I'm Down

"Here." Linda said as she placed pens in Paul's hands.

"What's this for?" Paul asked.

"Instead of blades." She explained. "Rather than cut yourself, I want you to write down why you wanted to cut on your wrist. Then, I can see why your down and I'll explain to you why your wrong."

"How do y-"

"I know you're wrong already because you're always to hard on yourself. Whenever your depressed, it's about something that was not your fault." Linda said.

"Oh and let me write something on your wrist right now." She said and grabbed a pen and his wrist.

She drew a flower on each wrist.

"Don't ruin the flowers, Love." She warned.

Paul immediately kissed her.

"God bless ya." He said in between kisses.

Paul wrapped his arms around her waist and realized Linda felt extremely thin and bony.

"Linda, have you been eating alright?" He asked.

"What?" She asked, confused by the strange question.

"You're dreadfully thin." He announced.

"No I'm not." She lied, knowing she had lost an unhealthy amount of weight.

Paul took her over to the mirror and he carefully lifted her shirt up a little.

"Your ribs are showing." He said concerned.

"Don't worry about it." She said.

"Honey, are you starving yourself?" He asked.

"No." She responded quickly.

"You are to." He replied back.

"No, I'm not." She lied.

"Linda..."

"Fine!" She shrieked and lied on the bed.

"Why?" He asked.

"Cause... I was jealous of Prudence. I thought you liked her more than me and I figured it might've been cause she was thinner than me. And prettier." She said and hid under the covers.

"You're perfect." He whispered in her ear and hugged her tight.

"Oh shut up." She said annoyed.

"But you are."

"No I'm not! I'm so fucking screwed up...I'm nowhere near perfect." She screeched.

"Have I told you you have the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen?" Paul asked her.

She blushed and Paul kissed her and stared at her gorgeous eyes.

Linda's cheeks soon returned to the pale shade they were and she looked depressed again.

"Why haven't you been as happy and upbeat as you used to be?" He asked.

"Cause I'm scared." She replied.

"Everything's gonna be alri-"

"Paul." Linda interrupted. "I have cancer."

Whatever coloring there was in Paul's face was completely wiped away.