soccer ; yugyeom

Requested by : ExistentialZebra

(I'm sorry if the description of the actual soccer sucked I'm a very non sport person I'd much rather read the whole day but I hope the fluff at the end makes up for it a little!)

(On another note: I've just played a small small role in a project created by paboghost and it would be great if y'all go and check it out cause I believe that it plays a pretty big role of why I want to be a writer and give you guys more content) 

yugyeom as boyfriend

................................................................................................................................................................

'You're going to be fine,' your boyfriend soothed as he walked with you hand in hand to the soccer field which was, thankfully, empty probably due to the late hour.

'I just need to,' you bit your lip nervously at the thought of your major match next week. 'Let off some steam and practise or else I'm going to explode,' you said testily as you tossed your bag on the bench provided and pulled on your soccer shoes, tying your long (H/C) into a sleek ponytail.

'Whatever makes you happy,' he smiled, shrugging. 'But,' he touched the tip of your nose with his index finger 'I'm not going to go easy on you just because you're my girlfriend (Y/N),'

'It's on Yugs,' you swatted his hand away, a smile playing on your lips.

As you stretched a bit, letting your muscles become warm and limber, you took a deep breath trying to calm your nerves. Eventhough this was just a simple practise; your palms were still sweaty at the thought of next week.

Taking your place at the front of the goal, you pulled on your gloves waiting for Yugyeom to get ready.

'You ready?' he asked raising an eyebrow.

'Just play Yugyeom,' you said with a smirk.

Narrowing his eyes at your challenge, Yugyeom pulled back his leg and shot a fierce kick towards the goal without any form of warning to the left. Stretching out, your hands wide open, you tried to catch the ball but it slipped right through your fingertips.

'Dammit,' you muttered under your breath as you watched the ball sail right past your finger tips and into the goal.

Throwing the ball back to him you shouted: 'Again,'

This time his eyes flicked to the right, grabbing your attention for a split second, which gave him enough time to kick it to the right, and by the time you had focused on it it flew past you for the second time.

By now, your nerves were starting to get the better of you. 'Another round,' you said tossing the ball back to him.

Clenching his jaw, this time he ran up to you, in an attempt to intimidate you and move around you before scoring another goal.

It seemed like everything that could go wrong did. Your game was totally off and you kept on missing goal after goal after goal. After about the 25th round, Yugyeom shot a kick to the side of the goal and you could feel your legs leave the ground as you leapt to the side for the ball. Even after diving, the ball still managed to evade you as the turf scraped at your knees.

'Are you sure you don't need to take a break?' Yugyeom asked his brow furrowed in worry as he approached you, ball tucked under his arm.

'No,' you grit your teeth. 'Another round,' you insisted.

'(Y/N),' he said softly. 'You're injured,' he pointed out bending down to look at your knees, which were true enough were raw and bleeding, probably due to your dive earlier. You probably dodn't feel it, due to the adrenaline which was coursing through your body and the anger at yourself that was clouding your vision.

'I'm fine,' you muttered looking away. 'I can barely feel it, just keep playing,' you insisted.

'(Y/N),' your boyfriend said sternly, standing up to face you. 'Look at me,' he said. Sighing at your stubbornness, he gently turned your chin to look at him.

Placing his hands on your shoulders he looked at you right in the eye: 'You don't have to be too hard on yourself, I know how much you want to win the match next week but you can't go on hurting yourself like this. You even forgot to wear your kneepads, silly,' he grinned kissing you on the forehead.

'I keep messing up,' you graoned, your mind frazzled and worried at the thought of all the mistakes you made. What if they happened again next week? 'How am I even going to play?'

'Hey, no negative thoughts, just look at me,' he said cupping your face in his hands. 'You'll be fine, I know you will. You're just nervous or else you would kick my ass about a hundered times by now,' he admitted.

'Well, nice of you to acknowledge,' you grinned, your spirits lifted slightly.

'Besides, if you don't win it, no more cuddles for you at home,' he teased wrapping you in a back hug.

'That's SO not fair, Yugs,' you complained, laughing as he kissed you on your neck.

'That's the beautiful smile I love,' he grinned kissing you on the cheek.

'Awww come on none on the lips?" you pouted.

'I'll give you one if you beat me in the next few rounds,' he persuaded dangling your reward in front of you.

'You better prepare for a lot of make-out sessions,' you winked before escaping his grasp and running back to the gaol, spirits lifted and energy at its max.

'(Y/N),' he called, not running after you.

'What?" you hollered from the goal.

'At least let me bandage up those knees first,' he laughed at your excitement.

Blushing, you allowed him to bandage your knees up with the small first aid kit which he had some sense to bring.

'There,' he said kissing you again as he packed up. 'Now you can kick my ass,' he said.

'You know it,' you grinned as both of you ran back to the field.