Chapter 56- Trust Issues

Thea groans loudly, clutching her arm, trying to stop the flow of red.

"What the hell, Colin? If you wanted help you should've just asked. How am I supposed to trust you if you do things like this," Felicity says as she bends down to Thea's side and glimpses over her shoulder toward her brother.

"Well I thought you did trust me," Colin spits.

"I did," Felicity mumbles regretfully.

She can see a look of terror melting onto Colin's face. His eyebrows become sunken yet his facial features harden.

"Okay but I do have work and so does Thea so if we don't show up tomorrow morning after not missing a single day in our years of employment, someone will know something is wrong, so, get on with it already," Felicity says quickly.

"Well, if you would be so kind to help, I need you to track down this guy for me. He owes me money... a lot of money. Remember our business..... in college... Ripper. Help me find Ripper," Colin speaks in fragments, trying, but failing, to sound convincing.

"Colin, I don't want to get dragged back in with this guy." Felicity pauses, careful to whisper so Thea won't hear, "I don't like who I was with him. I don't want to go down that route again. It was hard enough to get off it, you know how easily I can get off track around him."

When Felicity whirls around, Thea has a knowing look on her face.

Felicity's facial expression gives her away, and Thea immediately has suspicions about what Felicity was like before she knew her. She knew that Colin was talking about drugs or something of the equivalent, which worried Thea, to say the least.

Felicity gives Thea a look of misery as she walks past her.

She sits down at a computer Colin escorts her to in another room which Thea can just barely see and hear through.

Felicity types unwillingly,  not wanting to know anything else about Ripper. After just a few seconds, his photo and general information pops up on the screen. Felicity clearly winces and touches her eyebrow in discomfort.

She looks at her brother sadly and continues typing. "At least let Thea go, Colin. You don't need her anymore and you got your way with me already so just drop it now, would you?!"

Colin nods and waves to the man in the room with Thea, who leads her outside as she dials Oliver's number.

Felicity's fingertips ache as she types, trying to find information about this man whom she absolutely despises.

"There, happy?" She says quietly, leaning back in her chair to allow Colin to take a good look at the address and information about his foe.

"Not until I find him. Go pack a bag, we will be gone for a while."

"No, Colin, that wasn't the deal."

"Yeah, because you never even asked what the deal was. So now I'm telling you the deal and you'll accept it."

Felicity sighs and leaves the building cautiously, looking over her shoulder to try and make sure nobody is following her.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Felicity opens the door to the mansion as if it were her own home. She calls out for Oliver and Thea, and they both come running down the stairs.

"Felicity, you're alright," Oliver breathes a sigh of relief as he hugs her.

"You didn't go to the hospital?" Felicity asks Thea.

"No, I didn't want them asking questions or having to deal with the police. Care to tell us about this new found brother of yours?" Thea criticizes.

Felicity studies both of their faces carefully before speaking. "I'm sorry I never told you. I just never had a good life when he was around and somehow whenever people know about him he always finds a way to come into their life. I didn't want him in any of our lives, and I thought he finally moved on from that. I know thats a pretty dumb excuse, not that any excuse wouldn't be dumb, but–"

"Okay, Felicity. But what about this Ripper?" Oliver asks quickly, cutting her off by curiosity.

She looks down at her hands before speaking, hoping to catch a break with this one. But nobody says anything, so she speaks slowly. "We used to date in college. I was part of a hacking group, which he was part of. Im so not proud of what we did and how we lived, and I would like to just forget about it?"

"Okay, but you have to tell us. Were you using when you were with him? It sure seemed like it... I heard what you told Colin, Felicity. We won't judge you." Thea says.

She studies Oliver's face for disapproval before she answers, but he doesn't allow his face to be read. So she continues, "a little–"

"oh my go–" Oliver says

Felicity cuts him off, "Hey what happened to no judging?"

"Bullshit, Felicity! Finish your story now. What was it? Were you speeding or?"

"Fine, whatever yeah alright?! Is that really what you wanted to hear? Cause I can't take what happened back." Felicity quietly mummers something inaudible under her breath, which increases Oliver's anger.

"But you're worried about it happening again? You're worried your past addiction will interfere?"

"You know what, I can't talk about this, I have to pack. Colin says I need to come with him because he still needs my help." Felicity turns quickly out the door, feeling defensive of her brother and hurt that Oliver would be so upset over something that happened so long ago.

She counts down from 3 in her head, taking a deep breath as each number decreases to the next. Oliver notices her pauses and realizes what she's doing. He knows she must be under a huge amount of pressure or stress of some sort, since she only counts when she feels she needs to calm down.

He walks over to her, putting a heavy hand on her shoulder for acknowledgement. "Hey," he says softly, in his raspy tone that always seems to calm her down. "I don't care about it. It's not a big deal. It happened, and it's over. I'm here and I'm supporting you. I'll do whatever you need."

Felicity turns her head over her shoulder so she can look him in the eye. "I know, thanks." She smiles and leans into his grasp. "Colin's waiting. I shouldn't be too long. I'll call you." She takes a step toward Oliver to kiss him gently.

But the hair on Oliver's neck stands up as thoughts storm through his head that that was her goodbye kiss.

Finally I updated I know its been a while and excuses wont be justified so I'm sorry for leaving a lot of you who are active readers hanging. I promise to start updating on a regular basis. I'm thinking friday nights or monday nights not sure yet. What did you think of the chapter? Any comments?

Thanks for being so loyal to this story I know it's been long. I just don't want it to end but sadly it has to. Not sure when that's going to be though, hopefully not anytime soon lol.

Also, I know a lot of us are absolutely dying for Olicity scenes right now bc season 5 has given us like nothing so tune in to my next few chapters, olicity is sure to come soon ;)