Part 20: Scully

I woke up lying on Mulder's chest and I hugged him tightly. This woke him up and he gave me a shy smile. We sat up and I dug my face into his shoulder and cried, again. He hugged me close and kept kissing the top of my messy, orange head. He only stopped when he heard the snicker of my sister. I looked over at her and shot her a sad, dirty look and kept hugging Mulder. "What is your obsession with this kid, Dana?" She scoffed. "Melissa!" My mother yelled, nobody had noticed that she had been up. Mulder's face was red when he realized that my mother was watching and he looked down at his feet. "Well, Missy" I managed to say,"Mulder and I are...well, were dating." Mulder gave me a surprised smile and then laughed when he remembered we talked about this. I wasn't laughing though, I was reminiscing about father's death which made me cry even harder on Mulder's shoulder.(1 hour later) Holding hands, Mulder and I walked out if the building trying to talk about good things. "So, I didn't fail my science test last week." He said, rubbing the back of his neck. I laughed and gave his hand a tight squeeze. "Good job." I said and leaned my head on his arm. When we got outside Mulder's mom greeted us with a hug and she kissed me on the cheek saying, "I'm so sorry this had to happen to you hun." "Yeah, there's nothing you can do." I said, tears gathering in my eyes. She let me go and I looked into Mulder's eyes, "See ya, Fox." We both laughed a little and I whispered in his ear, "I love you." He kissed me on the cheek and smiled at me. I turned around and walked towards the car.