Chapter 18- Safe and Sound

Sirens blared through the city. The police closed off all entrances to the road. Busting the door open, at least a dozen armed police men ran through the building, checking each apartment room together.

Her father arose and stiffened as he heard banging and clunking of boots down the hallways.

"What is that.." He froze, but in a split second, untied Felicity, grabbing her by the hair, and dragging her into the kitchen. He closed the door behind him, sealing off the room with blood on the floor. He rushed her to the kitchen. "Act normal or so god help you."

A swarm of men came barging in, knocking a picture frame over, sending it tumbling to the floor and shattering the glass.

"Put your hands in the air!" One of the men snorted, and Felicity instantly shot her hands in the air, and so did her father- she hated how he acted so innocent.

Felicity mouthed the words 'help me' to the armed police men and that was enough to set them straight- that, and the fact that she was bleeding, had bruises everywhere and was teary eyed. Half of the men came over to her father, throwing him to the ground and placing hand cuffs on him. Felicity let out tears of happiness.

One police man came over to her, rubbing her shoulder and Felicity winced as the bruise began to throb. The man quickly pulled away, realizing it was hurting. Felicity looked up at the man, recognizing him. Captain Lance stood in front of her. He helped her out of the door while the others dealt with her father.

"Thanks," Felicity's voice was broken and raspy but she let out a big smile and captain Lances eyes were filled with worry, but he shot her a smile, attempting to cover up his emotions. He lead her outside, where an ambulance was waiting for her. She slowly climbed up on the stretcher, aware of her wounds, and was carried into the ambulance.

When she got to the hospital, Oliver was already there, waiting for her. Finally, she could see his smile without her mind drifting off into reality. Time seemed to slow down as she was zoomed through the halls, past Oliver and into the ER. He slowly followed her, making sure nobody would notice and try to tell him he wasnt allowed to go near those doors.

They transferred Felicity onto a surgery bed and placed a gas mask over her face, putting her into a heavy sleep. Flipping her body over, they began treating her infected stab wound and stitching up, cleaning and bandaging her legs, arms, face, everything.

She woke up to the sweet smell of cologne. Before even looking to her right, she knew it was Oliver.

He sat beside her hospital bed, holding her hand and staring into her bloodshot, blue eyes. Felicity let out a smile. For the first time in the longest time, she was genuinely happy. Oliver gave her hand a tight, reassuring squeeze and Felicity's heavy eyes finally felt at ease, and closed. She drifted off into a peaceful sleep. The best sleep she would ever have.

Oliver stared at her skin, and his blood boiled. He examined every single little cut or bruise, thinking of a way someone would actually have the capability to do that to their own daughter. Poor Felicity. Her own father. How is she going to ever trust anyone again? Oliver's phone rang and he picked it up. Thea's voice rang through his ears.

"Hey, hows Felicity?"

"Still not good, but better. Shes sleeping now. You should wait till tomorrow to come and see her. She probably hasn't gotten any sleep for a long time, Love you speedy."

"Wait, I heard about Felicity's mom. Does she know yet?"

"No, not yet. She doesn't need to worry about that yet. She needs rest." Oliver's voice was low and raspy as he tried to keep quiet.

"Ollie, she needs to know-"

"Yes, but not at this moment."

"Okay, yeah, your right. Love you."

Oliver pressed end the same time that Thea did. He sat with his elbows on his knees, still holding Felicity's hand in his, and thought about his future. Would he ever get married? Have kids, a family? Would he ever be normal?

The door creaked open quietly, and a nurse walked in.

"How is she?" Oliver was eager to hear her status but tried to keep his voice calm.

"Not good, but getting better. Who are you?"

"Im her-" Oliver paused. He never referred to himself as Felicity's boyfriend, but they obviously were something. He cocked his head and sat up straight, proud to be saying the words coming out of his mouth. "Im her boyfriend." The nurse smiled and continued with the information.

"She has a concussion. Nothing that time wont fix. However, her stab wound was severely infected. It hadn't been treated for too long, and honestly, a week longer, and her leg would have had to be amputated. Lucky that she got here before then. Her leg will heal soon though, no worries. Everything else is better. The bruises will honestly take at least 5 months to heal. Her lip will be fine, as well as her nose and eyes. We just have to wait for a while. She should be out of here in a few months, maybe even less, just after her leg is well enough." The nurse smiled and checked her blood pressure and breaths per minute and other important stuff. She wrote down a few things on her clipboard and walked out, closing the door as silently as she could.

Felicity looked so peaceful for the first time in forever. Oliver watched as her chest rose and sank with every breath. Her golden locks still tied back into that ponytail and she was in a hospital gown. He looked down at her hand, stroking her fingers and rubbing the tops of her fingernails. He sighed and sank down into in his chair, drifting into a soft sleep beside Felicity.

OMG HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN THE ARROW EPISODE.

SPOILER ALERT
RA's AL GUL STABS THEA OMG AND POOR ROY, HE CANT EVEN HAVE A NORMAL LIKE NOW. I CANT BELIEVE HE DID THAT FOR OLIVER OMG. AND POOR FELICITY. ITS OBVIOUS THAT SHE LOVES OLIVER MORE THAN RAY. IN ONE SCENE SHE ALMOST SAID "Your the man I love" BUT SHE STOPPED HERSELF AND SAID "YOUR THE MAN I BELIEVE IN" OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT BUT OMG I LOVE THIS SHOW.

OKAY HOW DO YOU GUYS LIKE MY FANFIC SO FAR? I CANT BELIVE I HAVE 999 VIEWS OMG MY STORIES BEEN UP FOR ONLY 18 DAYS. THATS NOT EVEN 3 WEEKS. THANK YOU SO MUCH. DONT BE AFRAID TO COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS OR ANYTHING. XO

THATS MY ART I DID FOR SCHOOL. SORRY FOR THE BIG WATERMARK I JUST DIDNT WANT ANYONE TO STEAL IT.