Chapter 19: Three of a Perfect Pair (PART 2)

Lizbeth knew that she just waged war with Venice the moment she met Venice’s eyes… she knew that it was crazy but her body moved on its own by tilting her head up and lifting her chin subtly. Her hands grabbed Heath’s hand that were all over Venice before she came in.

     She had to save Heath from further damnation.

     Lizbeth saw the opportunity of meeting Venice again when Heath’s mom called her. Close kasi sila ng mama ni Heath. She met Heath’s mom on several occasions since Venice left and they clicked ever since.  Heath’s mom called her and asked her if she could join their family gathering, Heath particularly told her that Liz was a part of the family and that she was as close to becoming his little sister. She gained the title when Venice left though honestly she was not happy about it.

     Bahagya siyang nagulat ng makita si Venice. She was not the Venice that she was expecting.

     Mula sa malayo kanina pinagmasdan niya ang dalawa habang proud na ipinapakilala ni Heath si Venice.

     The image she had of Venice was far from what her eyes told her. Dressed in jeans and a simple blouse she looked like a commoner. Her clothes didn’t fit her well and to top that she looked older and unrecognizable. Muhka itong may sakit. Was this the Venice who she was afraid of all these years?

     The Venice that she knew was not this Venice. The Venice she knew was brighter than her. Venice was someone whom she couldn’t surpass even though she already gave her all.
     Up close it was more upsetting how she placed Venice on a pedestal.

     Nahuli ni Liz kung paano sinundan ng mga mata ni Venice ang kamay ni Heath na hinila niya. That’s right, she thought while smiling, Heath was now hers.

     Hindi niya naiwasang titigan pa ito lalo. What right did she have to display that kind of face? Venice looked as if she was hurt. Anong karapatan nito gayong iiwan din naman niya ulit si Heath? Siya dapat ang masaktan dahil sa ikalawang pagkakataon iiwan ni Venice si Heath sa kanya pagkatapos nitong kunin ang lahat mula sa huli. Paano siya mamahalin ni Heath kung kinuha na lahat ni Venice lahat ng pagmamahal nito.

      “Anong ginagawa mo dito? Hindi ka tumawag dadating ka pala.” Heath said.

      “Tumawag kasi si Tita na andito na daw siya sa bahay niyo. Hindi niya sinabi na darating ako? Bumili ako ng pagkain para sa lahat. Actually pababa na yung mga caterers. Just like before ba? Sa garden ko ipapapwesto ang mga pagkain?” she stressed her voice so she sounded like she was making a point.

     I belong here while you don’t. She just hoped Venice heard what she was trying to point out.

      “Nag-abala ka pa. Tumawag na ako kay Mark kanina para sa pagkain.”