Chapter 36 "Booty Call"

Severide puts Shaylynn down inside the stalls.
"You need to calm down! Sam is 25 years old! She's a grown ass woman who can take care of herself and have sex with whoever she wants" Severide tells her.
Hearing that, Shaylynn gets an even bigger pissed off look on her face. Even though they weren't raised together, Sam will always be the baby.
"Then I'll get my Sniper Rifle and shoot Stone's....." she starts saying.
"SHAYLYNN!" Severide says to her.
"What? Come on, Kelly! Sam just got out of the hospital, she's been off her meds for I'm not quite sure how long. Then Stone texts her for a BOOTY call as soon as she's discharged?! With what I've been through because of him and Jefferies, I REFUSE to let him hurt her! Just let me put a cap in his ass. He'll be fine, he won't be able to sit down right for a few weeks, but he'll recover!" she tells Severide.
He tries not to start laughing at what Shaylynn says about putting a cap in Stone's ass.
"I don't think so!" he tells her.
"If you won't let me put a cap in Stone's ass, then maybe I should call Hank and tell him what Gabby told me!" Shaylynn tells Severide with an ornery look on her face.
"You wouldn't?!" Severide says to her.
Shaylynn makes her eyebrows go up and down.
Severide starts laughing at her.
"Just leave her and him be! I'm sure Hank wanted to put quite a few caps in my ass when he found out about us and especially after he found out you were pregnant with Leslie" Severide reminds her.
"But, I'm older, been married and already had a child when I met you. Sam hasn't done any of that. I swear if Stone gets her pregnant, he will learn the meeting of a SHOTGUN wedding" Shaylynn tells Severide.
"Let's go over here and sit down while we wait for Sam" Severide tells her leading her over to Squads table, "A few days ago you told me you wanted to talk about something. With what happened with Sam, we never had our talk" he tells her.
"When I had my session with Dr. Charles along with Dr. Choi, I was told what Dr. Choi has done to help himself with his PTSD other than sessions. Dr. Choi told me he adopted a bird with PTSD. I told Dr. Charles about the K9 department I started within the Organization, he said I should get more involved with it until I told him that wasn't possible because they are in upstate New York. He then said I should be able to find something around Chicago to get involved with. Do you have any ideas?" she asks Severide.
"I do know of something. A friend and his wife run a foundation called, Bickell Foundation. They raise awareness for dogs labeled as "Pit Bulls" and work with them to assist abused children" Severide tells her as he pulls his phone out of his pocket.
He looks for something on his phone, then hands it to Shaylynn......

"That's Hazel, a real sweetie!" he tells her, "I'm sure they would be more than happy to have you help them out

"That's Hazel, a real sweetie!" he tells her, "I'm sure they would be more than happy to have you help them out."
"I'll look into it" she tells Severide.

Shaylynn looks behind Severide and sees Jay Halstead has walked into the stalls. He walks up to where they're sitting.
"Hi, Jay!" Shaylynn says.
"Hey, Shaylynn! Kelly, can I talk to you?" Halstead asks Severide.
Shaylynn stands up, "I'll head inside and sharpen my knives for when Stone gets her" she says with a smile.
Halstead gets a worried look on his face, "Shaylynn!" Severide says to her.
"KIDDING! Or am I...." she says to Severide with a big smile.
She walks away and heads inside.
"What do you need, Jay?" Severide asks him.
Halstead sits down, "I did something and I'm really not sure who to tell. So I figured you would be the best person to start with."
Severide gives Halstead a look, "What did you do, Jay?" Severide asks.
Halstead takes a piece of paper out of his coat pocket and hands it to Severide. He opens it and stares.
"What am I suppose to be reading?" Severide asks Halstead as he skims the paper.
"Read the bottom" Halstead tells him.
Severide reads the bottom of the paper, then looks at Halstead with a surprised look.
"Jay, how?" Severide asks.
"I did it after Shaylynn came back and was in the hospital" Halstead tells Severide.
"This means...." Severide starts saying.
"This means Shaylynn and Erin are half sisters along with Sam" Halstead says to Severide.
Severide starts shaking his head, "How are you going to tell Erin?" he asks.
"I'm not sure. How are you going to tell Shaylynn?" Halstead asks Severide.
Severide gets a surprised look on his face, "ME? You're the one who did this, you're going to be the one who tells Shaylynn!"
"But, she's your wife!" Halstead says to him.
"So! You had the test done and now it's up to you to tell Shaylynn, Erin, Sam, and Hank!" Severide tells him.
Halstead hangs his head, "What did I get myself into?!" he says to Severide.
"I think you should tell Erin first and see if she even wants the others to know" Severide tells him.
"Don't you think the others have a right to know? I mean, how did you feel when you weren't told about having a half sister?" Halstead asks Severide.
"Good point!" Severide says back to Halstead as he looks outside.
"Are you on guard duty?" Halstead asks.
"I'm hoping Stone drops Sam off before Shaylynn comes back out. If she's out here, he's going to receive one hell of an ass chewing!" Severide tells Halstead.
Just then a SUV pulls up.
"Well, I'm out of here!" Halstead tells Severide as he stands up.
Severide hands back the piece of paper to Halstead, "Are you sure you don't want to stick around for the show?"
"UM, let me think...NO!" Halstead says as he starts walking toward the door.
"Oh hey, Jay!" Severide yells at him.
Halstead turns around, "Welcome to the family!" Severide says to him with a smile.
"Ha! Ha!" Halstead says as he walks out of the stalls.