Great Day

Julian had gone to bed, and Linda and Paul were about to head to bed themselves. As they were getting ready, Paul came up to Linda and looked at her shyly.

"Will you please, please forgive me?" Paul asked her.

Linda looked at him.

"Linda I'm terribly sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you. I just got caught up in the moment and everything's been a mess since....well- you know and I don't know what to do and-"

Linda kissed him.

Paul looked at her, surprised and smiled.

"Thank you." Paul said happily and hugged her.

"C'mon sweetie." Paul said as he began to take her to bed.

Paul tucked her in bed and got in right next to her. Linda looked at him and smiled.

"Everything's gonna get better. It'll all be alright; I promise." Linda told him.

Paul gave her a slow kiss.

"Thank God that John found you and sent you my way." Paul smiled.

"Can we see George tomorrow?" Paul asked.

"We'll see. Y'know your 17...there's this thing called school..." Linda began to say.

"I don't need any of that. I'll- We'll be famous one day and we won't need any of that." Paul said.

"Uh...alright." Linda giggled.

"It would've been a lot easier to get famous with John still here. I mean we could've gone with his whole 'Beatles' idea and I bet ya that we would've been famous all over Liverpool, and then maybe all of England." Paul smiled.

"Was he that good?" Linda asked, not knowing too much about John.

"Oh he was lovely. He would always play an Elvis or Buddy Holly song for me and then he'd occasionally surprise me with one he had written." Paul explained. "But I've got all of his songs now and they're just amazing." Paul said, showing Linda John's book.

Linda looked through it a little.

"Wow." Linda said, amazed at some of the songs.

"This one...this one's just beautiful." Linda pointed at one song titled "Imagine."

"Yea. I read that one a lot." Paul blushed.

"Do you know how it goes?" Linda asked him.

Paul shook his head, "I've tried to figure it out but everything I've tried doesn't seem to fit it."

"I wanna hear." Linda urged him.

Paul agreed to it and cleared his throat.

"Imagine there's no heaven,"

"Slower." Linda ordered him.

Paul looked at her a little confused.

"It's easy if you try..." Paul sang a bit slower.

"Do it more at this pace." Linda said as she clapped her hands at a slow beat.

"No hell below us, Above us only sky..."

Linda smiled happily.

"Imagine all the people, Living for today." Paul sang.

Paul smiled at Linda.

"How'd you..." Paul began to ask.

Linda shrugged her shoulders and pulled Paul close to her.

"Goodnight, Paul." Linda said as she kissed him on the cheek.