Chapter 45-Freedom

The tall, dark man leaned over him, inspecting the computer screen.

"Verdant night club, eh?" He spoke, turning around slowly and dramatically to his partner in crime. His smirk could kill a horse.

The computer showed a high tech tracking app, like Felicity's, with a red dot at Verdant marked "Felicity".

----

Felicity sat in her computer chair, facing Oliver, and Digg, who had just finally met them back at Verdant.

"I seriously cant imagine why he would want to hurt his own daughter in such a way. I cant believe this." Digg set his fingers at the outer corners of his eyes, bringing them towards his nose to meet, like almost every guy does when their stressed or whatever.

"Well believe it," Felicity said sadly.

"Felicity, I dont thi-" Oliver was cut off by the sound of metal clanging upstairs.

Oliver's eyes shot to Digg, then back at Felicity, where he kept them glued. He could tell that she was trying to hold back rage, anger, sadness, tears.. anything. Her body was stiff and straight, frozen in place.

"Oh. My. God." Felicity managed to shriek out, walking over to Oliver as if he had a protective bubble around him.

Oliver and Digg shared an astonishingly familiar look, one that had been attempted many times, yet this time it was almost more urgent.

Oliver creeped over towards Digg, managing to get close enough to whisper so that Felicity couldn't hear, "Uhm. Is that what im afraid it is?"

Digg only nodded, taking long, quick steps over to the cabinet that held the guns. He tossed one over to Oliver, and paused before throwing one to Felicity, after grabbing another for himself.

They all headed upstairs, Felicity behind them, protected.

Heading to the left right behind Oliver who was just a little behind Diggs side, Felicity paused for a moment, trying to listen. She heard a crackle of metal, almost like the creaking of a floorboard but stronger, quieter, yet more echoey. She fell behind Oliver and Digg by a few feet—huge mistake.

A big, strong finger poked her shoulder, causing her to spin around with her gun at chest level, ready to shoot.

She would shoot if she had to, she didn't like killing and it obviously had a ton of emotional downsides but its protection, self defence. If she had to, she would.

It was her father. Hands up and acting innocent. "Shhhh," He raised his finger to his lips, "Im not here to hurt you." He stood there, frozen.

Felicity didn't know what to do. Should she take care of this by herself, or yell out to them? She looked back at Oliver and Digg. They hadn't stopped, nor had they realized she wasn't behind them anymore.

She glued her eyes back onto her fathers. His gaze was locked onto hers for a good 10 seconds before he broke eye contact. He looked at something behind her for a split second, then back into her eyes as if nothing had happened. Felicity moved slightly, about to turn around to see what exactly was so important that he had to look at. Before she could even get a glimpse, a long black piece of fabric was wrapped around her head so fast that she couldnt react in time. The lights went out, she couldn't see.

She could feel a leathered glove on her arm, the other on her mouth, her fathers as well.

Kicking and thrashing, trying to yell but it only came out as small, muffled mumbles, adrenaline rushed through her system. Unknowingly a tear jumped from her eye, spreading onto the black fabric that blocked her vision.

Oliver and Digg finally noticed she was gone, "Wheres Felicity..?" Oliver spoke urgently, but slow, placing his hand in front of Digg signalling for him to stop and listen.

footsteps.

Oliver and Digg ran in the direction, not even caring about sneaking up on them, they just wanted to get Felicity.

Oliver came to a sudden halt, the leather on his body squeaking as his arm raised quickly. "Let her go," Yelling now, Oliver was () this close to releasing the arrow onto him... but he was still Felicity's dad, what if she never forgave him for killing her father?

"Molmimvr" Is what it sounded like when Felicity yelled. Oliver knew that she was calling his name, hearing it broke his heart. His heart skipped a beat when he realized that he released the arrow.... into a mans chest.

Felicity heard the losening of the strings on Olivers bow, and the sound of an arrow whizzing past her ear. She focused on the thud after she felt the fair of hands covering her mouth and arm disappear. She froze, not knowing what to do.

"Oliver, dont.!!" Dig yelled.

The man responsible for all of this was standing only a foot away from him, hurting his girl.

Felicity felt movement around her, and her father positioned himself onto her harder, going behind her and clenching her arms.

"Felicity?" This was his way of asking what he should do... what if he made the wrong move?

She nodded her head slowly, a sob escaping her mouth, a tear running down her face, and with wobbling knees.

He made the shot, a precise spot where it wouldn't kill him, just knock him out so he could be locked up in a special place.. where he wouldn't escape.

Felicity just stood there, arms out, hands shaking. Oliver dropped his bow, running towards her and holding her tightly. Just what she needed right now. 

Oliver's warmth, his touch, his scent, his eyes, his hair, his body, everything about him, she loved. For that short moment, she had forgotten the sound of his voice, what it felt like to feel safe sleeping next to him.

She ripped the cloth off of her head, gleaming at Oliver, gazing into his eyes deeply. "I love you," She smiled weakly, grabbing onto his arms that were around hers.

He pulled her in closer, forgetting about Digg and the bodies on the ground. Right now, its just him and her, in a timeless state. He leaned in, feeling the warm bubble around her body, smelling her perfume and sensing her love. Their lips shot together, finally embracing each other.

Im so so so sorry that this took so long. Im thinking about ending this book soon, (don't worry I have a great ending plot) and starting a new book. I already have some ideas for it. Tell me what you think?!

Thank you so much xooxox