Part 13: Mulder

As I watched Scully walk down the street I thought of all the things that had happened that day. She kissed me. She is way out of my league. Why does she even like me? I thought. Just as I closed the door Sam came back in the room "What was that Fox?" "Sam! It was nothing. Well not really, we just really like each other and that is what people do when they like someone." I really hoped she got the gist of it. "Oh, ok." She said with a strange look in her eye. As she left I let out a sight and sat on the couch. I really hope she still likes me on Monday. I thought to myself before a drifted into a long nap.
I woke up to my mom yelling at me, "Fox! What are you doing! You are supposed to be watching Samantha!" "I'm sorry mom, I fell asleep!" I yelled back at her. My mother and I never had a good relationship. She has always been up my ass for the things Sam did and never gave me a break."Samantha just told me that you had a girl over! What made you think that was a good idea!?" "Listen mom! She just came over to work on homework and then it got really late and slept over is that really a big deal!?" I screamed this at the top of my lungs, tears gathering in my eyes. "YES FOX!" Her eyes now filled with tears,"I'm afraid for you." Her voice now soft as she cupped my face. "Why are you afraid for me. I can fend for myself!" My face now wetted with my warm tears."I'm afraid that you will, you know..." "NO MOM! I don't know please explain to me!" I tore her hands off my face and looked into her eyes. "I'm afraid that you will...will not make the right choices. Do you know what I mean, Fox?" I looked into her eyes, they were filled with fear. "Yes mom." I said and let her walk away, she was obviously hurt by what had just happened. In all honesty, I knew exactly what she meant. She was worried I would get myself into trouble. I was usually a good kid and I never really got myself into trouble. I guessed that Sam had told my mom what Scully looked like and what we did so I was not surprised that she snapped at me like that but I really just wanted her to trust me.