Chapter 30: A Whisper of the Heart - END

A WHISPER OF THE HEART

                  ___________________________________________

                  It's not about the ending... It's about their story.

                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------

     Heath felt it.

     That the scariest thing in his life… was beyond the door that he was standing in front of.

     Nanginginig ang kamay niyang inayos ang tie na pakiramdam niya sumisikip sa leeg niya. His sweaty hands that held Venice’s big bouquet of roses felt cold and numb.

      “Here let me.” Mahinang sabi ng mama ni Venice na nakatayo sa tabi niya. Inayos nito ang suot niyang tie at marahang tinapik iyon ng matapos. Pinadaan ng Mama ni Venice ang mga namamasang mata nito sa kabu-an ni Heath para makasigurong maayos ang kanyang pananamit.

      Heath never prepared for something as grand as today but he woke up this morning as planned, groomed himself well and wore the suit and tie that Venice wanted him to wear on this day.

     With the great help of all his loved ones and with the ones who loved his family and wife they supported him and offered themselves as crutches so he could walk again.

     And finally, today, he was able to walk towards the place where Venice long waited for him.

     Finally… for the first time… after a very long time he’ll be able to lay his eyes on Venice again.

Step by step the distance he tried to create far from her finally shortened today.

     If he could only move his free hand forward and turn the handle…

“Papa, Mama esta esperando.”

(Papa, Mama is waiting.)