I Will

They all got back to Liz's and Paul got them some food while Liz cleaned up George in the bathroom.

"Did they punch you a lot?" Liz asked as she wiped dry blood from his forehead.

"Kinda..." George muttered.

"John wanted to be alone today so I decided to go to the pier and look at guitars and I left the store and they were right there outside. And then they beat me up to get my jacket. And then they joked about everything."

"George, I'm so sorry. You'll be okay though. That's all that matters." Liz encouraged him.

George nodded half heartedly.

Liz had been gingerly cleaning out a cut on George's face when he winced at it.

"Sorry." She apologized.

"Where'd the cut on your forehead come from?" Liz asked.

"I-I was cutting and I hit my head with the hand that had the blade in it and...yea...." George explained.

"You cut?" Liz asked sadly.

George nodded.

"Oh, George." She whined as she gently touched the cut where the stitches has been.

George held on to her wrist and stared into the eyes that he missed dearly.

He kissed her and looked at her again.

"Lizzy, I still love you." George said.

"I...I love you too. But-"

"I know you're with Paul. And he's great so you're a lucky bird." George said sadly.

She finished cleaning him up and they went downstairs. Paul had prepared a meal and they were all eating for a while. George occasionally glanced at Liz and Liz did the same.

"Lizzy? Can I talk to you for a second?" Paul asked.

Liz nodded and they left George alone in the dining room.

"You still love him, don't you?" Paul asked.

Liz looked at Paul, distressed.

"You do, don't you?" Paul asked again.

Liz nodded slowly. "But I love you too."

"It's fine Liz. I understand completely. I just want you to be happy." He smiled and put his hand on her cheek.

"But I still love you; I couldn't leave you." Liz said.

"Then I'll make it easier, I'll leave you, so that you and George can be together." Paul said.

"Paul..." Liz begged.

Paul had tears in his eyes but he insisted, "Lizzy, listen to me. I know you two love each other. So I'm going to...I'm going...I'm going to b-break up with you so that you can be happy."

"Paul!" She shouted.

"Here I got you something." Paul said as he reached into his pocket.

He presented Liz with a necklace. A necklace that had the pearl he had gotten her on it. Next to the pearl, there was a heart. On the heart it said, "I'll love you forever. Love, Paul."

"Oh Paul. It's beautiful!" She said and hugged him.

"Just something to remind you of me." He blushed.

He gave her one last kiss.

"And remember, if things don't work out; I'll always be there." Paul said sincerely and went to his room.

Liz ran into the room where George was waiting and kissed him.

"What was that?" He asked surprised.

"Don't girlfriend's kiss their boyfriend?" She asked, smiling.

"But, you're with Paul." George said confused.

"I was with Paul. He wanted me to be happy and thought that I'd be happier with you." Liz said.

George kissed her again.

"God bless, Paul." George muttered before kissing Liz again.

"I've missed you so much, Liz." George said hugging her.

"I missed you too, Love." Liz whispered in his ear.

"Please don't leave." George begged.

"I won't." She said hugging him more.

"You're still wearing the necklace I gave you?" He asked happily.

She nodded. "Mhmm. I love it so much." She said and kissed him again.

"Got a new necklace, did ya?" George asked lifting up the one Paul had just given her.

She nodded, "Paul just gave it to me."

"Oh...that's nice." He said.

"Yea..."

Paul came down the stairs.

"I'm gonna find John." He said worried.

"It's nearly midnight." George said.

"Well last time he went out he was freezing cold so I'm at least gonna get him a blanket." Paul said.

"Stay safe, Paul." Liz warned.

He nodded and left.