Lights Out

It was a normal day off. Lounging around, being bored out of your mind constantly because there is no one to save. But today was different. You and Sam were in the library reading up on some of the Men of Letter's files when everything went black. You felt like reality ceased to exist in that moment. The power must have gone out. But why would the power go out on one of the world's most secret and secure bunkers? Doesn't this place run on its own generators? And if those went ran out of juice are there backup generators?

Sam's voice echoed out of the dark. "Y/n? You okay?" His voice soft but worried. 

"Yeah, I'm fine. What's going on? Where's the light?" You felt claustrophobic by the darkness. 

There were footsteps and a beam of light that came from the direction of Dean's room. You were blinded the light, kind of shocking how delicate the human eyes are. 

"You guys alright?" Dean's voice soothed you. You felt protected by him ever since you met him. You had gotten yourself hurt on a hunt and when the brothers rescued you Dean promised to look after you till his last breath. 

"Yeah, we're fine. What happened?" Sam asked.

"Don't know." Dean looked around with the flashlight. 

"Maybe a demon cut the power to pick us off one by one." You said, trying to be reasonable. "This is a secret bunker, there is no way that it just lost power."

"You've got a point. Sam do you know where the circuit breaker is?" Dean asked. You could barely see his face because the light was facing towards you but you could tell that he was scowling. 

"Yeah, I trapped you in there remember?" Sam replied. 

"Then go there and see what we are dealing with." Dean started walking away from the two of you.

"Wait, Dean," you call out to him in the dark. "Don't you think that we should stay together? I mean, if it really is a demon then we are stronger together than apart. And besides, you have the flashlight genius." 

Dean laughed. "You're right." He walked past you two.

You and Sam followed him all the way to the electrical room. It was completely black and you could barely see a foot in front of you. There are no windows so there is no outside light. You could only see where Dean's flashlight lit up.  You thought you heard something behind you. You froze in terror. Dean turned around with the flashlight. Sam and his eyes went wide. "Y/n don't move," Sam said trying to stay calm. 

You could feel something standing behind you. It was tall, looking down on you. The thing breathed and it sounded like a man who had been smoking for 40 years and has lung cancer and was on the edge of death. But it growled when Dean put his flashlight on it. Your stomach dropped.

~Dean's POV~

The thing was tall and dark gray. Its eyes glowing yellow. It was at least over 9 feet tall. It's head shaped like a crow but the body of a windigo. What the hell is this thing and how the hell do you kill it. I pulled my gun from my jeans. I quickly pulled up took aim and shot it right in the face. Its scream was a demonic scream and a howl.

I grabbed Y/n's arm. "We need to go now!" I pulled her and we took off down the hall. We had to reach the electric room, and fast. I could hear its screams from behind us. Only a few more turns. The pounding of its footsteps barreling towards us. My heart was pounding. Closer. One more turn. I could feel my breath starting to become shorter. I turned the corner pushed them inside the electric room. But they only felt like one person, and that one person was too big to be Y/n. She was still out there. With that thing. But that thing wasn't on the opposite side of the door. It has her.