Crossing Paths (Part 2)

You were walking through the woods on your way to Dean's gravestone. His body wasn't there just ashes. The leaves were starting to turn a bright red and yellow. The clinking of the charm bracelet that Dean left for you was the only other sound besides the crunching of leaves. 

Walking this path brought back so many memories for you. And they were all with Dean. Walking through here to clear your head after you had an argument with your mother. He walked side by side with you and listened to you vent. You loved coming out here just to see the autumn colors. There is a large pond that is about halfway to the grave site. One winter the ice was thick enough to go ice skating on. You were holding onto Dean for support and ended up falling on him. That was the day that you two kissed for the first time. At the time you regretted it because you knew it was going to lead to something more, and you were scared. But in the end, you two ended up together. But that romance was short lived.

"Dean, you can't keep on controlling me like this!" You yelled at him. 

"Y/n, it's for your own safety." Dean put his hands on your shoulders. 

"And since when was it not safe for me to go out on a hunt?" You shrug off his hands. His eyes reflected his heart being squeezed to its breaking point. "I've been doing this as long as you have."

"But things are different now. Some things have happened and I don't want them to happen again." Dean said choking up. 

"What happened? I don't get it. You've said that like five different times and you won't tell me what happened." You yelled. "What happened?!"

"I can't tell you. But I will do anything in my power to keep it from happening again. Y/n, you have to trust me on this." Dean tried to reason with you. "I will do anything to keep you safe. Even if that means doing the inevitable."

"You mean selling your soul? Demons won't deal with you because you've already been to hell. You have got a soft spot with Crowley." Tears were slipping down your cheeks. 

"I don't mean selling my soul. I mean leaving you." His eyes were starting to turn red from holding back tears. "And that is the only option I have now."

"Dean," You said quietly.

"I have to go Y/n," Dean said. And without another word, he walked right out the door.

You were crying thinking about that memory. Dean leaving drove you to turn into a workaholic. Killing people who aided the monsters were even seen as monsters in your eyes. It changed you for the worse. Why did we argue about that stupid thing? Why couldn't I just let that be? You had finally reached Dean's grave. You wanted to cry once again but you couldn't. "What the hell?"

It looked like someone had been buried in a shallow grave and dug their way out. The crunch of leaves behind you makes you jump and pull the gun that was hidden in your belt out. You turn around and see a man standing naked. "What the hell?" His voice was familiar. His broad chest and bright green eyes. 

"Dean?" Shock shuttered through you.

"I would like to hug you and tell you I missed you but I am kinda standing butt naked in the middle of the woods." Dean laughed a bit.

You laughed and took off your jacket. You handed it to him. "It's no like I haven't seen any of that before." You laughed even more and so did he. 

"I'm surprised you aren't like freaking out." He wrapped the jacket around his hips. 

"You are a Winchester after all. Hold on, I'll head back to the bunker and get you some actual clothes." You blushed. You sprinted to the bunker and got some clothes from Dean's room. Your favorite outfit of his. Your adrenaline was pumping. He was back. You were half way back to the gravesite but he met you half way. "I told you to wait."