Chapter 33-Birthday girl

Oliver continued to hold Felicity in his arms. He could smell the faintness of Vanilla left on her soft, delicate skin. Felicity was still shaking a little, but as he tightened his grip around her, the shaking began to die down.. it was still happening, but faintly.

She rested her head against his collar bone and Oliver placed his chin on top of her hair. It smelt like fruits and he got a whiff of soft, faint chocolate.

Oliver began to rub her arm gently. He could feel the little bit of hair that surrounded her arm with each motion. Butterflies leaped through Felicity's chest every time she heard him breathe.

Oliver repositioned himself, lying back down onto the bed and pulling the covers all the way up to his arms. Felicity followed, feeling kind of cold now that he wasn't holding her. She slipped under the blankets with him, scooting up right beside him. She placed her left leg on top of his and her body formed to his instantly. Oliver repositioned the pillow and Felicity set her head down on his bare chest.

She could hear his heart beating..It was racing. Tapping her fingers against his bare skin with one hand and holding his hand in the other, she thought she understood why his heart was racing.

But in reality, Oliver was worried about Ra's. Yeah, he could feel the lovingness Felicity was rubbing off onto him and it did give him butterflies, but Ra's doesn't even know where he went and why he isn't back in Nanda Parbat. He could be looking for him at any moment.

Oliver didn't say anything to Felicity, she was just left to wonder. "Oliver, your heart."

Catching Oliver off guard, he mumbled, "what?"

"Your heart, Its racing." Felicity used her arm to push her body up so that she could look him in his eyes. He looked concerned at first, but after a few seconds he'd already put that brick wall up.

"Oliver," Felicity used her serious tone and before she could crack him, he made it seem like he was nervous about asking her.

"Do you want to go to dinner? Tonight. Then we can go to Verdant and have a few shots with Thea and Roy n Digg? Whatever you want.." Oliver shifted uneasily, waiting for her response.

Felicity smiled, "Sure.. I love you."

---

Fancy music rang through the entire restaurant. The sound of saxophone and piano was the strongest, flute and clarinet was soft in the background.

Felicity's phone alerted her that she received a message. "Sorry," Felicity took her phone from her purse and checked it. "Its just Thea," Felicity didn't even read the message before putting it back away in her purse. Her phone dinged again. "Ugh," Felicity sighed as she took her phone out again, this time reading it.

The message read
"Happy Birthday sweeets, see you tonite"
" ;) "

Felicity smiled big, replying quickly and shoving her phone back, placing her hands beside her plate comfortably. Oliver swiftly reached his hands across the small, neat table to hold Felicity's hand. Her hands felt warm and soft, just like the last time they went out to dinner. His heart leaped with Joy and butterflies swarmed through his head, all of the way down to his toes.

Felicity's face heated and the back of her neck felt as if it was on fire. It wasn't very noticeable, but it was enough for Oliver to notice for a few seconds.  He rubbed his thumbs in circles on her palms and felt the creases from where her hand allowed the skin to fold.