Part 16: Mulder

Once we got into the old, one roomed school building I saw Scully's little round face light up. I didn't know what she was looking at but I hoped that us was something good. "Ta-Da!" She said and put out her hand to show me an old homemade ladder. "What is this Sculls?" I said putting my hands in my hips mockingly. She giggled and said "A ladder I made to get up there." Scully pointed to a hole in the ceiling. She motioned me to follow her up and I did. She led to the roof hatch and we got to the flat top of the roof behind the steeple. She took off her backpack and pulled out my alien pullover. "Hey! I didn't know that you kept that!" I said, honestly surprised that she would keep it. "Yeah...I sleep with it on because it reminds me of you..." she almost whispered. After a bit of awkward silence she slipped on the sweater over her white t-shirt that read "Maine, The way life should be." I moved closer to her and she did the same and snuggled into my side. We just sat there, embracing in each others warmth in the chilly January weather. Finally she spoke,"Hey I almost forgot!" Scully pulled out a box wrapped in alien wrapping paper. "SCULLY! You didn't have to get me anything, it isn't even my birthday!" I took the box and shook it out of habit."Well, I was at the mall and I saw this and I thought of you and I had to get it." She smiled a huge smile and waited for me to open it. So I carefully ripped the little aliens and opened the slender box. Inside was a folded poster that when fully opened read "I WANT TO BELIEVE" I was so happy. "Scully! This is amazing! Thank you!" I said and pulled her into a big hug and kissed her on the top of her head. She looked up at me and kissed me on the lips. A soft, short kiss. I broke the kiss and stared into her eyes, "I love you Dana Scully." I said. "I love you too, Fox Mulder." She said and dug her head into my chest. We sat on that roof for the rest of the day, until Scully got a call...from her mother.