Something

Lizzy was lying on the ground, and Paul's anti-depression pill box was next to her.

"Lizzy!" Paul cried and tried to wake her up. "Baby, stay with me. Lizzy!"

Ambulances arrived to the too familiar house and took Liz to the hospital. Paul and Linda had Lucy's friend come over to watch Julian and they headed over to the hospital. Linda hadn't seen Paul so scared in his life. His hands shook on the driving wheel. They got to the lobby.

"Back again?" The lady at the desk called out to them.

Paul ignored the remark and asked another woman if Lizzy had a room yet. She said 'no' and that Liz was in the emergency room.

Paul ran to the bathroom and locked himself in a stall.

It was his fault...again.

If Paul had let Liz get rid of the pills when she offered to, this wouldn't have happened. Paul hadn't let Liz save herself.

Paul searched frantically for something to cut himself with. No luck. Not a blade to be found.

Paul left the bathroom when someone else went into the other stall.

He went to find Linda. He found her sitting on the bench in the waiting room.

"Paul." Linda stood up.

Paul ran into her arms and nearly fell to the ground. Linda could feel his whole body shaking on hers.

Linda managed to sit Paul back down on her lap and they waited.

And waited.

And waited.

"Mr. McCartney?" A male voice asked.

Paul looked up at the doctor.

"I'm so sorry; but your friend, Lizzy, has passed away due to an overdose." He announced.

Paul fell to his knees on the floor.

"No... This isn't happening. This isn't happening! You son of a bitch, your lying to me!" Paul screamed. "You let her die! You bastard!"

Linda went to his side.

"Paul." She murmured in a relaxed voice.

"Fuck off, Linda!" Paul shouted.

Paul put his head on his knees and cried.

"She's gone! Lizzy, come back!" Paul bawled.

After an hour of crying and yelling, Paul realized something else.

Who was going to tell George?

Paul was allowed to check on George in less than an hour.

Linda took Paul to George's room when it was time. They walked in and George looked great.

"Hey Paul! Hey Linda." George said happily. "The surgery went great! I'll be back at home in a month or two." George explained.

"Uh...where's my Lizzy?" George asked.

Paul shook his head.

"I'm sorry. It's all my fault! George, I'm sorry!" Paul cried.

"What are you talking about?" George asked as the smile left his face.

"George, Lizzy's dead." Linda told him.

"What?" George asked in disbelief. "She can't be dead... How?"

"Overdose." Linda said.

"But she wasn't even taking medication." George began to cry.

"I was! I was taking damn anti-depression pills and Liz took them and I came into the room and she was on the floor and I'm fucking sorry!" Paul cried.

"But..." George began to say. "I was gonna tell her something today. And she was gonna see me. And we were gonna get back to how everything was before this happened. It was gonna be perfect...like a fairy tale. I even wrote her a song- Something; and I was planning on singing it to her when I gave her the ring I bought her."

"George, I'm so sorry." Linda said and kissed his forehead.

"I'm sorry." Paul mouthed. "I'm sorry."

"Can you two um...give me a moment?" George asked.

Linda walked Paul out and George was alone. He looked up at the ceiling and closed his eyes.

"I hope you can hear me, Sweetie. That way you can still hear the song I wrote for you." George began to say. "I hope you like it."

George cleared his throat and began to sing.

"Something in the way she moves

Attracts me like no other lover

Something in the way she woos me

I don't want to leave her now

You know I believe and how

Somewhere in her smile she knows

That I don't need no other lover

Something in her style that shows me

Don't want to leave her now

You know I believe and how

You're asking me will my love grow

I don't know, I don't know

You stick around now it may show

I don't know, I don't know

Something in the way she knows

And all I have to do is think of her

Something in the things she shows me

Don't want to leave her now

You know I believe and how"

George let tears roll down his face.

"Goodnight, Miss Lizzy. I love you." George whispered and blew a kiss towards the sky.