Miss Lizzy

"C'mon Georgie, it's your first day of being a sophomore!" He heard his mom call out to him as he slowly got out of bed. "It's only 6am." George moaned. He went to get dressed when he stopped in front of the mirror. He didn't have a shirt on and he stared at his bony chest and stomach. He cocked his head and looked at himself disapprovingly. George hated the way he looked. He hated the fact that he was so skinny but no matter what he did, he couldn't seem to get any bigger. He grabbed his leather pants and leather jacket and put them on his skinny body. He looked in the mirror again, this time at his hair. He styled it up and chuckled when he remembered the time that his buddy, Paul, had said his hair looked like a 'fucking turban.'

He headed downstairs and had some cereal, grabbed his bag, his guitar, and headed out the door. "Have a good day, Sweetheart!" George blushed in embarrassment as his mother called out to him. He walked by himself to school. Not a lot of people ever talked to him. One of his few friends was Paul McCartney. He never understood why Paul wanted to hang out with him. George always saw himself as a bit of a loner and he always felt a bit out of place. He always felt a bit out of place except when he was with guitar. He loved it. He took his guitar with him wherever he went. He realized he was gonna be late his first day so he began to jog a bit. He barely made it to first class and sat down as soon as the bell rang. The teacher gave him a disgusted look and began to write on the board. He looked around to see if there were any familiar faces. He didn't recognize anybody and got his notebook out and started doodling. He drew a bunch of guitars and other random things.

The bell rang and everyone headed out of the class. A guy bumped into George's shoulder causing George to drop his notebook. It opened to the page George had been doodling on.

"What the hell? Why do you have fucking hearts on your notebook, you queer?" The awful guy who knocked into him asked as he saw the doodles. George was often bullied but when the guy called him a queer George thought he was going to lose it. George's fists clenched and the guy looked at George and laughed. "Is the little boy getting angry?" The boy teased.

"Just fuck off, will ya?" George mumbled.

"What was that?" The boy laughed.

"I said fuck off." George said a little louder.

"Did ya hear that?" The boy asked the group that had surrounded them. "The little boy told me to fuck off." He said as he bursted out laughing.

"Please. Just stop." George said looking up at his bully.

"What are you talking about? I didn't do anything." He said innocently.

George attempted to punch the boy but he ducked.

"You call that a punch?"

"Let me show you how a real man punches." The guy said as his fist clenched up and landed right next to George's eye.

"LEAVE! ME! ALONE!" George said as he began to cry.

"Aw little baby is crying." He teased.

"Leave him be, you bastard." A familiar voice said. Paul came up to the guy who had bullied George.

"Well if it isn't Paul McCharmly?" The guy said batting his eyes sarcastically.

"Are you here to save your little boyfriend?"

"He's not my fucking boyfriend. Now fuck off."

"Alright alright." He said starting to walk away.

Paul helped up George who was crying on the ground.

"Are you alright, Mate?"

"Yea," George said in between sniffs, "I just need to be by myself."

Paul could see George's eyes starting to swell up already but he knew George wouldn't let him help so he gave his friend a pat on the back and headed off. George went outside to a little willow tree. He crawled inside the little cave the tree had formed and began to cry. He got a blade out and rolled his sleeves up. He traced his finger over the previous scars and carefully inspected them. He took the blade and made a little slit on a patch of skin. He cursed to himself when he realized he cut a little too deep. He let the blood drip down a little before he began to cry more. He heard footsteps but couldn't stop crying.

A small hand pushed away some leaves that were forming George's barrier.

"Are you alright." A girl George's age asked.

Before George could respond the girl realized how miserable George looked and immediately crawled next to him.

"Oh my God! Are you alright?" She asked panicked seeing the blood.

George quickly rolled his sleeve down and tried to prevent the girl from seeing it.

The girl grabbed his arm and pulled the sleeve back up.

"Oh Sweetie, please don't do this." She begged.

"I would if I could," George began to say. "But it feels so good to cut. You wouldn't understand."

The girl began to massage George's arm which surprisingly made the cut hurt less.

"I think I do understand." She said.

"No, no you can't." George said still crying.

"But look..." She said as she rolled her sleeve up.

"I used to cut too." She said revealing a bunch of scars.

George looked at her sweet face trying to comprehend how a girl like her could possibly cut her beautiful skin.

"I used to cut because my mum died 3 years ago. I couldn't get over it and this helped relieve the pain."

"I'm...I'm so sorry." George said.

"It's alright..."

"Why are you cutting, Love?" She asked.

George looked at her and realized how beautiful she was.

"I...I get bullied a lot and I just don't seem to fit in anywhere and cutting relieves all my stress."

"Well, maybe we can change that."

"We?"

"Mhmm." I want to help you stop cutting the girl said.

"Thanks, but I doubt you'll be able to."

"I'm sure we can!" The girl said hopefully grabbing George's hands.

"You can try, but I just don't see how we'll be able to do it. It'll be near impossi-"

George was cut off by the girl's lips meeting his.

George blushed.

"What was that for?" He asked.

"Sorry, it's just I don't want you to say its impossible....

And...you're pretty cute." She said giggling.

"Thanks, Love." George said.

"No problem."

"What's your name, Sweetie?" George asked.

"My name's Liz."

"I'm George."

"Nice to meet you, George." Liz said smiling.

"Nice to meet you too." George said.

She giggled and George offered his hand to help her up. She grabbed his hand and he stood her up on her feet. She almost tripped in the muddy grass and caught herself by grabbing onto George's waist. George lost his balance and they both fell in the mud. Liz was on top of George and they just laughed.

Liz held onto George and George kissed her forehead.

"Silly girl." George giggled with his gorgeous accent.