No Reply

George heard the scream, but it didn't matter anymore. The knife pierced his skin. Before it could go any deeper, Lizzy ran to him and knocked the blade out of his hand. George fell to the ground. The wound didn't appear to be fatal, but it was deep enough that he need to be taken to the hospital.

"George!" Lizzy began to cry.

She ran to the phone and called for ambulances.

While they waited, Lizzy took off her shirt and placed it on George's wound to try to stop the bleeding. She did the best that she could with her shaking fingers to hold it down on his chest.

The ambulance finally arrived. They got George into the ambulance and laid him down on the gurney. Liz was standing next to him and watched the paramedics help George. They got to the hospital where they told Liz to wait in the waiting room while they took George to the E.R. Liz was still shaken by the vision of George stabbing himself. The image played over and over in her head.

"Why did he do this?" Liz asked herself again and again.

She couldn't think of any idea why. Then she tried to remember what John did with her. All she remembered was being taken to the bar and waking up at John's house where she ordered him to take her to George's. She had absolutely no idea as to what happen in between those two occurrences. She tormented herself in the waiting room trying to answer her own question. She was interrupted by her thinking,

"Is there a Lizzy here?" A lady asked holding a clipboard.

"Yes." Lizzy said standing up.

"Please follow me, Dear. I'll be taking you to see George."

Liz was frightened by what she might see. She wouldn't want to see George in pain, but she wanted to make sure that he would recover.

The lady opened a door to one of the rooms and gestured for Liz to come in. Liz walked in nervously and the door closed behind her.

"Lizzy?" A familiar voice asked her in a weak tone.

"George?"

Liz made her way past a curtain to find her lover tucked in bed. Liz's hands covered her mouth. George was hooked up to IVs and other strange machines.

Liz hurried over to George and gave him a kiss.

"Will you be alight, Love?"

"As alright as I can be."

"Wh-what do you mean?" Liz asked fearfully.

"I'll recover fine, Liz. It's just that I don't have you anymore." George said weakly.

"What are talking about?"

"I saw you Liz. You don't have to pretend it never happen." George said about to cry.

"George, what on earth are you talking about?!"

"Lizzy! I saw you with John! I saw you kissing him and putting your hands through his hair! I even heard you went over to Pete's and "entertained" John and Pete!" George yelled as tears fell from his eyes.

"George! I have no idea what you're talk-" Liz stopped herself. She realized what had happened. John must've gotten her drunk and he must've used her.

"George, I can explain-" Liz began to say.

"You can save your breath Lizzy! You like John now! Of course! I can't believe I was so stupid to think that someone else actually cared about me! I'm such a fucking idiot!" George screamed.

"George! I love you! John means nothing to me!" Lizzy pleaded.

"Then why the hell were you kissing him?" George managed to say, crying. "Just admit it, Lizzy, you love him, not me!"

"But I don't George! I love you more than anyone else! I don't know what I'd do without you!" Liz began to cry.

"Just shut up, Lizzy!"

Lizzy stayed silent. George had never said anything like that to her before. She laid a card on the table next to George and left.

George managed to get the card and open it. He read it and regretted everything he had just said to Lizzy.

"Lizzy..." He muttered desperately.