Chapter 13: The art of breaking him (part 2)

Sino ba ang mas nasasaktan?

     Ang nang-iiwan?

     O ang naiwanan?

     Venice tried to debate with herself as she made her way to where Heath was.

     Wouldn’t it be too selfish to stay? She thought. Live life to the fullest since she has few months left… enjoy the last moments together with her son… and love the man who whole heartedly announced to the world that he loves her…  She’ll have a well lived life and she dies peacefully.

     And then what happens?

     What happens to Heath? What happens to Hezekiah?

     They will live off painful memories… while she’ll be cold, unfeeling and buried six feet under the ground not knowing when or if they’ll ever recover.

     For someone who’s not dying it’s easy to say such grand wonderful things but when faced with death all selfish thoughts will be put aside, the only thing that will matter in the end are the ones you love.

     Venice tried to swallow one of the bitterest pills in her life. She’d rather face her fears alone. She’d rather be in pain alone. She’d rather be hurt alone. She’d rather die alone.

     Napatigil si Venice ng mahagip ng mata niya ang kinaroroonan ni Heath.

     She didn’t want to it but right at that moment she was questioning God while she silently watched Heath from afar.

     Hindi nito napansin na nasa gilid lang siya dahil masyado itong busy sa pag-aayos.

     He was crazy. She smiled bitterly.

     Pinuno nito ang garden nito ng daan-daang rosas na iba’t-ibang kulay.

     Unknown people were continuously unloading hundreds of roses to and fro Heath’s garden. Unbelievable layers of roses on vases adorned Heath’s garden… arranged carefully according to their colors … from lavender, yellow, peach, pink and white.