I noticed You, I was just scared (High School AU)

You were quiet and shy. Pretty much the cliché stereotype for people who wear glasses. You had a very small group of friends one of the misfits in that group was the most popular guy in the school, Dean Winchester. He was the basic player, dated a new girl pretty much every other week. But he fit in because he had some beef with his dad and in our little group we were independent of our parents.

But the one thing that you hated about Dean was his charm. His charm was the one thing that could make your knees buckle. His deep voice, his heart stopping smile, and his eyes. Oh, his eyes. The perfect shade of green you could imagine. You practically fell in love with him a month after you became friends. But he had a girlfriend. And you could tell now that she wasn't going anywhere anytime soon.

She was perky and a total bitch. She hated your guts. She practically knew you had a thing for Dean. So much that she went out of her way to threaten you to stay away from him or else. You weren't that big and strong or that confident so you didn't dare antagonize her.

But word got back to Dean, and he didn't like it. There was a huge fight between him and his girlfriend. The whole argument was public, you never mess with a Winchester's friends. You weren't there when the fight went down, but you definitely heard about it.

Now- hours after the fight- you were walking to your car to head home. You heard heels walking over to where your car was. You turn around to look at who was walking over to you, it was Dean's ex.

"You bitch!!!" She yelled. You didn't see him but Dean was about 15 yards away from you and heard her yell at you. He turned quickly and saw her pull her hand back to smack you across the face. But he rushed over to stop it but was too late. Her hand hit you square in the cheek, knocking your glasses off, and her long acrylic nails scratched you, leaving 4 red striped across your face.

"Y/n! Are you okay?" Dean said urgently putting his arms on either side of you to keep you upright since you weren't expecting her to just walk up to you and do that like a crazy person!

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a smack and a few claw marks. Nothing compared to having younger siblings or a dog that weighs 3 times you." You said sarcastically.

"Here," Dean picked up your glasses and handed them to. Shit! They were cracked and they are now lopsided! Mom is going to kill me!"What the hell were you thinking?!" Dean yelled at his ex. "She didn't cause the breakup! You did! You decided it was a good idea to threaten my family!"

"She isn't your family, Sam is your family, not this whore!" She yelled at him and you.

"She is more loyal than you are!" He puffed his chest in defense. She shrunk down. "Oh yeah, I've heard. You see, being on the football team and hearing things from my other teammates. For example. Dude, Tiffany gives some serious head!, Oh yeah, I tapped Tiffany last night," Dean stepped closer to her to seem intimidating. "So don't you dare call her a bitch when you are everyone's bitch."

He turned his back on her and looked towards you and grabbed your hand that wasn't holding the cracked glasses and lead you over to the Impala. He walked to around to the passenger side door and opened it for you. You got in confused. You watched him walk around and get in on the driver side. He started his baby and then peeled out of the school parking lot, spinning his tires.

You drove in silence until you had some questions that needed some answering. And all this thinking without your glasses made you have a massive headache, and you were in a moving vehicle. "Why did you stand up for me the way you did?" You asked putting your glasses back on, finally seeing clearly

"Why wouldn't I? You are family." He side glanced you. "How's your cheek?"

You lightly pat it with your hand. "It's fine," you said quietly. "I just didn't think you noticed me enough to do something like that."

"I noticed you, I was just scared," He paused.

"Of what?" You asked as Dean pulled into an abandoned road. He sat in silence ignoring your question. "Dean, what were you scared of?"

"I'm scared of losing you." That hit you like a ton of bricks. Was he scared of losing you because you are his best friend or because of... no! There is no way because of that reason. "You are the most honest, loyal girl I have ever met. All of the other girls that I've been with is so that I can stop thinking about how much I want to spend every minute with you. When I heard that Tiffany told you to stay away from me I almost broke the wall when I punched it." He turned and looked at you. "Your eyes are the most heart-stopping color I have ever seen. The first time I saw you my heart nearly burst out of my chest because you are so beautiful. You have that attitude that when you walk into a room it becomes a better place. The way you do that has changed me. It has made me a better son, a better brother to Sam, and overall a better person." Before you knew it you were crying. A tear had already made it to the corner of your mouth.

"Oh, don't cry sweetheart," Dean said taking off your glasses. "I don't want to see you crying." He wiped away the tears.

You let out a small laugh. "They are tears of joy," You paused and put your hand on his. "That was beautiful," you whisper to him.

"Seeing you cry because I spoke the truth makes me mad," You furrow your eyebrows, "The fact that no man has ever told you how amazing you are makes me mad but also glad because I can be the first." He smiled that smile that made your heart leap out of your chest.

Without thinking you close the gap between you two and kiss him. The spark that has been kept quiet was finally let free and was uncontrollable. Dean kissed you back with even more passion than you've ever seen in him. He leans into you and you lay down on the soft, worn leather of the seat. With Dean on top of you, you make out for what seems like hours. But you don't want to stop, you just want time to stop so you can cherish the moment.

He pulls away to your disliking. The taste of him lingers along with his smell. The look in his eyes is one that you have never seen in him. Love.

"I love you," You say first. The way he looked at you gave you a boost of confidence.

"I love you too." He kissed you again. "I'm never letting you go."

Comment if you are from the UK

Hey, everyone! I hope you liked this chapter. This chapter was requested by kalemuffin . Comment what you would like to see next, I am having some massive writer's block. Love you all!