kismet ; mark

Requested by: Amaya_mc24

...........................................................................................................................................................

Okay, running into someone was humiliating enough, running into someone whom you liked was even worse but running into an idol that you were probably hopelessly in love with was like a nightmare.

It all started when you were debating between having an actual hot meal or just popping by the nearest convenience store for a ramen. You were highly motivated by the Mount Everest like stack of books on your desk to go for an actual meal, maybe some proper food would clear your head and get you in the mood for some last-minute revision.

Besides, you had eaten ramen for the past 2 days and honestly even you were beginning to get a little sick of it.

A hot meal it is then you decided, very gladly leaving your stack of books and grabbing some stuff before leaving the library.

You were probably too distracted with all the mathematical formuals which were still buzzing around your brain, or it was more likely because you were too busy searching up with your phone where to get the best seafood stew in the closest possible distance. Either way you ran straight smack into a someone, your head barely reaching his chest. It was almost like hitting a living breathing wall, you nearly fell backwards, if not for the particular someone whose hand flashed out immediately preventing you from falling.

'Sorry,' you muttered brushing your hair out of your eyes looking up to see who you had run into you. As soon as you laid eyes on him your heart went from 'calm jog' to 'a million mile sprint' in a matter of seconds. Even masked, hoodie up and trying his best to blend in with the crowd you could still identify him a mile away.

'Are you alright?" his voice, muffled through the mask and he looked mildly concerned, probably because you were staring at him open-mouthed like someone who was mentally deficient.

'I-um-Well- I,' you suddenly lost all form of normal communication, your usually decent articulation skills reduced to mush.

He must have gotten that reaction a lot because you could see the laugh lines around his eyes crinkle as he watched you. 'I'm guessing you know who I am?' he chuckled, taking off his mask.

'Yeah, you're um-M-Mark,' you stuttered, unable to even say his name properly. It was actually a small wonder that you hadn't collapsed into a pile of jelly at the sight of him.

'That's me,' he sighed and at the sound of his voice, your throat suddenly became as dry as the Sahara Desert. 'Are you okay? I didn't mean to run into you like that,' he asked politely.

'I-I'm fine, I wasn't looking where I was going and I sort of bumped into you, sorry,' you mumbled to yourself, trying desperately to hide behind your curtain of hair. You were probably blushing madly, you wouldn't be surprised if steam was pouring out of your ears. You were torn between wanting to disappear or wanting to just stand here forever.

'I guess both of us weren't looking,' he chuckled and realised that he was still holding onto your wrist. 'Oh right,' he let go but you could still feel the faint pressure of his hand on yours.

'I-um- better get going it's kind of late and I haven't eaten,' you babbled, wanting to smack yourself in the head.

'At this hour?" he brow crinkled adorably as he looked at his watch. 'It's 12 in the morning,'

'I was studying,' you mumbled, gesturing to the library behind you.

'Well,' he pursed his lips slightly as if thinking. 'At least let me accompany you,'