Growing Old Together

Credit to: Malikzapper

Zayn: You and your husband Zayn were taking care of your grandchildren, when the oldest who was 8 ran towards Zayn. “Grandpa how come you have writing on your arms?” he asks sitting on Zayn’s lap. “They’re called tattoos,” he says messing up your grandson’ hair. “How come you have so many? What do they mean?” “Well…they are important to me,” Zayn says looking at you. Soon Zayn was explaining all his tattoos to your grandchildren. He had gotten a tattoo of your wedding day on his arm and he got quiet when got to that one. “What is that one for,” your granddaughter asked. “That’s the day I married the love of my life, and 30 years later love her even more.” “Can you tell us the story, please,” all 3 kids say in unison. “It all started 30 years ago when i met your grandmother,” he began explaining when he first met you.

Liam: “When did they say they would get here?” Liam asked as he impatiently waited for you granddaughter to arrive. “They’ll get here soon, don’t worry you’ll be the first to hold the baby,” you say with a smile. Seeing him this nervous reminded you of when you had your first born child all over again, but this time it was for your first great-granddaughter. “What if I drop her.” “I think you’ll do fine, you carried all our children, grandchildren, and now our first great-grandchild,” you say reassuring him. “I’m just so happy to share all this moments with you. 52 years of being married have been the best I wouldn’t change any for the world,” Liam says kissing your forehead. Suddenly your door opens and in walk you granddaughter with her baby and husband behind her. Soon after all the family is together to welcome the newest member to the family.

Louis: “Remember when we first found out we were pregnant, you wouldn’t stop crying saying we weren’t ready,” Louis saying rubbing your hand with his thumb. You just nod in agreement since you have trouble talking because you feel a lump in your throat. “And when we found out we were having twins you cried again with happiness because we got two for the price of one.” It killed Louis to see you lay in bed, he missed having you chase your grandchildren, but after the fall you suffered everything changed for the worse. Your grey hair and crinkles on your face showing your weren’t young anymore. “You know I’ll always be by your side, through the good and the bad, in sickness and in health,” he says while whipping the tears before you did. “You’re the best husband, father and grandfather, a family could’ve asked for you know,” you say before taking his hand in yours.

Harry: “We really miss you,” he says trying to hold back the tears. “I can’t believe it’s been 2 years since you left us. I still have our wedding ring, because it reminds me of you even though you’re gone,” he says playing with his wedding ring. “I know the kids don’t visit you often, but they’re always thinking about you. Our grandchildren see a picture of you and ask who you are, and I’ll tell them the story of how we meet. Its funny that they always ask when they see the picture of us making the goofy faces at the carnival,” he laughs to himself. “I just wish you were still with us,” he says trying so hard not to cry. Before getting up he places the flowers on your grave and cleans the tears that escaped his eyes. “I’ll see you soon my love, together till the end remember,” he says while walking back to his car leaving your grave site behind him.

Niall: Your youngest daughter was graduating from college and you were picking out a dress to wear. “Honey, can you come into the room?” “Coming,” Niall yells from the hall.” “I don’t know which dress to wear,” you say laying out 3 dresses. “Which ever you like, you know you look perfect in anything,” he says walking over to you. “You say that just cause you’re my husband.” “Since day one I told you how much i love you, and I’ll keep saying it for the rest of my life,” he says hugging you. After getting ready you headed to your daughter graduation, and as she walked the stage you couldn’t help but let a few tears slip out. “They all grew up so fast, it feels like just yesterday they were all running around the house fighting for the toys.” you say holding your husband’s hand.