She Said She Said

The doctors had confirmed that there was one last surgery that could be effective.

Liz convinced George to do it, explaining to him that he had nothing to lose. George accepted it and the doctors asked Paul and Liz to leave.

"Never forget that I love, love, love you, George. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me; I can't thank you enough." Liz told him before living.

"If you can't thank me, then I'll never come close to thanking you for everything you've done for me. I love you, my lovely, beautiful girl." George told her.

George gave Liz a kiss on the lips and reluctantly let her go out of the room. Paul gave George another kiss on the cheek.

"You're a brave man, George. You'll do fine." Paul winked and left.

Paul walked Lizzy out and took her home. He carefully led her up the stairs and had her take her shirt and pants off. He got a cold towel from the bathroom and brought it to her. They stood in front of a full length mirror, Liz's thin stomach showing. Her ribs were clearly visible and Paul always hated that. He didn't think anyone should have to look that thin, whether they could control it or not. Paul gently put the towel on the mark on her back that Pete had left. Liz winced.

"Sorry."

Paul put his arms around her bare waist. His warm hands comforted Liz's cold and shivering body. Paul rocked her side to side. He hummed a song in her ear. Liz watched how gentle Paul was with her in the mirror. His hair slicked back, his thin eyebrows and his lovely eyes, they all made him look even sweeter than he was already. Paul kissed her cheek and resumed trying to clear up her wounds. Liz's thigh had turned nearly black.

"Sweetie..." Paul sighed. "How'd he even get your thigh if you were in a car?"

"He made me get down on all fours and he smacked me with his belt." Liz whimpered.

"Liz. I feel terrible; this wouldn't have happened-"

"Stop blaming yourself." Liz begged him.

"But-"

"Stop." Liz shook her head.

Paul nodded and kissed her. He put his hands on her nearly bare hips and kissed her. They slowly kissed and Liz wrapped her arms around his waist.

Linda silently opened the door and closed it nearly immediately when she saw them. Neither of them heard her and Linda ran to her room. Julian was already asleep and Linda buried herself in the sheets of her bed. She cried, thinking Paul was cheating on her with Liz. Hours passed and Paul hadn't left Liz's room.

Finally at 11 o'clock, Paul came into his room where Linda was.

"Hi, Love." Paul smiled. "Linda?"

"I thought you said you and Liz weren't in a relationship?" Linda cried.

Paul hurried to the bed and laid down next to Linda.

"What are you talking about?" He asked.

"I saw you and Liz kissing...and she was nearly naked." Linda cried.

"Linda, it's not like-" Paul began to say.

Linda turned away from Paul.

"Linda, if I was in a relationship with Liz, why didn't I get her a ring?" Paul asked.

Linda played with the golden ring as Paul talked.

"Please, Linda." Paul pleaded. "Nothing's happening, I'm all yours."

Linda turned back over to Paul. Paul licked his finger and wiped off Linda's smeared make up.

"How's George?" Linda asked.

"Can we not talk about that tonight, Love. Anything but that..."

"Sorry, Paul."

"You didn't know." Paul comforted her and pulled her close.

Paul pulled Linda on top of him and gave her a quick kiss. Linda kissed him back and she fell asleep.

Paul hummed himself to sleep. Julian began to cry and Paul went to go bring him in bed with him and Linda.

"Hey Jules." Paul whispered as he laid the toddler on his chest.

Like always, Julian quickly stopped crying when Paul was near him. Julian quickly fell asleep and Paul tried to fall back asleep with the baby on him. Realizing he couldn't, Paul tried to move Julian off but was too nervous that he would disturb Linda.

Paul managed to get one hour of sleep but had a nightmare for that amount of time. Paul was crying when he woke up.

"Paul, what's wrong?" Linda whispered.

"Nothing, just a nightmare. You go back to sleep, Love." Paul told her.

Linda rolled over and cuddled into Paul's side. Julian tumbled in between the two, hitting Paul's chin.

"Ow." Paul muttered.

Linda giggled and Julian remained fast asleep.

Paul yawned and got up to put Julian back in his crib. He climbed back in bed and pulled Linda to him. He hummed and Linda gave him a kiss and soon fell asleep on his chest. Paul soon followed her and fell asleep.

In the morning, Liz had gotten everyone breakfast but herself.

"Lizzy, do you want some of my breakfast?" Paul offered.

Liz shook her head and left the room. Linda, Paul and Julian all ate. Paul finished quickly and Linda helped feed Julian.

Paul went into the other room and checked on Liz.

"We'll visit him tomorrow, Sweetie." Paul told her.

Liz didn't respond.

"Lizzy, you'll see him tomorrow; okay?" Paul told her again.

Paul put his hand on her lap and she picked his hand up. Paul tried to stop her trembling hands. Paul took his other hand and put it under Liz's chin and made her look in his direction. He smiled and gave her a kiss. Linda saw them again and started worrying.

"Daddy!" Julian shouted from Linda's arms.

"Linda-" Paul began to say.

Liz immediately got up and went to her room as she continued to mutter "I'm sorry."

"Paul I don't think I can do this anymore." Linda said.

"What?"

"I always see you and Liz together and it feels like your cheating on me. If you wanna be with Liz, than do it but you can't have two girls, Paul." Linda told him.

"Honey..."

"Just stop calling me that until you figure out who you're gonna choose." Linda said, upset and took Julian upstairs with her.

Choose?

He was supposed to choose who he wanted to be with?

But he didn't even like Liz like that.

Did he?

All these thoughts repeated themselves in his mind when Paul heard a thud from upstairs.

"You alright?" Paul called out.

"That wasn't me." Linda shouted back. "Or Julian for that matter."

"Liz?!" Paul screamed.

"Liz?!" He called again.

He ran up the stairs and opened the door to her room.

"Linda, get a bloody ambulance!" Paul cried.