Chapter 48- The question (Extremely Important)

Rooting through his drawers, Oliver picked up a firm, fancy box and took a deep breath, opening it and smiling. He closed it protectively as he heard a small knock at his door. There stood Felicity, all ready to go out for lunch. She had her hair in her usual tight, pulled back ponytail, and was wearing jeans and a fancy long sleeved loose shirt.

"One minute," Oliver said quickly, waiting for her to leave for one second so that he could put the small, fancy box inside his drawer again without her catching a glimpse of it. She didn't leave, just stayed planted at the doorway.

"Why? Oliver, we've seen each other naked theres not much to hide." Felicity said. He could tell that he hurt her feelings a tiny bit, but she could never see this box until he was ready.

-----&-------

Caitlin waltzed in, her cheeks a bit flushed and her voice a bit shy. "Felicity," She whispered.

Felicity peeled her body away from her computer desk and walked over slowly to Caitlin. "Yes?" She said, louder than necessary.

"You got a tampon, or pad or something?" She whispered, incase there were cameras or something that Oliver had to check regularly.

Felicity froze. Her eyes widened and her heart raced. "Oh my god." She paused for a moment, not breaking her strong eye contact with Caitlin. "Caitlin. No I don't. I haven't gotten my period. Oh my god."

"What do you mean?!?!" Caitlin said, a little surprised.

"I guess I never noticed because of everything going on. I haven't gotten my period!! I don't even know when the last time I had it was, times been flying by."

"Oh my god, Felicity. You need to take a test. C'mon we'll go to the drugstore and I can also grab a pack of tampons for myself." Caitlin wasn't trying to be quiet anymore, and she grabbed Felicity by the arm, hauling her out to her car.

-----&-----

Oliver pulled out a seat for Felicity, which she gladly sat in as he took his place on the opposite side of the table. He looked amazing. He was wearing one of those shirts that are fancy enough to go under a suit but casual enough to wear out in public. Y'know, those ones with the buttons down the middle almost like a blouse for a dude? The colour was a pale white/blue, and brought out the different shades of blue and whiteish in his eyes. His small scruff around his jawline was perfectly shaped and clean looking.

The food was alright, nothing she couldn't make herself, but it was nice not cooking all of the time. Oliver payed and tipped the waiter as the day grew closer to night. They left the restaurant slowly, taking their time walking around outside. It was that nice stage between summer and fall, where its a stage between hot and warm, so jeans and a long sleeve shirt go nicely. The leaves hadn't started changing yet, so it still looked like summer.

The sun was slowly starting to set, sending a pinkish blue colour flying across the sky. Oliver led Felicity down near the old Queen Consolidated building, which now had Palmer Tech laced across the building and doors.  There was a beautiful water fountain off to the side of the building, away from all of the traffic. There was an expensive stone all around the fountain, circling it. There was a nice garden behind it that crept up the sides of it. Over to the left was a beautiful tree, old and fragile, yet beautiful. There was a bench underneath the tree, clean and tidy. Oliver led Felicity away from the public, towards the bench and she took her seat.

"I love you," Oliver said as he placed his arm around her body.

Felicity snuggled in closer, taking a deep breath before replying, "I love you too, Oliver." She sounded so sincere, but it was such a simple word.

The sun was setting more and more, and Felicitys heart was thudding against her back. Oliver felt it go right through him. He wondered what she was worried about. But Oliver's heart was also thudding against his ribcage.

This night could change everything.

"Felicity," Oliver said softly, stammering a little when he stood up. "I know that this seems sudden, maybe or maybe not, but I love you so much. From the day I met you, when you turned around all peppy cheery in your computer chair in a pink blouse with your hair exactly how it is now, I could feel a connection—"

"Yeah and I was chewing on a stupid pen," Felicity said, not breaking her strong, intense gaze with him.

"It was red." Oliver paused, taking in Felicity's smile. The was she looked at him was refreshing, the feeling of being loved was the best. Continuing on, he said, "You were the first person I could see as a person. Theres something that I've never told you, and I want you to hear it now. You know how I wasn't always on the island when I was away right," He paused, letting Felicity nod her head. "I had to come back here, to this building, somewhere in that time period. My job was to retrieve a file from my fathers computer, which was activated by fingerprints. The only fingerprints registered were mine, Thea, my mother and my father, which is why I had to do it. There was a video on his computer that was labeled "To Oliver." I downloaded it onto a usb stick that I found in his drawer to watch later. When I was just about finished downloading the file I was sent for, I heard footsteps coming down the hall. It uploaded just in time and I darted for the office next to his. I seen a beautiful woman strut into his office." Felicity looked confused for a moment, until she kept listening to his story, "She picked up the picture of me and my father on his desk and said 'Why did you have to be so cute? I wish you weren't dead.' Then set it back on his desk and said 'Aanndd Im talking to a picture. And now Im talking to myself. Why do I always do this?' She didn't even get anything. It appeared that she only went into the office to talk to the picture." Felicity smiled so wide when she realized the woman he seen was her. "And then when I returned and I met you, that memory came flashing back into my head. You, Felicity Smoak, are the only woman I could ever love. You are the woman I see myself being with." Then, without another thought, he got down on one knee dismissively, grabbing a fancy plush covered box from the front pocket of his jeans. Opening it slowly, he positioned it in front of Felicity so that she could see closely what the box contained, and spat out the words, "Will you be the woman I spend my entire life with? Felicity Megan Smoak, will you marry me?" His voice was soft and approachable, full of love and happiness in every single way possible.

Felicity clasped her hands over her agape mouth. Tears prickled her eyes and a rush of all good emotions flooded her, except for one. A tear trickled down her face as she closed the box that was in Oliver's hand.

"Theres something I need to tell you before I answer." She grabbed his hand, pulling up on it lightly. Oliver set aside the box into his pocket again and laced his fingers into hers. She locked her gaze onto Oliver's eyes and another tear trickled down her face. This time it wasn't a happy emotion. She didn't know what it was, actually.
She squeezed his hand as she took his other hand and turned her body to face him completely. "Oliver, I'm pregnant."

I HAVE TO ADMIT THIS CHAPTER WAS AMAZING AHHHH. IVE GOT BUTTERFLIES EVERYWHERE. IM SOSOOS SORRY I HAVENT WROTTEN IN FOREVER BUT I HAD TWO ISU's DUE SOON AND A BUNCH OF ENGLISH TESTS. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING AND OLEASE SPREAD THE WORD THAT IM GOING TO START WRITING A LOT AGAIN. LOVE YOU ALL XOXOO