아파 // sick; yugyeom

yugyeom as boyfriend

..........................................................................................................................................................

Sunlight streams into your room, making you groan as it pierces your eyelids, turning the world a bright orange-red. Open your eyes slowly, realising your head is still pounding. Your stomach feels like a roller- coaster in your body and your head spins as you get up and rush to the toilet where you hurl. Wiping your mouth, you clean up as best you can before heading to bed where your headache upgrades to a migraine and the room starts spinning so much, you can barely tell what is the floor and what is the ceiling anymore.

Only a few minutes of you lying on your bed pass, when you realise your freezing cold, even shivering. You check the air cond temperature and its only 24 degrees. Still feeling cold, you turn off the air conditioning and switch to using your fan. Worried, you check your temperature which is a whopping 37 degrees Celcius.

Giving up, you decide to sleep, hoping that your body will be able to recover naturally so that you don't need to visit the doctor. As you're about to fall asleep, something keeps nagging at the back of your mind, something important but your fuzzy brain can't seem to function properly. Frustrated, you check your day planner and your eyes nearly bulge out when you realise you have a date tonight with your boyfriend Yugyeom tonight. Sighing, you know you have to cancel, and proceed to text him apologetically.

You: Gyeomsss

Hit The Stage: Yes jagi?

You: I'm really sorry but I'm going to have to cancel tonight.

Hit The Stage: Why? What's wrong?

You: I'm just not feeling well, I think it's better if I just stay at home and rest tonight. I'm having stomach cramps, migraine and a really high fever.

As soon as you type the last message, you throw your phone on your bedside table, muting it, so that no one would bother you. You sleep fitfully for about an hour when doorbell starts ringing. Ignoring it, you didn't care if the world was about to end, you blocked out the noise with a pillow, hoping and praying for the visitor to go away, to leave you to rest. Finally, it stopped and you sigh in relief.

Just as your about to fall back into unconsciousness, you hear your bedroom door being opened. Without even looking, you throw a pillow in that direction, assuming it's your brother Jackson coming in to disturb you.

'Yah, leave me alone, I'm trying to rest,' you mumble, in a voice thick with sleep.

'That's a nice way to treat your boyfriend who came all the way to see you,' a familiar voice teased.

You unwrap yourself from your cocoon and peek out. Sure enough, it's your boyfriend standing at your doorway, grinning at you, his white toothy smile a small glimmer of hope.

'You shouldn't be here,' you mumble, your words obscured by all the pillows. 'You might catch whatever I'm having,'

'I don't care,' he said shrugging, moving to sit next to you. 'You didn't reply any of my texts, I was worried out of my mind Y/N-ah' he pouted, making you laugh a little.

'I'm sorry, I muted my phone, I didn't realise you messaged me,' you apologise profusely.

'It's okay,' he says cutting you off, his eyes full of concern

'Jagi, this room is boiling how in the world are you still cold?' he asks as he puts a hand to your forehead. 'You're burning up,' he said, chewing his lip worriedly. 'Do you need anything? Aspirin?' he asks worriedly.

'It's okay, I took some already,' you lie, not wanting to trouble your boyfriend.

'Then? Do you need to go see the doctor?' he asks.

You shiver at the mere mention of the word 'doctor'. 'Ugh no thanks,' you reject immediately. 'You know how much I hate doctors, all the needles and questions,'

He laughs at your childishness, shaking his head. 'You're going to have to overcome that fear one day,' he chuckles. 'What if you're seriously ill?'

'I'll think about that when the time comes,' you say rolling your eyes, which makes you wince, your head is still pounding.

'Are you really sure you're okay?' he asks.

'Yeah I think I just need rest,' you say, making yourself comfortable.

'Well, I'll leave you alone then,' he says, getting ready to leave.

'No no no,' you plead. 'Stay please?' you ask softly, your desperate need and vulnerability evident.

Smiling softly, he sits down again and holds your hand, stroking it gently. 'Anything for you,' he says, kissing your forehead.

'Don't you dare go anywhere,' you mumble, darkness already taking you.

'Never,' he swore, while keeping you company as the darkness enveloped you with its inky arms, where you went gratefully.

(Inspiration credits: THIS WAS WHEN I WAS SO SICK FML, I WISH YUGYEOM REALLY TOOK CARE OF ME LIKE THIS)