Glasses

For as long as you can remember you have worn glasses. Since you were only a baby. You've grown up with them. Your parents always made sure that you had your glasses on. You even defended them when you would get picked on when you were in elementary. But of course, you wore them even on hunts. You couldn't see without them.

Fighting some prick of an angel in a closed down thrift store. Not where you thought that angel was hunkering down at but whatever. You were thrown across the room by that d-bag and your glasses fell off when you hit the wall. You learned to recover fast to save you ass. You lunged for you glasses but the angel stepped on them. The snap of the plastic and the crunch of glass under his shoe. It felt like your heart stopped. You looked up at the man thinking that he would be all blurry and out of focus but...

"What the hell?" You backed up quickly to the wall. "I-I can see..."

"You can see what? The light?" The angel mocked you.

"Your wings." You said. The angel's eyes grew wide. "They're broken. What happened?" You asked.

The angel slowly backed away. You looked down at Dean who was on the floor spitting blood. "How can you see that?" She looked hurt. 

"I don't know but hey, let's put you out of your misery," Sam said and then plunged the angel blade into his back. 

You zoned out. I could see his wings. How? Can I see all angel wings? I don't understand. "Y/n, snap out of it." Dean was standing in front of you snapping. "It's your turn to get rid of the body. Then we will talk about that nonsense you were babbling about." He said. 

~~~

Y/n: Mom, something happened.

Mom: What is wrong dear?

Y/n: Do I really need glasses?

Mom: Yes, why?

Y/n: They broke on a hunt and I can see perfectly fine.

Mom: Well there are cases where glasses only are helpful for when you are young and then grow out of them. Maybe this is one case.

Y/n: I was hunting a rogue angel.

Mom: Honey...

Y/n: Mom, how could I see the angel's wings? Is there something wrong with me? Am I not human? 

Mom: We need to talk about this in person. Not over text.

Y/n: Mom tell me!

Mom: Honey, I'm a Nephilim. Which means you have some angel grace in you. Your father knew about it and the doctor who helped bring you into this world is what you call a "rogue angel". He knew what I was and he knew what you were going to be. So he made some glasses that would prevent you from seeing angel's wings. 

Mom: Your father and I didn't want you to find out about it.

Y/n: I have to go.

Y/n: Dean needs me.

~~~

"Is everything alright? You're crying." Dean says from the driver's seat. 

"I'm alright. Just that I have angel grace and my mother neglected to tell me that." you wiped your cheeks. "Apparently my mom is a Nephilim and my dad is human. Didn't know that. Anyway, that caused me to see angel's wings. The glasses that the doctor made for me were supposed to keep me from seeing the wings."

"Shit," Sam says. 

"Yeah, I know." You drop your eyes to your hands in your lap. 

"I wonder if you get any powers from your mom," Dean says. He glanced at you.

Years Later

"You think you're funny." The demon says. 

"Well, a friend of mine once said, I think I'm adorable." You opened your hand as a bright white light shot out of your hand and into the demon's eyes. Blood bubbled out of its eyes and mouth. The image made your stomach flip. 

"Very well, Y/n." you mom says behind you. "Your progress is impressive. I learned how to do that when I was only 16." She rests a hand on your shoulder. 

"I can barely do that. I get tired after I do that." You close your eyes for a second.

"Well, you are running low on grace." She says and pulls something out of her back pocket. "Here." It was a glass bottle with a shining ever-flowing gas inside of it. Angel grace.

"I said I was done with that." You push it away. "Dean says it's turning me into something I'm not." 

"Well, Dean doesn't know what's best for you. And besides, this will help you protect yourself and him. It's for the best." She puts it in your hand.

You look down at it conflicted. Take it to protect Dean or don't and honor his wishes. You open up the cap and inhale the grace. A tinggling sensation went down your spine. You look down at your hands and see the glow of the grace in your veins. 

"To protect Dean."

I will be making another part to this to fill in the years. I hoped you liked this chapter. I only have a week left of school which means more time to write. I am sorry that I didn't upload this yesterday. I was still doing finishing touches. Give me some feedback on this and send in some requests. Luv you.