Misery

It was Wednesday but school was closed due to snow. George and Liz slept in for a while.

"God it's freezing." Liz muttered.

"Come 'ere, Love." George said as he pulled Liz's back to his chest and wrapped his leg around hers. Liz pushed herself as close as she could to George.

"How'd you sleep, Liz?" George said with a yawn.

"Fine." Liz said not really paying attention and playing with her new necklace.

"George, how'd you even afford this necklace?" Liz asked.

"Well I had been saving up for a new guitar for a few years but I thought this would be much nicer than a guitar." He explained.

"Aw, you didn't have to spend your money on me." Liz said.

"I owe you. I've been a bit rude lately. Like yelling at you for stuff you didn't mean to do and all that." George said as he put his chin into the crook of Liz's neck.

"Oh George, it's not your fault." Liz said.

"Oh Liz, but it is!"

"No it's not Georgie, so just shut that mouth up before I have to do it for you." Liz giggled.

"If rather have you close it for me." George chuckled.

Liz turned over and kissed George.

"How's that?" Liz asked.

"Eh..." George said.

"God, George," She giggled. "Like you could do any better."

"Are you challenging me, Miss Lizzy?" George asked as he raised his eyebrow.

"I suppose I am." Liz said raising her eyebrow to mock George.

George grabbed Liz by the waist, got closer to her, began to slide his hand up her shirt, and bit her lip gently. Liz giggled at George trying to out do her. He let go of her lip and instead of kissing her on the lips, went down to the too of her chest and kissed his way up to her neck, then around her face, and finally made his way to Liz's lips again. He kissed her on the lips and his tongue crept towards her mouth and begged to enter. Liz finally opened her mouth and George did out do her. The two finally stopped to get a gasp of air.

"Alright, Georgie, you may have one that time..." Liz laughed.

"Oh I certainly one." George said looking at Liz's necklace.

The two eventually got dressed for the day and George said he was going to the store to get Liz a "surprise" for later. Liz waved and George headed out in the cold snow. She closed the door and got settled on the couch under a blanket and watched the tellie. She had finally gotten comfortable when a knock came on the door. She wrapped herself in the blanket and opened the door.

"Paul, please, you really don't want to come in." Liz begged desperately.

"Oh c'mon Lizzy. I won't be able to make it another day without seeing you." Paul pleaded.

"Paul, please."

Paul got down on one knee, "Lizzy, I'm begging you. My brother and dad are driving me nuts and you're my only sanity right now."

Before Liz could react Paul grabbed her cold hand and kissed it. "Please, Love, I'm freezing out here."

Liz felt bad that Paul had walked all this way in the cold so she reluctantly let Paul in.

"Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!" Paul said as he gave Liz a little too long of a hug.

"Alright, alright just stop with that." Liz said getting Paul off.

Liz offered Paul some food and told him that she would be on the couch. Paul nodded and thanked her again. Liz began to doze off on the couch after a while. Paul grabbed another blanket for her and laid it over her to make sure she was warm enough.

"I love you, Lizzy." Paul whispered to Lizzy as he gave her a kiss on the cheek. Liz moved a little in her sleep at this touch but went back to sleep. Paul was freezing and the only blanket he knew of was the one that Lizzy had. He decided to crawl behind Lizzy on the big couch and share the blanket with her. After a while Paul began to doze off and Liz woke up at the feel of someone behind her.

"Paul!" She nearly screamed.

"I'm sorry Liz! I was freezing and this was the only blanket I saw so..." Paul trailed off.

"It's fine, Paul but you should really get going now. George'll be home anytime now." Liz warned.

"Alright. Just one last favor please?" Paul begged.

"What?" Liz whined.

"Liz...your lips are so lovely..." Paul said as he got closer to Liz.

"Paul." Liz warned again.

"Liz, you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. I can't stand being without you. You're all I ever think about; I can't get you out of my head." Paul said getting even closer.

Liz tried to move but she was in so much shock that she felt like her feet were glued to the ground. Paul stepped one more time to her and picked up her necklace.

"How lovely..." He said playing with it. "Almost as lovely as you." Liz felt extremely uneasy hearing the similarity between what Paul had said and what George had said that was nearly identical to it. Paul looked at Liz right into her eyes.
"So," Paul said kissing her cheek, "beautiful." He said kissing the other.

Paul couldn't resist and he grabbed her two cheeks and kissed her. Liz forgot about George as soon as Paul's lips met with hers. Liz grabbed Paul's face and the two continued to kiss willingly.

They kissed and held each other. "Oh.... Liz...." Paul muttered in between gasps for air as they made out.

He made his way up the steps when he looked through the window and saw the two, again. George dropped the bags of stuff he had bought. Candles, chocolate, and other stuff fell out that George had bought that he was going to use for Lizzy's "surprise." Paul ran outside and left Lizzy in so that he could stop George. But George ran and ran until he was nearly lost. Paul couldn't keep up and slowly walked back to the house. George sat on the side of a building and cried and cried. George didn't know what to do. Liz clearly wasn't avoiding Paul this time. The necklace, it didn't seem to mean anything to her. All of the supplies he had just bought to make a romantic dinner for the two of them, wasted. George searched through his pockets and finally found it; he found what could temporarily end his misery. He found his old pocket knife and opened it. He cut and cut into his skin that had been clean for weeks. All of his time not cutting, down the drain.

"FUCK YOU GEORGE!" He screamed to himself. He banged his bloody hand on the brick wall. "YOU PEICE OF SHIT!" George didn't know what to do.

After a while, he decided to head back to his house. He left a trail of blood in the snow as he walked. He went down the side of his house first where he found it. The gun. Liz must've tossed it outside. The gun was loaded and functioning. He took it and pointed it at himself. Liz saw the sight out the window.

"GEORGE!" She screamed as loud as she possibly could.

Her yell wasn't enough this time. She heard the sound of the gun being shot. She fell to the ground as if she was the one being shot. Her whole body was shaking and she bawled her eyes out.

"NO! NO! NO!" She yelled and yelled alone in the house.

Liz finally got to her senses and opened the door. She ran to where she saw George with the gun. But when she got to the spot, George was standing up. Breathing. Lizzy had a mixture of fear and confusion in her eyes. She stared at George who was staring at the brick wall in front of him. Liz looked down.
There he was.
The one who was shot.
He had saved George's life.