
They arrive at the car fire. Squad and Ambulance 61 really didn't need to be called out because Truck and Engine could've handle this call on their own. The people who called 9-1-1 thought there was kids trapped inside the car, but it was nothing but baby dolls.
Squad hangs back and takes it easy, watching Truck and Engine work.
Boden looks over at the Squad guys who are laying down, passing around Capp's phone.
The fire is out and everyone heads back to the Firehouse hoping there's no more calls before they can head home.

Somewhere in a tropical paradise, Shaylynn and Severide are just waking up. He gets up and heads to the bathroom. After a minute, he comes back out to his phone buzzing on the table.
He picks it up, it's a text from Casey.

Casey: How's your vacation going?

Severide: It's going great! Really enjoying myself! I don't want to come home!

Casey: I bet you don't! Do you have a great view?

Severide: Sure do!

Casey: What does your view look like?

Severide: What do you think? LOL!

Casey: Kelly! I meant the view from the window!

Severide: LMAO! You should have been more specific! You asked if I had a great view, this is my great view I'm looking at right now!

Casey: I'll let you get back to your "great view". Have a great time!

Severide: Oh I will!

Casey shakes his head at Severide's last text.

Shaylynn's phone goes off. She grabs it and sees it's a text from Capp with a video attached.

Capp:

She starts laughing, "What are you laughing at?" Severide asks her.
Shaylynn hands him her phone, "I see what your guys have been doing with you gone!" she tells him with a smile.
He clicks on the video. After it's over, he smiles and shakes his head.
Shaylynn gets up out of bed, grabs a sundress and heads to the bathroom.
She looks in the mirror, "What's wrong with you?" she asks her reflection, it doesn't answer.
There's this feeling she just can't shake.
She looks back at her reflection, "Shake it off girl! You're in this GORGEOUS tropical paradise with your HOT husband, you need to get it together!"
After a couple of minutes she comes out of the bathroom.
"Are you ready to leave the room and go explore?" Severide asks her.
"Sure! Let's go!" Shaylynn tells him.

After a long hot day exploring, Severide and Shaylynn return to the room exhausted.
Severide heads to the bathroom to take a shower. He's been in the shower for a few minutes and thought for sure Shaylynn would be right in to get in the shower with him.
Once Severide's in the bathroom, Shaylynn heads outside to sit by the pool.