Home Sweet Home

Part 19

“Liam…” my head turned towards Niall in the passenger seat, he looked sad; scared almost. “Yes Niall?” I asked him sweetly as I paid my full attention to the little Irish lad. “I’m scared…” he admitted, I looked at him with confusion and pulled my arm around his slender shoulder, he was a bit cold so I forced my body fully round to embrace him in a loving hug. “Scared of what Niall… I’m always going to be here to protect you…” I said now stroking his hair. I kissed the top of his head and pulled myself away from our embrace so I could look at him while he spoke to me, “I-I’m scared you’re going to pick Danielle over me… And… And I don’t think I’ll be able to let you go like that Liam…” he started to sob lightly “I can’t lose you…” I pulled him back into my shoulder while he sobbed lightly; I felt a huge lump in my throat grow as I wanted to cry with him too, I don’t want him to feel like that at all… I’ve completely messed him up…

***

“You better call us every day Payne!” laughed Louis and he gave me a hug smiling like an idiot, he pulled away and Zayn came behind me patting my back “Hey, you better call me too!” I looked around at the boys “All of you!” I smiled and huge toothy smile at them as we all had a massive group hug. We pulled away grinning like a bunch of twats and I started to say my goodbyes as my train was first to departure. I already said goodbye to Louis, he needed to go to the other station to catch his train along with Zayn so I walked up to Zayn and embraced him in a manly hug. “I’m going to miss you Zayn, We’ll all be back after our summer break and you have to come down and check out the studio I got installed in my back yard” I smiled and pulled away “There are mirrors in there” I winked and he punched me in the arm playfully, he laughed at me and gave me another quick hug and pulled away “You can bet on it mate” he smiled and said his goodbyes to the other boys and the both of them left, separate ways from Niall, Harry and I. My train left in about twenty minutes so I had about a good ten minutes before I should get on the train, Niall was staying at our residence in London a little longer as he was going to catch the plane to Ireland tomorrow. Harry came up to me, his dimples had been in the same smile for the past hour as he was so happy to be going home, but inside I knew it was killing him about leaving Louis. His curls bounced up and down as he hoped over to me and have me a brotherly hug. “Going to miss you Payne, can’t wait to see you after the holidays” he beamed at me I smiled and pulled him into another hug, gosh I’m going to miss this boys like mad. We pulled away from the hug and I decided to reply to him “You too mate, hey you don’t have to wait around with me, go get something to eat I’m also pretty sure Niall is hungry too, or you could even go catch up with Zayn and Louis for a quick bite before you all leave.” I smiled knowing he wants to see Louis right before either one of them goes.

He smiled at me sweetly and nodded, he gave me a quick hug and trotted up to Niall, I watched them both carefully as saw Niall shake his head, and Harry shrugged and picked up the handle of his suitcase and slightly rushed towards the other station. Niall slowly started to approach me, looking all sad and on the verge of crying. I dropped my suitcases down on the floor and sped up towards him to hug him again, I held him so tight. Tighter than I have done with anyone, and I didn’t want to let go. “I love you Liam…” he sobbed lightly into my arms, I tried so hard not to cry back but I left myself go “I love you too Niall o-okay” I sobbed pulling away whipping my tears away, I rubbed his cheek where there was a wet patch from his tears “I don’t want you being alone in London for the night, or even on a plane on your own Niall…. I-I hate it!” I confessed to him, my lip quivering while telling him so. He just started to cry more and he pulled me into another hug, “I really do love you Liam…”

“The train to Wolverhampton will be leaving shortly, may all passengers please board the train, thank you.” The voice said from the station, with that Niall broke out into full on crying, “N-Niall please don’t cry” I tried to tell him but my voice broke and I started to cry more myself, he pulled me into another tight hug and we stood there for a few seconds before he and I released each other, “I love you Niall” I said picking up my suitcases in both arms. I got slowly onto the train and sat by the window to see if I could spot Niall, he was there waving. He saw me and was now smiling slightly; he knew he’d see me soon. Every time I leave this happens, even before we got together. His still my best friend so matter what status we are to different people, we will always be best friends.

***

I smiled as the taxi dropped me off at the oh to familiar house that I have lived in since I was born. I smiled and put my key through the door, the scent of my mums roast dinner hit my like a ton of bricks. I smiled big as I saw both of my sister rush towards me and they embraced me in a deathly hug. “LIAM” They both screamed as they pulled me closer, like this wasn’t close enough.

No-Ones P.O.V

Nicole and Ruth fussed about with Liam’s hair, pulling it one way and another pulling his trousers up so they weren’t below his ass. He smiled at their childish behaviour even though they were years older than him. He walked into the kitchen and his mum’s warm smile met his eyes, he pulled her into a loving hug and pulled back kissing the top of his mother’s head, “Your dads in the living room” she smiled and gave him a quick peck on the cheek. He strode his way into the living room and ran towards his dad, he gave him a manly but loving hug and they sat down together, with both of the girls sitting on the sofa opposite them. “So how’s the band going Liam?” His dad asked, Liam smiled a 100wat smile and began to tell his dad and siblings what it was like living with the lads in London. “Incredible is an understatement it’s amazing, really. We all get along so well but I miss you guys so much.” He smiled as both of the girls smiled in awe and his father patted him on the back. “How’s Danielle!” shrieked Ruth. Liam took a deep breath in and sighed quietly. He’d only just forgotten about the decision he had to make over these few weeks.

“It’s going good thanks Ruth” he smiled at his elder sister. Nicole smiled and got up as their mother called for her help in the kitchen. “You know Tiegan came knocking for you earlier, she thought you’d be here by now.” Smiled Ruth. Liam shot up out of his seat and headed towards the door, “You didn’t text me or call me that she came by!” he beamed running towards the banister to get his jacket he’d taken of earlier when he walked into the house. “Liam, come and sit back down. I’ve invited her over for dinner, she’s busy at the moment and plus you’ve just got here. Come spend some family time with us.” Liam’s mum announced, shouting from the kitchen. Liam huffed and took off his jacket again and slopped into the living room. He sat on the floor and Ruth came and laid slightly on his chest. He smiled and started to plat the ends of his elder sister’s hair. “So how’s things with you Rii?” asked Liam- calling her by her nick name he’d given her for years. “Good, actually great. I got my photography job and I’m working at good pay!” she smiled and turned around to give her younger brother a hug. “I miss you a lot you know? Everyone does…” she pulled away with a sad expression plastered across her face. Liam reached his hand out towards her cheek and started to rub it slightly. “I miss you too, all of you” he attempted a small smiled and kissed his sister’s forehead.

“Liam dear! Do you want ice-cream after dinner?” hollered his mum from the other room “Yes please!” he shouted back smiling. He laid with his back on the floor and both of his sisters now curled themselves onto his body, holding him tight not wanting to let go of him in the fear of not seeing him again for a while. But right now he was all theirs, he longed so much to see his sisters and family, it was hard being away from home all of the time, and right now he needed that time to get his head clear off all thoughts and problems that leaked through his brain, seeping into the darkest parts of his mind and his dark secrets will soon be told, but who too? If he was to tell his sisters, they may shout and scream at him and tell him his wrong to play games with two innocent people. Or he’d be looked down upon by his father maybe? Or even his mother, what about his friends. What about his best friend down here in Wolverhampton, Tiegan? What about the boys? What about Niall… Would Niall want to come straight ‘out of the closet’ or would he be willing to wait?

He was so confused lately and he didn’t know what to do, he just needed to tell someone, he knew that for sure. And he had to tell someone today or he’d explode when not necessary. He huffed out a long held in breath which only made his sisters curl closer. “Li?” asked Nicole, referring to Liam. He nodded and started to rub her arm where his arm was carefully placed around “Yeah Nick?” he responded with, “Can me you and Ruth sleep on the pull out bed tonight so were all together? I know its all cliché and stuff but we really miss you…” he smiled and pulled both of his sisters towards him more, nuzzling their cheeks with his own. “You know I will” he smiled as both of the girls got up smiling and ran upstairs, Liam figured they were already planning the night in store for him.