What You're Doing

"I have no one..." John realized, still crying.

"You have me." George said and kissed John on the cheek.

John looked into George's eyes for that joking look, but he never found it. John gave George the most meaningful hug he could possibly give. He wrapped his arms tight around George and couldn't seem to let go. George hugged him back.

"Shhh..." George tried to comfort him.

"I love you." John whispered.

"Love you too, Johnny." George said in return.

"I can't believe he's gone...I mean he was just with me, a couple hours ago..." John said in disbelief.

"I know...y-you can move back in with me." George said not fully realizing what he had just offered.

"Really?!" John asked eagerly.

"Mhmm. I mean, you've been through a lot lately and I didn't think you'd want to go back to Mimi's so..." George mumbled.

"Oh George I could kiss you right now!" John squealed.

George looked away awkwardly.

"Sorry..." John muttered and just gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"It's fine." George said. "I'm just not y'know...queer."

"I know...I'm sorry." John apologized again. "But can I?"

"What?" George asked.

"Please, can I just kiss you once so I can get that urge out of my head?" John asked.

George's cheeks became red. "Uh... I mean, if it'd help you. I suppose you could, but I don't really see-"

John cut him off and kissed him. George wanted to get away from John now but he couldn't because John was holding his hands.

George finally managed to get John to stop.

"Thanks." John blushed.

George nodded his head and looked away.

"God, I'm such an idiot." John said, suddenly upset.

"Why?" George asked.

"Cuz I just effing kissed you and you didn't want to and I probably just ruined everything and you probably don't want me to stay at your place now and-"

George gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"It-it's alright." He muttered.

The two got John's stuff together and moved it back to George's. They received a call there from one of Stu's relatives saying that they would be greatly welcomed if George, John, Paul, and Lizzy all came to the funeral in 4 days. They said they would and they asked John to speak about Stu. John hesitantly accepted the role of speaking about his dear mate.

"Did I just agree to that?" John asked after hanging up.

"Mhmm." George nodded.

"Shit."

"Why? Don't you wanna speak about him? It'd mean a lot y'know." George encouraged him.

"I do. It's just, I'm probably gonna lose it like I did at Julia's." John said, annoyed.

"Oh..."

"Do you wanna go buy a nice outfit for the funeral?" George asked.

John nodded.

"Ok, we will tomorrow." George said on a happier note.

The two ate dinner and went to bed.