Chapter 1

Felicity made her way down the stairs in the basement of Verdant, her gaze turned to the corner of the room- to Oliver.

"Hey," Felicity called out to Oliver, hoping that he could concentrate on her for a few seconds. "I thought you might be hungry, want to get a bite to eat? I heard theres a really good restaurant within walking distance" She exaggerated just a little, knowing that he liked fancy. Felicity's pulse quickened at the thought of him saying no. They had never been involved together romantically.

Oliver managed to pry his eyes from the punching bag. He nodded his head, not needing to say anything.

Relieved, Felicity inhaled deeply and sat in her comfy spinning chair as she watched Oliver throw a few more punches. He went over to the bathroom and just a few minutes later he came out all fancy looking.

"Its just a short walk," Felicity informed him again as she grabbed her coat and headed for the doors with her date.

The night was quiet, a few cars heading past every minute or so, but nothing compared to what it usually is.

"You like thai?" Oliver asked, hoping that the place they were headed to had some sort of thai food.

"Uh yeah," Felicity awkwardly laid her hands down her side. Usually on a date you would hold hands or something?
This was a bit new to her. How are you supposed to take a billionaire out for dinner?

Oliver knew that Felicity was overthinking. He could see it in her eyes. Even the way she walked awkwardly.

Trying to ease the tension, he slipped his arm over her shoulder. "Look at that star," He used his other hand to point towards the sky. "Isn't that the big dipper constellation?" He looked over at Felicity who was eagerly examining the sky.

"Yeah," She looked back down at Oliver, who was already looking at her. Maybe he does feel the same way? I mean, look at him. Felicity resisted the urge to reach around her back and take his arm off of her shoulder to take it in her hand.

We have gone out for lunch or whatever before, but never at a restaurant. Maybe this time will be different. Felicity's train of thought showed in her face. Oliver was a little hesitant at first, "Its just over there right? Sky dome restaurant?"

Felicity broke through to reality again, "Uhm," It took her a while to register, "Yeah." She turned her gaze back to meet Oliver's, and gave him a warm smile.

The lady at the front greeted them nicely, and led them to their table. It was in a quiet spot, off to the side. Just what Oliver had hoped for.

They took their seats, getting comfortable. It was fancier than they'd thought. The table was very nicely set up with water already there for them.

"I have a business dinner to go to tomorrow night, wanna come?" Oliver asked Felicity, pushing aside his water.

Felicity's eyes rose up to meet his. "Uhh me? I mean are you sure you don't wanna ask someon-"

"Felicity" Oliver cut her off, causing her face to redden.

"Okay, I will" Felicity said awkwardly knowing that this didn't mean anything to him. To her though, it felt like a step closer to what shes always wanted.

"Great" He said in a surprisingly excited voice. "Its at 7 tomorrow night, Ill be at your house by 6:30 to pick you up"

Sorry for the short chapter, the book will get better as it goes, itll just take a chapter or two
thank youuuu

update: Im writing chapter 32 right now, and I'm so pleased with the way that you guys are responding. PLEASE don't be turned off by the first few chapters as I assure you, it gets much better.

Im kind of disappointed that I cant really change this chapter to make it more interesting. Im writing chapter 39 or 40 now and Ive noticed that its a lot more detailed and a lot better than the first few chapters. Please please please don't be turned off by these chapters. A lot of people are commenting how good my most recent chapters are, so I assure you it gets a lot better.