Chapter 1: Paths Cross

I'd never been to this area of chicago, non of these buildings looked familiar. The sun had set, the sky was dark, not a single star could be seen. My stomach was turned in knots, my hands were shaky. I looked over to the drivers seat at David, he was focused on the road and his hand locked on the steering wheel. How was I gonna get myself out of this one?

We always did this, it was nothing out of the normal. We would fight, id try to break it off and than we would be back together. But this time we were in the car and he began speeding.
"Were leaving here" he screamed
I could smell the faint scent of alcohol.
"Leaving?"
"yea leaving, I'm done with this bullcrap. Were fucking leaving this shit hole"
"Where exactly do you plan on going?"

"I don't know? Canada, Nebraska? For fucks sake anywhere that isn't here"
I could see he was getting agitated even more. I was nervous, I really didn't know where I was gonna end up.
"David, you know I can't leave here"
He hit the breaks sending me flying forward heading my head on the dash bored. I put my finger over my fore head and saw a little bit of blood.
"Why the fuck not Alyssa?"
"David I've told you before I can't leave, I can't leave my family! are you insane? My sister is having a baby soon!"

"You always pull this shit" he screamed while slamming his hand down on the steering wheel.
"I THOUGHT YOU FUCKING LOVED ME ALYSSA! You won't even go live a life with me, you little slut bag"
"You know what? I don't love you, your a low life piece of crap!"

I screamed while opening the car door. I slammed it right on his face and began running down the street. The only light came from the street light. It looked like a high end of town because of the nice buildings. I kept running till I was out of breath. I finally stopped and sat down in front of an tall apartment complex to catch my breath. I really didn't know where I was, my mind was racing. My phone is broken so I can't call anyone and everyone is sleeping anyway.

I pulled out a mirror from my small purse and saw the cut above my eye that was trickling blood. "shit" I muttered to myself. Just than the complex door flew open and it was 2 pretty tall men talking.
"Alright well I'll see you tomorrow morning" uttered one guy
"Yea thanks for having me over"

The guy walked out to his car, started it and took off. I began walking fast trying to get the hell out of there. But that's when I found myself bumping into the other man, falling to the ground.

"Oh my god are you okay?" He said while extending his hand out to me lifting me to my feet.
I turned my face away so he couldn't see the cut
"Uh I'm fine okay?"
"Your not from this part of town are you?"
"What's it to you?" I muttered
"I know everyone who lives around this part of town and I've never seen someone like you.. are you lost?"
"You could say that"
"Here come inside and I can get you a ride home"
"It's okay just leave me out here"
"Nope I'm involved now, I gotta make sure your gonna be okay"
"I don't get why you even care"
"Well it's the polite thing to do now can you stop acting stupid and let me help you?"
"Fine"

He walked me up to his apartment and unlocked the door.
Red, white and black happened to be the color scheme and it was spacious with a great view of the city of Chicago. He flipped the light switch and that's when I saw his face. I was standing in the house of Patrick Kane.

"Holy shit!"
"What?" I uttered
"The cut above your eye, follow me lets get it cleaned up.. Could I get your name by the way?"
"Uh Alyssa"
"Patrick, now this might sting"
He took an rubbing alcohol wipe and cleaned up the cut. It stung and I cringed at the pain.
"Sorry" he mumbled while putting some medicine on it
"Alright well do you wanna make a phone call or want me to drive you?"
Where the hell was I suppose to go?
If I went back home, David could be waiting there for me and things were only gonna get worse.
"Actually it's kinda late, you can crash here for the night. We'll figure it out in the morning"