Chapter 19- Leaving

Oliver practically lived at the hospital. He had a cot set up beside Felicity's hospital bed. It had been almost a month since she got admitted into the hospital. Her black eye was now only a light purple. Her swollen lip was healed and her bruises were getting better. Her stab wound would take a while to heal still, but that wouldn't be a big deal, as long as it was bandaged.

Felicity's eyes fluttered open and Oliver squeezed her hand, reassuring her that he was there for her. His face sank, realizing what he had to tell her.

"What?" Felicity's voice was almost normal, still a little raspy, but it wasn't obvious. Her eyes were laced with concern as her gaze wandered down to Oliver's hand, his fingers were running back and forth along her wrist and down her fingers.

"I have to tell you something," Oliver couldn't even look her in the eyes. He broke his gaze and looked at the ground.

"Oliver.."

"Felicity its your mom," He squeezed her hand again and stroked the back of her hand gently, trying to prepare her for what he was about to say- but the truth is, nothing could prepare her. "Shes gone."

Felicity tried to hide behind the small hairs falling out of her ponytail, and looked the opposite way. Her eyes stung and she tried her best not to sob, but it just came out. Her breaths were uneven and her vision was blurred with tears. Now she had no one. No family she could count on. Nobody she could talk to about her problems- ones that Oliver didn't know about or ones she didn't want to talk about with anyone else but her mom. She was torn. She gasped, trying to regain her breath.

"Im all alone"
Felicity's mind was swarming of ways she could have helped her.
"Its all my fault."

"No, Felicity, your not. You're not alone. Not now, not ever. Its not your fault. How were you supposed to help her if you were tied to a chair, with a man beating you. Theres no way it was your fault. Theres no way you could've helped her." Oliver looked into Felicity's eyes. He could see nothing but hurt lingering on her face.

Ohmigod. Felicity had a habit of thinking out loud, and now was not the right time for her bad habits to be kicking in.

Those words stung. It felt like she had been repeatedly stabbed in her throat-Not to mention her heart.

Oliver stood up, Felicity making room on her bed, and he slipped into the hospital bed with her. Felicity leaned forward as Oliver put his arm around her, pulling her in closer. She nuzzled her head into his neck. Oliver could feel her cold tears against his skin. Time seemed to slow down. Felicity hadn't been with Oliver in forever. She'd missed the smell of his sweet cologne.

Felicity wrapped her arm around his and their fingers intertwined. Oliver looked down at her baby blue eyes. He smiled and butterflies entered Felicity's entire body. She instantly felt better, forgetting about reality for now.

Dig tapped lightly on the door and it pushed open a little. He smiled at the sight of Oliver and Felicity. He'd missed their cute laughs and smiles they shared.

"I hope I'm not interrupting anything," Dig smiled and Oliver got up, leaving them to talk alone.

"How ya feelin?"

"Better," Felicity let out a small smile and Dig sat down on Oliver's cot that was beside her hospital bed.

"Felicity," Dig paused, not wanting to ask her knowing that Oliver told her earlier today. "Your moms funeral is tomorrow. Are you better enough to go?"

Felicity looked away, not wanting Dig to see the hurt lingering in her eyes.

"Yeah, the nurses got me walking fine, barely any limp. Only a little pain, but otherwise you wouldn't even know." Felicity smiled feeling a little proud of how far she'd come with such little time.

"Okay, do you have a dress that I can bring you?"

"No, its fine I can go myself, I should probably have a shower and stuff. The nurses said Im fine to leave soon, whats a couple days early gonna matter?"

"Okay, do you want to wait till tomorrow, or should I get a nurse now?"

"Now would probably be better,"

"Okay Ill be right back."

Dig returned with a nurse by his side.

"You're free to go Mrs Smoak," The nurse wrote something on her clipboard and handed Felicity the dress she was wearing when she was first admitted into the hospital- of course it was washed- so she could get changed.

Felicity looked into the mirror at her reflection. She looked exactly the same as the day she was abducted. She let out a tear, as the memories flashed back. Dig tapped at the door.

"Felicity, you good?"

Felicity wiped away her tears and opened the door. Digs expression was happy at first, but the minute that he noticed her not making eye contact with him, his expression changed.

"Felicity, whats wrong?" Dig tried his best to sound gentle though he felt like he was jumping into her private life. He placed his arm on Felicitys shoulder and she looked up at him. Her eyes were a little red, an obvious sign that she was crying. She broke away the minute that she seen worry in Digs eyes.

"Im fine," Felicity calmed her breath and walked towards the exit. Dig followed Felicity into his car and jumped behind the steering wheel.

--

"Are you sure you don't want me to stay for a while?"

"Yeah, Im fine. Im gonna hop into the shower, and watch TV. Just a normal night Dig, don't worry I'm fine."

Felicity jumped out of the car and walked towards her a
apartment building.

"Bye!" Dig called after her.

She reached her apartment, locking the door behind her, and crashed on the couch. She sent a text to oliver
"At home, Im fine don't worry. What time is funeral?"
Oliver responded almost immediately- he must have been waiting for her knowing that she was home.
"Okay. At 1 pm Tomorrow."
"Thanks. Night xo"
Felicity shut off her phone and didn't even bother to move to her bed. She fell asleep on the couch in a matter of minutes.

She woke up to knocking at her door. She didn't move, hoping that it would go away- it didn't. Her heart was racing and a million thoughts filled her. The door bust open. Oliver ran in, expecting to see Felicity sprawled out over the floor bleeding-because she still hadn't talked to anyone and it was almost 12 p.m-but he seen frightened Felicity sitting on the couch-still in that dress.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." Oliver walked over to the couch and sat beside Felicity. He was wearing a black tux and he was all ready to go to the funeral.

"Its okay, Im gonna hop in the shower now." She got up, grabbing a towel from the closet closest to the washroom, and her robe.

Felicity got undressed, and turned on the tap listening to the water running to the bottom of the tub. She hopped in the shower, putting some face wash on her face cloth and scrubbing it all over her face. She let the water trickle down her body and finished her shower after washing her body and hair.

She went straight into her bedroom, and put on a black dress. She didn't bother with makeup, knowing it would be smeared all over her cheeks at the end of the day. She brushed he teeth and came out of her bathroom and Oliver was watching the news. Felicity's face was on the tv, once again.

"Mrs Smoak was admitted into the hospital nearly 3 weeks ago. She was let go today and is getting back up on her feet." She news lady smiled and changed the topic.

Felicity grabbed her purse and coat as Oliver stood up, turning off the TV, and walking towards the door along with Felicity.

Thanks for reading omg I cant belive I have 1.19K views. Next chapter will be Donnas funeral and I can assure you it will be very detailed. Im going to my cousins right now so I might not be able to update for a day or two, but I'm writing right now while were driving so i'll get as many chapters in as I can to make sure you guys don't get bored. Ill update as soon as I get there. Ill try my best to update again tonite or tomorrow. Xoxo