Cry Me A River

Part 11

Niall’s P.O.V

I hate myself. I want to quit One Direction and go die in a hole… No that’s too extreme… I need to clear up this mess I’ve made. Why can’t I just admit my feelings to everyone? Why is it so hard for me to not love Liam? Why do I have to screw up like always? People say I’m carefree but at the moment they’re wrong, all I’m doing is thinking, thinking, thinking and it’s making my head hurt. I need something to eat to take my mind off of things. No. No you don’t Niall you need to go and talk to Liam. I groaned as I knew I had to go and tell him why I acted the way I did. I looked over at my alarm and it was 3am in the morning. I whacked my forehead with my hand and moaned. I can’t get to sleep because Liam is on my mind but I can’t go over there at 3 in the fucking morning. I ran both of my hands through my hair roughly. Why did I kiss Harry? Why, Why- WHY?! I stood up and decided to go for a walk around my flat. I slipped on my slippers and wondered into my kitchen, at times like this I need to eat, plus I can’t get to sleep.

I remerged around in my fridge, there’s hardly anything there apart from two eggs some cheese, ham and pickles. I decided to make an omelette as that’s all I could really make with the food provided. I cracked the eggs into a cup and stirred fast, thinking about how the time flew by so fast, one moment we’re all best friends, next I’m slowly falling in love with Liam, next I ruin that. If only I could get my head straight. In the right place, at the right time. It was only a matter of time before I tell everybody everything and mess it all up, I knew that Liam would never forgive me for that, telling the boys, the world everything that we- I mean I felt for him, for us. Only to be ruined by my stupid actions. I was on the verge of tears I sniffed them back and put the egg mixture down I grated some cheese and cut up little slices of ham, I threw them into the cup then got out a pan and some butter, I know this sounds like I’m reading out instructions on how to make an omelette but at the moment; even though that everything’s gone on my mind is black, like a sheet of paper, useless and un-needed. I need to think about something else…. Something important… Dates… SHIT! I ran and got my phone and checked the date 28th of August. LIAM’S BIRTHDAY IS TOMMOROW! I checked the time; it was now 3:30am. What shops are open? What would he like? Does he want anything off of me…?

I opened up my laptop and got up a few of his favourite brand websites, searching through shoe websites, tops, jumpers, jeans. Nothing seemed right, headphones, hats, even socks! Nothing seemed to compare how important Liam was to me, I needed it to be special… Almost apologetic like. It needed to be spectacular. No… Too cliché… Ughh! I searched for about two hours until I found the perfect gift, or gift’s should I say. Hopefully he’d love it. I smiled to myself as I had another idea, but I need to fix what’s broken first before this could actually work. I love Justin Bieber; his videos give me a lot of good ideas!

Harry’s P.O.V

I woke up to the smell of food, bacon and eggs to be exact, I’m starting to act like Niall now as I followed my nose to the kitchen, I saw Liam standing there looking very smart and he was humming, humming a tune which sounded a bit too familiar. “Why don’t you …. Hmmm hmm hmm hm hmmm… ohhhh cry hmm mmm hmm hmm mmm, I’d cry a river over you…” He hummed some words and let some escape I smiled as that was his audition song for x-factor, the song that got him through, the song that got us put together in a band. I was about to say “Good morning” but he turned around flashing me a toothy smile. “Mornin’ Haz” he handed me a plate and some ketchup, as I hate mayo.  “Thanks Liam” I smiled back at him and took a seat opposite him, he was behind the breakfast bar or counter whatever you call it dishing his up onto a plate “Don’t mention it mate” He said, his back facing me. I tried to fit as much food as possible on my work, without looking like a pig, that doesn’t mean I stacked it up like Niall. Just means it’s a lot but it don’t look like it. I shoved the greasy food in my mouth and smiled in delight. I love Liam’s cooking. He turned around brining his food to the counter still facing me; he broke out in a fit of laughter though when he saw my face.

“Mate, don’t shove it all down in one” he chuckled “You look like a chipmunk” he laughed again and took a bite out of his own food. With my food still filling up my cheeks I gave him a death glare which sent him smiling like hell. “Any plans for today?” He smiled at me taking another bite of his food, I shrugged, I seriously needed to talk to Niall but I think I need to go to Louis and explain myself to him as to why I bailed on him and didn’t come home, and Niall can wait. Plus I still think he needs time to cool down. “I need to go see my boobear” I smiled with bacon stuck in my teeth. Harry you idiot! Liam just smiled and pointed to a spot on his teeth to indicate me where the bacon was, I picked it out quickly to spare me the embarrassment.

Liam, nodded to my response of what I was doing today “Hey Lili” I said in a low tone, trying to grab his attention, he swerved around and looked at me as if I spoke in another language. “Guess whaaaaaat?” I said in the same low voice. He looked at me completely stunned, he didn’t have a response and he was seriously confused “Lili?” He questioned me as he got closer. A huge smiled spread across my face and my eyes lit up, “It’s your birthday tomorrow” I reminded him, which was the point. He smiled and rolled his eyes “Whatever Haz” He said and turned away; if there was anyone that didn’t like to get older it would be Liam… Well it actually would be Louis, he cried when he turned 20 and said he was an old man. Liam just pushes the subject away. “Liammmmm” I whined “What?” he chuckled and faced me again grabbing my plate then returning to the sink “You’re going to have a great time, we have things planned” I said, glee filling my voice and eyes. To this he reacted with a groan. “I’m calling Louis” he threatened me, yes threatened.

“Nnuuughhh” was my response, I got up and huffed and made my way to Liam’s bathroom to change into the clothes I wore yesterday. I heard him chuckling to himself but then the chuckling stopped and it was dead silent. I heard a knock at the door and I’m guessing as soon as he opened it he didn’t want to see the person in the door way, all I could hear was mumbling, Liam sounded angry… Hurt even, I pressed my hear to the door to try and hear what was being said and trying to make out who it was. I know I shouldn’t be ease dropping but once you live with Louis, it becomes an addiction.

Liam’s P.O.V

I chuckled my ass off to the door, I heard a knock. It’s only 10:46am I wonder who would want me at this time, maybe it’s Louis coming up to check on Haz. I opened the door to find Niall standing there; he was looking down and fiddling with his feet. Even though he hurt me and it was his fault I feel the pain that I do, I still felt sorry for him… He looked so…. So scared. But you can’t give into him Liam; you just can’t stand your ground. “What do you want?” I asked him, not rudely but not politely either. He head snapped up and he looked at me in a tad bit of shock, but his face soon washed away once he realized the situation. “I-I…” He stuttered out, I shifted my weight from one foot to the other waiting for him to reply. “Well?” I asked getting impatient. “Liam I’m sorry… I screwed up… Messed up, my heads not in the right place right now but… but my hearts telling me that you are in the right place for me, the right time… I was stupid I shouldn’t of done it… I was such an idiot Liam… I really like you… rather a lot…” He said, his Irish accent strong; which always means his had a rough night.

Part of me wanted to just pick him up and hug him tight, to love him again to tell him it’s all okay and we both can be together. But part of me told me that it was wrong, he hurt you once and he could easily do it again, if you let him in too much he could crush you more- give me more pain. I studied my options for a fair while, Niall getting really nervous at the door then it occurred to me that he said he was stupidhe shouldn’t have done it. Should’ve done what? “Niall, what do you mean you should’ve don’t it?” I questioned him, his face was dead hard, like he’d seen a ghost. “I…i…” he stuttered, once again. “Niall please” I asked him sweetly, what did he do that was so bad? “Harry…” He mumbled out, my eyebrows knitted together in confusion. Harry? What has he got to do with this? “What about Haz?” I asked once again, I seem to be asking him a lot of questions. “We… We Kind of … Sort of… Ya’Know… Umm…” This boy is asking for a hit, this is really bugging me now.

“Niall just tell me the darn thing!” I raised my voice at him, “WE KISSED OKAY?” He shouted out. I froze solid and heard a bang from the next room.

Harry.......