Chapter 44-Free Falling

"Before each surgery we have to do a brief background check, its required and its very brief so we dont invade your privacy too much- don't worry." Alex paused to examine Felicity's face. Felicity had looked over at Oliver as if she was about to cry, she was obviously freaked out by this. She wondered for a split second wether she should even tell her yet, but she had to. It wouldn't be fair, she would want to know if it was her. "Uh, they pulled this from your neck," She dug through the front right pocket of her pants, pulling out a ziplock baggy- which looked like an evidence bag, and set it in Felicity's hand.

"It's a microchip," Felicity cut in weakly, before anyone else could talk.

Oliver looked down at it too, then moved his eyes up to Alex, who was already trying to examine his facial expression. He didn't move his head up, because he didn't want Felicity to know that he was even a little freaked out. He gave Alex the look and then looked back down at the microchip.

Felicity's bottom lip quivered as another cold, isolated tear slipped down it, falling onto the baggy she was holding.

She knew how this happened, she knew who did this.

Not being able to stand the silence, Alex spoke softly again, "I think I know who did this." She paused, hinting at the subject subtly, "It has a gps in it, along with a ton of high quality tech stuff. We're running a test on it soon, we'll try to figure it out sooner rather than later. But for now, you may go. You're free." Alex weakly smiled, feeling a bit guilty for her.

Felicity grasped onto the baggy tighter, setting it down onto the table and letting go of it as she jumped out of the bed. She sniffled a few times, draining her wet cheeks into her skin. A few more tears fell before Alex was able to speak again.

"I'll leave you two to pack up." Alex went over to the other side of Felicity, turning off the monitors and other medical equipment. Felicity held her hand out as Alex took her IV out, causing her to wince a little bit. Felicity always hated needles. Especially ones that didn't come out for days.

She sighed deeply, looking at Alex for a few seconds, straight in her eyes. Alex's gaze was strong, her eyes glistening with hope and sending happiness through Felicity. She threw her arms around her new profound friend, knocking her over a little bit. Alex laughed, squeaking a happy "oh" and squeezing her back tightly.

They all saluted each other, hugging and smiling. Alex walked out the door, looking back quickly, then walking away.

Felicity didn't bother looking at Oliver, she knew what he was thinking.  She rushed trying to pack her things, dropping her bag from the bed in frustration. A knock came from the door. Felicity glanced over quickly, assuming it would be Alex again. She had to look twice.. Quentin Lance stood in the doorway. Quickly wiping her tears away and sniffling so that she wouldn't have to again while he was here, she spoke quietly.

"Uhm, what're you doing here?" Felicity never made eye contact. She truly did feel ugly. No makeup, strained eyes and messy hair.  Not to mention the hideous hospital gown. At least this one didn't show her bare ass to everyone.

"Your uh friend told me you were here. He said possible tumour and that you were in surgery? Whats goin' on?" Lance lowered the flowers that he was holding, staying in the doorway.

Finally done packing her things, Felicity turned around to face him. She had smeared traces of wetness on her cheeks still from the tears she had just wiped away. Looking at Oliver as in lets go she grabbed her things and headed towards the door. "Oh, I don't know. Wasn't a tumour, I'm fine." She tried to stick with that, plain and simple.

"What was is then?" Lance asked politely, handing her the flowers as she edged near him.

"Uh, not sure," She played it off cool, 1. not wanting him to get the police involved in this any more than they were, and 2. It was an Arrow thing now. "Chip- Microchip." She said, embarrassment rushing through her body.

Oliver walked behind Felicity, snatching the microchip from the table, discreetly throwing it in his pocket.  

Thank god that Alex forgot it.

"We better get going," Oliver said, saving her.

"Thank you so much for coming, and the flowers!" Felicity wanted to sound happy and excited, although she was totally the opposite. She had to admit, she thought she was a pretty good actor. Well, maybe not.

"Mhm, and thank your pal for telling me." He said, a little bittersweet.

Next chapter is already 1/4 done because I decided to take some out of this chapter and put it in the next one which is also why this chapter is shorter :)