Chapter 1: The Best First

Memoir 1:

     Mula sa kinauupuan niya pinadaan ng labing-pitong taong gulang na si Heath ang kanyang mga mapanuring mata sa loob ng conference room na iyon.

     Sa unang pagkakataon nakilala at nakasama niya sa isang lunch date ang mga importanteng tao sa companyang iyon mula sa mga road manager, handler, producers, at big bosses.

     Finally, he was having his debut on Philippine Television.

    His choice to join this industry was a given since he came from a family of entertainers in the show business industry.

     Unfortunately, there was a catch to his long awaited debut.

     A catch that rubbed on Heaths patience and made him irritable during the whole meeting.

     The producers wanted him to be paired up with an actress and form a love team that can attract viewers. He was not consulted or given a choice since he was a new comer.

     Sa hindi mabilang na beses napabuntong hininga siya sabay iling. Ang pagbuntong hininga na lang siguro ang kaya niyang gawing paraan sa pag-pro-protesta.

     Kahit siguro ilang beses niyang gawin iyon alam niyang walang nakakapansin sa “pagrerebelde” niya.

     Abala kasi ang mga tao sa paligid nila sa nalalapit “nilang” tambalan.

    His eyes roamed around the place full of oblivious people before it settled on her…

     Ang babaeng “NAKATAKDA” para sa kanya.

     “Huh-“he huffed under his breath managing to make it sound like an insult.

    He looked skeptically at her from afar.

     So this was the girl that everyone was talking about, he thought.

     Her name was Venice Manuel.

     A child prodigy…

     …so they say...