Chapter 22 "Nice View"

At the traffic control center, Halstead and Lindsay are in shock when they view the footage from the traffic cams on Maxwell and Morgan. They get a copy and head back to the District.
Hank and the rest of the Intelligence Unit didn't find a thing where the guy said he found Shaylynn's car, so they head back to the District.

When Hank and the rest arrive, Lindsay and Halstead are already there.
"Were you two able to find anything on the footage?" Hank asks them.
Halstead looks at Lindsay, she looks back at him.
Hank knows those looks, "What is it?" he asks them.
"We had the footage copied and brought it back for you to watch" Lindsay tells Hank.
She turns on her computer, inserts a flash drive, clicks on the icon for the drive and it starts playing.
It starts out with footage from the Maxwell cam.....Shaylynn walking up to the car, her talking to the driver, then the black van pulling up behind her. It then switches over to the Morgan cam.....The guy jumping out of the van, putting something up by Shaylynn's neck, her starting to fall, the guy catching her and putting her in the van. Then the van speeding off. There's no license plate, but the footage then zooms in onto a symbol on the van's bumper. Lindsay stops the footage.
Lindsay looks up at Hank, "Do you recognize that symbol?"
Hank gets a pissed off look on his face. He doesn't say anything, storms over and down the stairs.
"That's not good!" Halstead says.
"Is there anymore to the footage?" Alvin asks Lindsay.
"Yes" she tells him and starts playing the rest.
The rest of the footage catches the car that Shaylynn walked up to leaving, but no license plate.
"Figures! Who ever that is, was in on this!" Alvin tells Lindsay.

Hank arrives at the State Attorney's office.
He walks past Antonio, "Yeah, Hank! Hank! What's wrong?" Antonio quickly says to Hank.
Hank storms into Jefferies office, "THAT SON OF A BITCH HAS MY DAUGHTER ALL BECAUSE YOU CAME TO HER ASKING FOR HELP!"
Jefferies stands up, "Hank, what are you talking about?"
"THAT TRAFFICKING BOSS KIDNAPPED SHAYLYNN!" Hank angrily expresses to Jefferies.
Antonio, Kot, and Stone walk into Jefferies office as Hank tells him about Shaylynn.
They all get surprised expressions on their faces.
"THIS IS ON YOUR HEAD, JEFFERIES!" Hank yells at him, "YOU BETTER GIVE ME EVERYTHING YOU HAVE ON THIS GUY!"
"Hank, we can help!" Jefferies tells him.
"YOU'VE DONE ENOUGH! GIVE ME ALL THE INFORMATION YOU HAVE ON THIS GUY! THEN MY PEOPLE, BUTCH AND THE OTHER GUYS WILL TAKE IT FROM THERE!" Hank tells Jefferies.
"Hank, you know I can't give you any information we have on this boss!" Jefferies expresses to Hank.
Kot backs out of Jefferies office.
"YOU CAME TO HER! I NEED THAT INFORMATION TO HELP FIND HER!" Hank yells again.
"Hank, I can't give it to you!" Jefferies tells him again.
Hank starts walking toward Jefferies until Antonio steps in front of him.
"Hank, let's go!" Antonio tells him.
Hank keeps pushing against Antonio, "HANK! LET'S GO!"
He looks at Antonio, then looks back at Jefferies, "THIS ISN'T OVER!"
Hank turns around and starts walking out of Jefferies office with Antonio behind him. As he walks out, he looks over at Stone and gives him a cold stare.
Antonio escorts Hank out of the building and follows him to his car.
"Hank, you know I'll do whatever I can to help find Shaylynn!" Antonio tells him.
Hank looks at Antonio, "Thanks, Antonio! I need to get over to the Firehouse and tell Kelly what's going on."
Antonio gives Hank a surprised look, "He doesn't know yet?"
"He knows something's going on, but he doesn't know this! I came straight here after seeing the traffic cam footage" Hank tells him as he gets in his car.
Antonio gets out of Hanks way as he backs up and drives off.
Hank is about 2 blocks from the State Attorney's office when he sees Kot flagging him down.
He stops, Kot gets in, and Hank drives off around the block.
Kot takes a flash drive out of his coat pocket and hands it to Hank.
"What's this?" Hank asks him.
"That's all the information the State Attorney's office has on the trafficking boss. It's only for your and her guy's eyes!" Kot tells Hank.
"I understand!" Hank tells Kot pulling up beside Kot's car.
"Thanks!" Hank tells Kot before he gets out.
Kot opens the door, gets out, bends down and looks in at Hank, "Good luck!" he tells Hank and shuts the door.
Hank pulls away while Kot gets into his car and heads back to the State Attorney's office.
While driving to the Firehouse, Hank goes over and over in his head how he's going to tell Severide what happened to Shaylynn.

Pulling up in front of the Firehouse, this is the first time Hank is lost for words.
He gets out of his car and walks to the side door so he can head straight to Boden's office.
Hank enters the office. Connie sees him and the expression on his face.
She gets up and goes over to Boden's door opening it, "Chief, Hank's here. Something's wrong" she tells him.
Hank walks up behind her, she moves to the side to let Hank walk into Boden's office.
"Thanks, Connie!" Boden tells her as she walks out closing the door behind her.
Boden sees the look on Hank's face, "Hank, what is it?" Boden asks.
"Is Kelly here?" Hank asks Boden.
Boden can see Connie walk out of the office, "Yes, I'm betting Connie is going to get him right now" he says, "Hank, do you want to sit down?" Boden asks him.
Hank shakes his head "no".

Connie goes to the Common area to get Severide, but he's not out there. She then heads to the his Officer's Quarter. She looks in his window and sees he's laying on his bed. 

Connie knocks on his door, opens it up and tells Severide Boden wants to see him in his office

Boden sees Severide walk into the office and up to his door, he waves him in.
Severide sees Hank standing in Boden's office. When he opens the door, Hank looks at him with a not so good look on his face.
Severide walks in and shuts the door, "Hank, where's Shaylynn?" he asks.
Hank doesn't say anything.
"Hank! Where's Shaylynn?" Severide asks him again more aggressively.
Hank looks right into Severide's face, "She's been kidnapped!"
Severide's heart stops! He goes white as a ghost.
"Kelly, sit down before you fall over!" Boden tells him, but Severide keeps standing.
"It's that Trafficking boss isn't it?" Severide asks Hank.
Hank nods his head "yes".
Severide heads toward the door.
"Kelly, where you going?" Boden asks him.
"I'm going out there and look for her!" Severide tells him.
"What are you going to do, Kelly? Search every building in Chicago?" Hank asks him.
"If I have too!" Severide tells him.
"We'll find her!" Hank reassures him, "You need to be careful and keep your eyes open! This guy is likely to do anything!" Hank tells Severide, then looks at Boden, "That goes for ALL of you! This asshole could very well use EVERYONE Shaylynn cares about against her, to get her to do what he wants. I need to be going and fill Butch in on what's going on. I'll call Lindsay and have her fax over a picture of the symbol this guy seems to have on his vehicles. Keep your eyes open for it on ANYTHING!"
"We will!" Boden tells Hank.
Hank starts walking toward the door. He stops, puts his hand on Severide's shoulder, "I'm going to find her!"

Shaylynn looks at the boss on the phone, "Why are you being such a coward and letting your cronies do everything for you?"
The Boss smiles, then he's gone. All she can see is the background.
A door behind the guy that's holding the phone opens up, out walks the Boss. He starts walking straight toward Shaylynn.
He walks up, stands in front of her and looks down, "This is a nice view!" he says to the other guy looking down Shaylynn's shirt.
Shaylynn realizes what he's talking about and tries to lunge from the chair at the boss.
He laughs at her, "She's a feisty one!" he tells the other guy.
"What are you going to do? Sell me off?" she asks him in a pissed off tone.
He puts his hand under her chin, lifts her head up so she's looking at him, "Oh no, Baby! You're going to be MY BITCH! I bet you fuck like a animal in bed!" he then bends down and kisses her.
Shaylynn pulls her head away quickly out of disgust.
The Boss starts laughing, "Oh, Baby! You're going to be so much fun to break!"