Chapter 1 "Santa Been Here! Get Up!"

12/22/2016     My gift to my readers....the first chapter.   Have a safe and happy holiday season!      *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Mommy! Daddy! It's Christmas! Santa been here! GET UP! GET UP!" Taylor yells as he climbs up on to Severide and Shaylyn's bed, then starts jumping up and down.
Shaylynn opens her eyes to see Severide staring at her, "He's YOUR child!" he says to her with a smile.
Severide sits up, catches Taylor as he lands on the bed and pulls him down under the covers, "Let's go back to sleep!" Severide tells him.
"NO!" Taylor tells his Dad as he wiggles out of Severide's grasp and out from under the covers.
"Is Leslie still asleep?" Shaylynn asks Taylor.
"NO! She downstairs!" he tells his Mom.
"Great! She's probably already started tearing open the presents" Shaylynn tells Severide.
"No! Pepaws downstairs" Taylor tells her.
Shaylynn sits up, "Both are downstairs?" she asks him.
"Yes!" Taylor says.
Shaylynn looks at Severide, "It was YOUR bright idea to give them keys and the security code!"
He sits up, grabs the back of her head, pulls her to him and kisses her.
"That won't make up for anything!" Shaylynn tells him as he gets out of bed and heads for the bathroom to get dressed.
Shaylynn flops back onto her pillow. Taylor laughs at the sight of his Mom falling back onto the pillow, then heads toward the bedroom door and proceeds to run to the staircase.
"DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT RUNNING DOWN THOSE STAIRS, TAYLOR!" Shaylynn yells to him.
It goes quiet. After about five seconds, Shaylynn can hear THUMP! THUMP! THUMP!
Instead of running down the stairs, Taylor decides to jump down them.
Shaylynn rolls her eyes "That is SO Kelly's son!" she says.
Severide walks out of the bathroom, "I heard that!" Shaylynn hears him say.
She sits back up, "GOOD! He acts just like you!"
"So you mean he acts all cute and adorable like me!" he says to her with a wink while he walks out the bedroom door.
Shaylynn throws his pillow at him.

Severide heads downstairs and sure enough there's Benny and Hank in the kitchen. Benny making coffee, Hank putting something into the oven.
"Daddy!" Leslie yells when she sees him.
Benny and Hank look over at Severide, "Leslie called us" Benny tells his son.
Severide looks over to Leslie who just gives her Dad a huge smile.
"She has you both wrapped around her little finger!" Severide expresses to Benny and Hank.
"Just like you!" Shaylynn says from behind Severide.
He turns around, Shaylynn plants a kiss on him and smiles, "You can't deny it!"
"Pepaws! You have to come up to my room and see my tree!" Leslie tells them as she jumps down off a barstool, runs around the island and grabs their hands. She starts pulling them out of the kitchen.
"I guess we're going upstairs to look at her tree" Hank says with a smile to Shaylynn.
Leslie leads them through the Living Room and up the stairs.

"Come on! Come on, Pepaws! Hurry up!" Leslie shouts back at Benny and Hank as she runs up the stairs

Benny and Hank look at each other, "She forgets that we're a lot older then what she is" Benny says to Hank.
They finally make it to the top of the stairs. Leslie sticks her head out of her bedroom doorway, "Hurry up!"
Benny and Hank walk down the hall and walk into Leslie's room.

 Leslie sticks her head out of her bedroom doorway, "Hurry up!"Benny and Hank walk down the hall and walk into Leslie's room

"See my tree Mommy put up for me?!" Leslie says all excited.
"Looks like Mommy has done a lot of work in your room. I don't remember you having a chandelier or a big bed" Hank says to her.
"I'm a big girl now, so I need a big girl bed, Pepaw!" Leslie expresses to Hank.
"Oh, my apologies!" Hank tells her with a smile.
"CINNAMON ROLLS ARE DONE!" Severide yells upstairs.
Leslie gets a huge smile on her face and heads for her bedroom door, "Now Pepaws, no running down the stairs or Mommy will get mad and yell at you!" She then walks out of her bedroom and down the hall to the stairs.
Both Benny and Hank start laughing at what Leslie tells them. They both walk out of Leslie's room and start heading down the hall. On the way to the stairs they pass by Taylor's room and see Shaylynn has also put a tree up in there for him. 

"Shaylynn really likes Christmas trees, doesn't she?" Benny says to Hank

"Wait till you see the one in the family room!" Hank tells him.
Benny gives Hank a confusing look, "What? I've already seen it. We passed it coming up the stairs."
Hank laughs at him, "That's the Living Room tree. There's another one in the Family Room. All the presents are under that one because it's close to the fireplace. That way Santa doesn't have to go that far" Benny gives Hank a look, "Yeah, I thought the samething when Shaylynn told me that. Just another excuse for her to have another tree. I'm thinking growing up over in the Middle East she didn't have a Christmas tree and now she's making up for it."
"I was wondering where all the presents were when I didn't see any under the tree we passed. If she never had a tree growing up, then I can understand why she has quite a few" Benny says to Hank.
They head downstairs.

Everyone eats their cinnamon rolls, then it's finally time to open presents. According to Leslie and Taylor it took a whole century for everyone to eat.
After presents are opened, Benny and Hank say goodbye. Leslie and Taylor get sad looks on their faces because the Pepaws are leaving.
"We'll be back later. Remember, Mommy is having Christmas dinner" Hank reminds them.
Both Leslie and Taylor get smiles on their faces and go back to playing with their new toys.
Severide and Shaylynn say goodbye to their dads.
Shaylynn then heads into the kitchen to clean up. In a couple of hours Katie will be coming to cook Christmas dinner. Katie was all for cooking Christmas dinner under one condition, if she was able to cook it in Shaylynn's massive kitchen. 

Shaylynn has no problem with Katie cooking in her kitchen because she HATES to cook! Plus, why not leave it to the professional

Plus, why not leave it to the professional.