Got My Mind Set On You

Prudence woke up to find she had wrapped herself around George's waist and chest. George was awake already.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Prudence blushed and immediately let go of George.

"Perfectly fine, Love." George smiled and brought her in again.

The timid girl felt comfortable in George's arms.

Someone knocked on the door.

"May I come in?" Paul's voice called out from outside the door.

"Sure." George responded.

Paul came in with Julian walking next to him.

"Julian wanted to show you two something he learned how to say." Paul said as he lifted Julian up on the bed.

"What did you learn, Sweetie?" Prudence asked shyly.

"Who's that?"'Paul asked, pointing at Prudence.

"Prudence!" Julian laughed.

"Yay! Good job, Jules." Paul said proudly and kissed the boy.

"That's so sweet of you." Prudence smiled at Julian.

"Well, I'll leave you two to whatever it was you were doing." Paul smiled and closed the door behind him and Julian.

"He's adorable." Prudence smiled.

"Who? Paul or Jules?" George looked at her.

"Both." Prudence blushed.

George hugged her tight and kissed her forehead. He couldn't believe how quickly he had fallen in love with Prudence. She was a year younger than him but lovelier than ever. Liz had to have had a hand in having George find Prudence. She was very shy and nervous but George could understand why. Her family had ignored her and she seemed invisible to everyone but him. She had long, blonde hair and subtle facial features. Her lips were pale and she didn't wear any make up; but George didn't think she needed any anyways.

The sun was still rising and the birds were chirping near the windowsill. George began to kiss Prudence but she didn't really kiss back.

"Sorry, did you not want me to kiss you yet?" George asked embarrassed.

"No, it's not that; I've just never kissed anyone before." She admitted.

"Oh. Well I'm glad I get to be the first to show you how." George chuckled and told her how to kiss.

"Ready?" George asked with a laugh.

She nodded, cheeks rosy.

George began to kiss her and slowly she began to return the favor. After a few minutes, George stopped and looked at her.

"You're a natural." George smiled as his lip curled up like it usually did.

Prudence let out a smile and giggled.

"You should smile more often, it makes you more beautiful ." George told her.

"Would you like some breakfast?" He asked.

She nodded. "Yes please."

"C'mon." He said and they got out of bed.

Prudence wrapped her arms around George's arm and somewhat hid behind him.

"No need to be shy, Love. No ones gonna hurt you here." He promised.

She moved away slightly but still held on tightly to his arm.

Her cast made a loud noise on the stairs.

"Sorry." She apologized.

"It's not your fault, Sweetie." George assured her.

They got down the stairs and went to the kitchen. Paul and Linda were making out near the sink and Julian was playing at the table.

"Ahem." George cleared his throat to get the couple's attention.

"Sorry, Mate." Paul smirked.

Linda's hand slowly went down Paul's chest. Paul gave her a quick kiss and took her to the table.

"What do you want, Honey?" George asked her.

"I'll just have cereal." She smiled shyly.

"That all?" George asked.

She nodded.

"Alright." George poured her the milk and the cereal.

"Here ya are." George smiled. "You can go sit wherever you like."

She went to the seat next to Paul.

"Hey Love." He winked and continued eating.

George came over with a massive amount of pancakes.

"Did ya get enough?" Paul asked George jokingly.

"I don't know..." George said inspecting his plate.

The two laughed.

"So Prudence, when do you have to go home?" Paul asked.

"Um..."

"This is her new home." George interrupted her. "We're her new family."

Prudence looked at him, shocked.

"If that's what you want." George told her.

She nodded happily and pecked his lips for a quick kiss. George kissed her forehead and they continued breakfast.