sacrifice; jackson

jackson as best friend
..................................................................
Took you long enough,' the bright-eyed male youth grinned over his cup of- you eyed the cup playfully, yup your suspicions were confirmed- organic green tea.

'I'm sorry to keep you waiting Mr Worldwide Artist Wang Jackson,' you poked fun at him, as you plopped into your straight-backed wooden chair, sighing in relief.

'You're forgiven Miss (Y/N),' Jackson laughed, amusment dancing in his eyes as he regarded his best friend of over 10 years.

'I'm honored you still remember me,' you smirked, arching an eyebrow. 'Hasn't fame gotten into that little blonde head of yours?' you ruffled his hair, as he swatted your hand away.

'You're the busy one,' he stuck out his tongue, in pure childishness and suddenly it brought you back to the time where both of you were 15 years old in high school and constantly bickering and arguing, both of you raising your voices so much that your other classmates had to come up and act as mediators.

You had hated him back then, oh God he was so annoying but his irritatingly persistent quality became endearing and grew on you, in time. And so, a friendship with a solid foundation of teasing, pranks, and everything else in between was established and it was one of the few things that you had carried into your adult life, despite university assignments haunting you every other night and with Jackson travelling across the entire globe for overseas schedules and most recently, his 'Eyes On You' World Tour.

'Well, I'm not busy now,' you spread your arms to indicate your sudden liberation from studies. 'So why did you call me? Not that I miss your annoying self of course,' you clarified as he quirked an eyebrow, the trace of a smile playing on his lips.

'Pffft, don't miss me my ass,' he retorted. 'I bet you cried every other night while I was on tour,' he leaned back in his chair, smiling confidently.

'Yeah sure,' you rolled your eyes, letting him off the hook for once, although technically he wasn't wrong.

'Anyway, since I'm back and me being the generous person that I am, have decided to invite you to our finale concert right here in Seoul,' you grinned, rubbing his hands together, excitedly.

'Hmmm,' you tapped your bottom lip, in an attempt to think. 'I'll have to look at my schedule, see if I'm free,' you were purposely pulling his leg.

'(Y/NNNNNN),' he whined, loud enough for the whole café to hear.

'Jeez,' you brought an index finger to his lips to silence his complaining before the whole café realised who he was. 'What happened to keeping a low profile? I was just joking, of course I'll come, I wouldn't miss the chance to print out an ugly picture of you to put as a banner or sign,' you laughed as he scowled. 'Besides you're too late Jackson, someone already invited me a couple of weeks ago and I said yes,' your eyes sprakled with excitement at the thought of being able to watch your favourite group perform.

'Who is this mystery person?' Jackson leaned forward suddenly curious.

'You'll find out on the concert day,' you teased in a sing-song voice, enjoying the feeling of keeping him in suspense.

'I hate you,' he grumbled as you laughed aloud.

'Of course you don't Jackson, you love me,' you admonished as both he and you stood up, recognising the late hour as he escorted you back to your car.

'I'll see you on Friday Jacks,' you grinned. 'And you'll get to meet Mr Mystery too,' you chuckled as he scowled before he softened slightly into a smile, waving you off.